Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88781 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Perhaps it would be wise to ask the Sheriff about that."
((Isn't the sheriff with us?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((You're absolutely right. Blame the fact that it's Friday and remove the post.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Nope, he stayed behind in town to handle the graveyard and his wounds treated))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Well then))

"Let's bring them to the sheriff and let them rest up. They'll admit to anything at this point."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Agreed, but let's be quick about it. I have an appointment."

Seek the local jail for a special delivery.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Surprised at finding such a use for the caltrops, Etoile makes sure to replenish his supplies when he finds time.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The goblins groan and protest as they’re ungently dropped on the ground. Zeratuu neatly uses her claws to pick the knots out of the rope binding their legs together and returns the coil to Aloisturm while the group chivies their prisoners to their feet and return to the road.
It is well after midnight when the north gate of Sandpoint comes into view. Unlike previous times that Etoile can remember, it is now securely closed, and Steven and Aloisturm spot the helmet of a guard on the wall above the gate, keeping watch on the way. Zeratuu pokes Etoile gently in the leg to get his attention and points at the wall to the east of the gate, where they had made their way over into the forest running up to the wall. The ladder is gone, and another guard can be seen there, keeping watch over the forest.

As they approach the gate, the guard takes note, and a bell rings twice. By the time they reach them, one of the gates is open enough for them to walk through comfortably. It is pushed closed behind them, men and women wearing ill-fitting armor and wearing weapons they weren’t as familiar with. Members of the militia, no doubt, called on to assist with the night watches.

One of the militia goes with them to guide them to the jail, holding a torch to light the way. Sandpoint is peaceful and quiet at night, almost all the residents fast asleep for the coming day. When they arrive at the jail, they find Sheriff Hemlock waiting for them, buckling on his sword belt and looking rough, unshaven and rings under his eyes from his broken sleep.

“Well, good to see you safely returned… and with prisoners to boot. What did you find out there?” he says in greeting, eyes growing more focused as he inspects the goblins intently.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile just squirms uncomfortably at the ridiculousness of the company he's found himself in.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Many friends of these four. We were unable to determine their exact number."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't know about the rest of you, but I'll be back in the morning. I'm sure the sheriff here can handle interrogating them."

Steven takes a swig of his flask before lighting another cigarette.

He also takes a cigarette and offers it to the youth

"You earned it for that escape plan."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile feels even more uncomfortable as he refuses.

"T-there are studies in the medical community that people with long-term exposure to fumes, such as alchemists and cigarettes, are at a higher mortality rate. It's also thought that cigarettes are slightly addictive. S-sir, y-y-you should probably stop them for your health."
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Etoile feels even more uncomfortable as he refuses.

"T-there are studies in the medical community that people with long-term exposure to fumes, such as alchemists and cigarettes, are at a higher mortality rate. It's also thought that cigarettes are slightly addictive. S-sir, y-y-you should probably stop them for your health."
"Pretty sure I have a better chance of dying being a merc than dying from this."

He puts away his last cigarette and takes a drag of the one he's already lit up.

"I need to take a trip to the general store tomorrow. Need to make some..."

He speaks one word in elvish and dwarven so the goblins don't understand him

Spoiler: Elvish/Dwarvish (click to show/hide)

"For them if they don't cooperate."

He takes a drag off his cigarette after giving a bit of a falsely wicked smile to the goblins, hoping they got wind of this thing he's going to use for them before heading out for the night, blowing some wind to his face; the night air felt good on him

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I will be with you all again in the morning. I must go see the local smith."

Run back to Korvut's place!

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* Intimidate 1d20 + 7 : 20, 10, 14, 27))

Two of the goblins shriek in terror and cower at the threat. One, that doesn't speak Common just stares blankly. The last's face drains of color, becoming a ghastly greyish green before his eyes roll back in his head and he faints.

A heavily scarred man comes out of the garrison and shakes his head disapprovingly at Steven.
"Here now, don't make more work for me by scaring them so much they pass out!" he says roughly, though he chuckles as he picks up the unconscious goblin by a leg and carries it inside, guards herding the other three after him.

Sheriff Hemlock shakes the hands of the party gravely and let's them know that he'll share any information they collect from the goblins with the party.

It is now late in the night, and fatigue wears heavily at the party... except for Aloisturm, immune to such a mortal failing. With its parting words, the automaton walks off to see if it can still manage a meeting with Das Korvut.

Aloisturm

The smithy is dark and the door is barred. However, around the side a window shows the flicker of candlelight, and the door stands cracked open. Peering inside, Aloisturm sees three mastiffs in a heap next to the embers of a fire, sides rising and falling steadily in their sleep, interrupted only by the occasional twitch of a paw. Das Korvut is seated at a table, a number of empty bottles standing on it or lying on their sides. His head is down, red-rimmed eyes focused on the cup gripped tightly in his hands.

((Does anyone else want to try to accomplish anything else at night, or head to the inn to turn in?))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm knocks on the door.

"I have arrived as promised, smith. You will now explain this proposal of your's."

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 77