Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88905 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheriff Hemlock shakes his head "Be observant and look around. It is a small mausoleum, used to house the mortal remains of members of the churches that make up the Cathedral. Sandpoint has not stood for so long to fill it that much."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

"Do you intend for us to go now?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sheriff Hemlock smiles grimly "No time like the present. I'll be coming with you, as well."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

"Lead the way then."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I'll take that as a general agreement))

Sheriff Hemlock does so, leading the party into the town's graveyard. It is a quiet, peaceful place, the grounds well-tended and the headstones diligently cared for. They quickly arrive at a small mausoleum, its stout wooden door hanging drunkenly from one hinge. "When Father Zantus saw the damage, he immediately went and fetched me. I decided to call you all together for our chat. At worst, I expect some goblins broke in to desecrate the remains and search for valuables, but the tracks leading there indicate there was something larger with them." As they reach the steps of the mausoleum, he reaches to open the door saying "Still, it never pays to be too care-" His words are interrupted as something moans and slams against the door. Hemlock falls back quickly, drawing sword and shield as a mangled goblin stumbles out, moaning to itself. With a clatter of bones, skeletons join in, two human-shaped ones and a wolf, blue flames burning in the eye sockets of their yellowing skulls. And then the rotting corpse of an ogre lets loose a bass moan and slams through the doorway, destroying it and sending bricks showering out towards the party.

Sheriff Hemlock swears, his face paled with fright. "What desecration is this?"

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Can I do any knowledge checks on this?))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Interesting. Looks like Ol' Smashy will be useful against those skeletons.
Not sure about the ogre though. That's a new one for me.))

"...These are not goblins."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((*roll* Etoile - Knowledge: Religion 1d20 + 5 : 16, 22, 14 3 Successes))

The human skeletons can claw with their fingerbones, rending flesh, while the wolf skeleton will fight as it lived, attempting to pull down prey if it succeeds in biting. All of them are resistant to slashing or piercing weapons, but can be smashed apart.

The goblin twitches a little as it moves and appears to be a fast zombie - faster then it was alive, but no longer possessing resistance to piercing or bludgoning weapons. if given a chance, it will swing repeatedly in combat.

The ogre drips noxious slime from the rents in its flesh, and Etoile fears its a plague zombie - each strike of its fists carries the risk of infecting its target, and when brought down, it explodes, covering anyone near it with its infectious ooze.

((Skeletons: DR/5 bludgoning, Cold Immune, Undead Traits
Fast Zombie: (in this case) 40' speed, Undead Traits, can strike twice as a full attack, and is not staggered (normal action economy)
Plague Zombie: DC13/Fort Disease on slam, also occurs in 5' burst around the zombie when it dies. Undead traits, and is staggered, so it can only move OR attack, except if it can charge.))

Zeratuu gags as the smell hits her from the zombies "Zeratuu thinks small rot-thing was goblin."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"By the gods..." Steven mutters, in less of a shocked tone but more of a 'give me a break' tone as he draws his pistol and fires at the ogre's corpse

((This is going off of the fact he doesn't know it'll burst))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You're actually one of the better ones to handle it. :P))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You're actually one of the better ones to handle it. :P))
((So when do I shout "BOOMER"?))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Etoile's face pales as what he has read about takes form in front of him. He remembers about his comrades and their possible lack of knowledge and with a shaking voice tells them what he knows.

"T-t-those are skeletons, a fast zombie and what appears to be a plague zombie! The skeletons are weak to smashing. The wolf will fight as it did alive."

His voice picks up as time is running out, stumbling on his words.

"The goblin is the fast zombie. It is extremely quick and will likely hit you more than once. It's weaker to conventional weapons than when it was alive.

The ogre is the plague zombie and will try to infect you! It will explode at death so don't stay anywhere near it.

The wolf and ogre combo are dangerous as the wolf will try to pull you down, letting the ogre get near you!"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm unslung its lucrene hammer. Luckily the construct didn't need to breathe, or else it supposed the stench of the moving dead meat would negatively affect performance.

"If skeletons are weak to smashing, I suppose I should lead the charge against them."

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Sheriff takes a calming breath and nods in response to Etoile's words. Steven's reaction is more simple, as he shoots the ogre. "Take down the small ones, I'll focus on keeping the ogre busy."

*roll*1d20 + 6 -2 (Range) vs Flat-Footed AC : 23 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d8 : 2))

The bullet strikes true, but the corpse is beyond caring as a new hole in its body begins to ooze green goop. The undead, which had been standing idle are driven into motion by the gunshot, the moans of the zombies rising with their hunger.

((I'll need Kal's sheet to finish setting up combat. Let me know if I can do anything to help, Dwarfy))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Explode?"

Steven look at the hole he made

"Does it happen to be flammable?"

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 77