Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88919 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((It's more the fact he's telling us to go to a mausoleum and look inside to find a possible single Goblin that anyone, even a local youth, could take care of, never mind a party of (compared to NPCs) highly trained individuals :P))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Etoile just looks around, confused at what the more experienced members are saying.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((You guys are experienced adventurers. Sounds easy... too easy. Must be a trap!))
((Hey, if the guards have time to come tell us to do it for them, why bother grabbing us?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Actually, goblins are pretty dangerous for their CR. They're a small, high-dex race. Add on Weapon Finesse and some decent base armor and they'll flat out murder most commoners one on one. You guys did amazingly well on your rolls in the first fights, but if you were less optimized, those fights would have dragged on a bit.))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What you meant to say, I assume, was

"Oh God, the blood beneath the Construct's hammer, by all that's holy, the horror."))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((What you meant to say, I assume, was

"Oh God, the blood beneath the Construct's hammer, by all that's holy, the horror."))

((*waves flail*))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Alousturm was the prime offender, yes, but even Kal was spearing a goblin pretty decently, even if his luck with his rays was poorer. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Alousturm was the prime offender, yes, but even Kal was spearing a goblin pretty decently, even if his luck with his rays was poorer. :P))

((Actually, goblins are pretty dangerous for their CR. They're a small, high-dex race. Add on Weapon Finesse and some decent base armor and they'll flat out murder most commoners one on one. You guys did amazingly well on your rolls in the first fights, but if you were less optimized, those fights would have dragged on a bit.))
((Goblins are terrifying when in large numbers. By themselves, a guard should be able to handle himself.

I actually almost had a party wipe with a CR4.5 goblin encounter in 5e where my party was level 5 with a party of 6 plus a nightmare. They're scary))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((I think we can all agree that a single goblin probably isn't much of a threat, unless it is either far more experienced than its target or gets a sneak attack or two off an unsuspecting non-tank.

Also I am thinking of naming Aloisturm's hammer. How does "Ol' Smashy" sound? :P ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think we can all agree that a single goblin probably isn't much of a threat, unless it is either far more experienced than its target or gets a sneak attack or two off an unsuspecting non-tank.

Also I am thinking of naming Aloisturm's hammer. How does "Ol' Smashy" sound? :P ))
((We'd call it that, and its fantastic. But would he call it that? I don't know...))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Probably not. Maybe its personality will turn out that way but I really have no clue what Aloisturm will be like at, say, level 5. Brain-wiped magicyborgs are interesting to write for.))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Target-Smasher Mk III, by that point. :P))

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sense motive check; Steven seems wary and tries to discern what's really going on

Kal nods. It is suspicious, and sounds like a trap.

((*roll* Steven: Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 : 11 vs DC20))
((*roll* Kal: Sense Motive 1d20 + ...*critical error*))

((Hey Th4DwArfY1? Your character sheet is still totally blank. You need to fill it back in or send me a link if you made a new one.))

Steven can't get a clear read if the Sheriff is trying to lead them into a trap or not. For his part, Sheriff Hemlock spreads his hands disarmingly. "You're right, I or one of my guards could handle a single goblin with ease. A large part of why I called you here is to get a sense of what type of people you are, and how well you work together."

"Last night proved that you all are very effective, working together. While there are several who live here in town who are experienced former adventurers, it's the former that is a problem. They have their own businesses and interests, and little need or desire to cooperate with one another. A band of adventurers would be a great resource to tap for the security of my town. The goblins have not been so bold as to raid the town for many, many years. This, along with other rumors that have made their way to Sandpoint make me nervous.

So far, I think that you are all fairly good people, whatever your pasts are. Freeing that little kobold there from that reprehensible menagerie was a good deed, and one done without expectation of a reward. I don't think you're all paladins who charge off righting wrongs and saving maidens, but I'm hoping to strike a deal where I or the Mayor can call on you to perform missions for Sandpoint in exchange for a reasonable reward. And perhaps those of you besides the young man there will also come to regard our humble town as a new home."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Awh, damn.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven butts out and throws away his finished cigarette

"Anything we should be looking out for then while down there?"

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 77