Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88786 times)

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((That's the thing though. He's our party healer, remember? He's supposed to be used to wounds and blood. He's worked with them and studied them. But you guys are wayyy overdoing it, haha. I suspect after this whole festival fiasco is over his stomach will toughen up though.))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((There's a large difference between helping set someone's arm who fell off a scaffolding and landed badly, and a raging construct swatting a goblin into a wall like it was a fly. I can totally understand why Etoile is squeamish about it, and to tell the truth, Zeratuu is also starting to be affected by the ultra-violence.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((There's a large difference between helping set someone's arm who fell off a scaffolding and landed badly, and a raging construct swatting a goblin into a wall like it was a fly. I can totally understand why Etoile is squeamish about it, and to tell the truth, Zeratuu is also starting to be affected by the ultra-violence.))
((Ultra-violence? Guns? Excessive gore? I need a super shotgun now...))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Give it a few levels and you'll have an enchanted one at least. Also, your turn.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

20' to the east and fire at G3 again

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Your gun is currently unloaded, unless you want to switch to one of the target guns.))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Your gun is currently unloaded, unless you want to switch to one of the target guns.))
((Right))

Reload and move up

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Right))

Reload and move up

Steven reloads and moves up as the goblins begin to react to their attackers

Goblin #3

The goblin wavers for a moment, but with Steven near the horrifying monstrosity that splattered the commando and Kal all on his own, it makes its choice. Shrieking, it lunges at the sorcerer, swinging its sword wildly.

((*roll* Attack vs Kal, 1d20 + 1 vs AC 11 : 13 Hit
*roll* Damage 1d4 : 1))

Kal dodges a bit clumsily, and doesn't manage to avoid the jabbing sword entirely, its point nicking his arm and drawing blood.

Goblin #4

It shrieks in fear and attacks the construct, knowing in its heart that if it tries to run, these terrible monsters would find it anyway.

((*roll* AoO 1d20 + 7 vs AC : 9 Miss))

It evades the construct's blow and swings and jabs with its dogslicer

((*roll* 1d20 + 1 vs AC 17 : 6 Miss))

Its sword clatters off Aloisturm's leg without effect, to the goblin's dawning horror.

((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Steven, Goblin #3, Goblin #4, Aloisturm, Goblin Dog, Kal, Goblin #2, Etoile))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (9 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Healthy, Prone, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Healthy, Goblin #3: Wounded, Goblin #4: Healthy))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Oh? One of the Enemy had managed to get too close for the hammer to be effective. A squishy might have panicked at this point, or tried to move away...but Aloisturm was prepared for this.

With an air of indifference, the construct dropped its lucerne hammer and drew the weapon slung over its shoulder. This one was another two-handed job, but it traded the reach and bludgeon for a wicked, curved blade.

Drop the hammer (on the ground)! Draw the scythe! Slice the gobbo!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

((I may as well post my action too. It'll speed things up for when you have time to update.))

Kal hastily stabs at the goblin with his spear, praying that the basic skill he has with the weapon will save him.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh? One of the Enemy had managed to get too close for the hammer to be effective. A squishy might have panicked at this point, or tried to move away...but Aloisturm was prepared for this.

With an air of indifference, the construct dropped its lucerne hammer and drew the weapon slung over its shoulder. This one was another two-handed job, but it traded the reach and bludgeon for a wicked, curved blade.

Drop the hammer (on the ground)! Draw the scythe! Slice the gobbo!

((*roll* 1d20 + 7 vs AC : 15 Miss))

The goblin shrieks, throwing itself frantically to the side, its shield angled more by luck then skill to parry the blow instead of block it, but its arm almost shocked numb by the force of the impact.

Goblin Dog
The goblin dog scrambles to its feet and closes with the murderer of its master, gnashing its teeth in rage.

Kal
((I may as well post my action too. It'll speed things up for when you have time to update.))

Kal hastily stabs at the goblin with his spear, praying that the basic skill he has with the weapon will save him.

((*roll* 1d20 + 0 vs AC : 19 Hit!
*roll* Damage 1d8 -1 : 6))

Kal ripostes with his spear, spearing the goblin solidly in the gut. It shrieks and clutches the wound as blood gushes, waving its sword desperately to keep this terrible master of martial and magic at bay.

Goblin #2
Having not been tormented by acid, the second goblin focuses on Steven, hoping that it can tie up the ranged fighter. Shrieking a high-pitched warcry, it charges him, sword slicing.

((*roll* 1d20 + 3 vs AC 17 : 11 Miss))

Steven deftly steps back and forth, avoiding and dodging the goblin's wild swinging.

((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Steven, Goblin #3, Goblin #4, Aloisturm, Goblin Dog, Kal, Goblin #2, Etoile))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (9 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Healthy, Prone, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Healthy, Goblin #3: Near Death, Goblin #4: Healthy))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Attack GD with flail
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attack GD with flail

((*roll* 1d20 + 3 vs AC : 23 Threat
*roll* 1d20 + 3 vs AC : 18 Crit!
*roll* 2d8 + 4 : 10))

Focused on the dangerous golem, the goblin dog doesn't pay sufficient attention to the armored form at its side.

Big mistake.

Gritting his teeth against the roiling bile in his stomach, Etoile gives his morning star a spin as he rears back and swings it with all the force he could muster at the horrible thing in front of him. It strikes with punishing force, smashing the goblin dog's head, mangling its jaw, the spikes of the crushing ball blinding it in one eye. The creature staggers, its skull deformed by the strike and near unconscious from the pain and trauma.

Zeratuu
Seeing the havoc wreaked by Master Etoile, the little kobold darts forward, seeking to flank the staggering monster, tumbling athletically to avoid it noticing her movements.

((*roll* Acrobatics 1d20 + 9 vs CMD 14 : 20))

Getting in position, she eyes its exposed jugular with distaste. The mangy monsters looks like it will taste disgusting, but needs must. Squinting in distaste, she lunged, hissing

((*roll* 1d20 + 6 vs Flat-Footed AC : 8 Miss))

Perhaps luckily, her teeth close on nothing as the creature jerks away, looking panicked as it realizes that its become surrounded.

((Sirus, if you move one square down, you'll establish flanking between Aloisturm and Zeratuu on G4, and can hit against its flat-footed AC.))

((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (8 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Near Death, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Healthy, Goblin #3: Near Death, Goblin #4: Healthy))
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:29:21 pm by Hanzoku »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stven takes a 5ft step to the west and fires his pistol at the goblin who swung at him

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stven takes a 5ft step to the west and fires his pistol at the goblin who swung at him

((*roll*1d20 + 7 vs Touch AC : 22 Hit!
*roll* Damage 1d8 : 3))

Unruffled by the goblin's attack, the gunslinger smoothly steps back, takes aim and fires, all the while chanting in goblin at the creature. It screeches as the bullet takes it in the shoulder and twists with the force of the shot, blood splashing to the stones.

Goblin #3
The goblin wavers, but it knows that exposing its back and trying to flee only means a swift death from behind. It swings and swipes wildly, hoping against hope to force the terrible longshanks back.

((*roll* 1d20 + 1 vs AC 11 : 14 Hit
*roll* 1d4 : 3))

The sword strikes Kal in the leg, drawing more blood then the first strike had, and the goblin rallies as it realizes that it can strike back at its tormenter.

Goblin #4
The goblin counters the scythe blow, swinging with all its might

((*roll* 1d20 + 1 vs AC 19 : 5 Miss))

It misses badly and stumbles, holding up its shield to desperately defend itself.

((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (8 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Near Death, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Wounded, Goblin #3: Near Death, Goblin #4: Healthy))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 77