Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88787 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Aloisturm shifts gears (metaphorically) to take advantage of the opportunity Scaly-Thing has provided. It takes a five-foot-step directly south and hacks at G4 with its scythe!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm shifts gears (metaphorically) to take advantage of the opportunity Scaly-Thing has provided. It takes a five-foot-step directly south and hacks at G4 with its scythe!

((*roll* 1d20 + 7 vs Flat-Footed AC : 14 Hit
*roll* Damage 2d4 + 10 : 13))

The goblin shrinks back as the construct moves, and hears the rising hiss of the kobold behind it, causing it to spring forward instead. It glances back for a brief moment, and goes a pale gray-green as it realizes its mistake. The scythe swings, and suddenly the world is spinning around it wildly.

The goblin's head bounces one direction as the body collapses the other, leaving the severely wounded goblin dog without support.

Goblin Dog

The goblin dog is half-blind from wounds and pain, and snaps instinctively at the source of its trauma.

((*roll* 1d20 + 2 vs AC 20 : 18 Miss))

It snarls and snaps, lunging low and high, but the boy facing it is always one step ahead, and its teeth find nothing but air.

((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Steven, Goblin #3, Aloisturm, Goblin Dog, Kal, Goblin #2, Etoile))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (8 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Near Death, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Wounded, Goblin #3: Near Death, Goblin #4: Dead))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

With a snarl, Kal lunges forward to drive the spear home.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With a snarl, Kal lunges forward to drive the spear home.
((Go melee sorcerer!))

((*roll* 1d20 + 0 vs AC : 6 Miss))

Kal's spear thrust is blocked by the goblin's shield as they continue sparring

Goblin #2

The goblin shrieks as the construct begins to turn after decapitating the other goblin and swings at its legs wildly

((*roll* 1d20 + 1 vs AC 19 : 18 Miss))

Its strike catches on the edge of the plates that protect the construct's knee and catches for a moment before skittering safely away.

((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Steven, Goblin #3, Aloisturm, Goblin Dog, Kal, Goblin #2, Etoile))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (8 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Near Death, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Wounded, Goblin #3: Near Death, Goblin #4: Dead))

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Realizing his mistake of being too protective of the Kobold, letting his ranged allies be attacked and seeing how far away he is from Kal, Etoile attacks the Goblin Dog again with hopes that combat will be over as quickly as possible for him to give first aid.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Agh! Treachery! I helped you when you were sick! :P))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

((Like how you scared me in that alley, nearly making me shit myself? scoffs

After this fight Etoile will probably have learned to be less protective of the rogue kobold and more of the squishy ranged fellas ;P))
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

((Like how you scared me in that alley, nearly making me shit myself? scoffs

After this fight Etoile will probably have learned to be less protective of the rogue kobold and more of the squishy ranged fellas ;P))
((I haven't been hit yet, so I'm still good))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((To be fair, I had sort of expected you to Color Spray the goblin instead of fighting it straight on))

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I've always lugged about a weapon as a magic user. Never used it, though - figured I may as well give it a shot on a low level creature.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Realizing his mistake of being too protective of the Kobold, letting his ranged allies be attacked and seeing how far away he is from Kal, Etoile attacks the Goblin Dog again with hopes that combat will be over as quickly as possible for him to give first aid.

((*roll*1d20 + 3 vs AC : 14 Hit!
*roll* Damage 1d8 + 2 : 4))

The goblin dog goes down hard under Etoile's swing and spasms a few times before going still, joining its master in death.

Zeratuu

Seeing the goblin dog go down, Zeratuu flashes Master Etoile a smile before rushing around the goblin occupied with Rusty. Using her speed, she skids around in an arc and lunges at the back of its neck with a deadly growl.

((*roll* 1d20 + 6 vs Flat-Footed AC : 22 Hit
*roll* 1d4 - 1 + 1d6 : 9))

Teeth close on the back of the surprised goblin's neck, and she wrenches her head back and forth, breaking the goblin's neck like a rat being killed by a terrier. She lets go immediately and starts spitting at the disgusting taste of goblin once again.

((I always feel a little bad for the last enemy standing. That said, Goblin #3 is looking at some bad times ahead.))
((Initiative Tracker: Zeratuu, Steven, Goblin #3, Aloisturm, Kal, Etoile))
((Buff Tracker: Bless (Everyone) (7 rounds remaining, +1 Morale bonus on attacks and fear saves) ))
((Health Tracker: Goblin Commando: Dead, Goblin Rat: Dead, Goblin #1: Dead, Goblin #2: Dead[/b[, Goblin #3: Near Death, Goblin #4: Dead))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Reload and finish the job
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I both hope you miss for the sake of you missing the same goblin twice, and hope you succeed because said goblin is very much in my face.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there penalties for launching a ranged attack at a creature currently engaged in melee? Especially when the melee involves an ally?))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there penalties for launching a ranged attack at a creature currently engaged in melee? Especially when the melee involves an ally?))

((You're correct, I had missed that. Without the Precise Shot feat, there's a -4 penalty for shooting at a target engaged in melee. There can be further penalties if the target has soft cover from a character standing in the way, though this goblin doesn't benefit from that.))

Reload and finish the job

((*roll* 1d20 + 3 vs Touch AC : 20 Hit!
*roll* Damage 1d8 : 6))

As Steven calmly finishes his chant, he lowers his pistol, aims and fires, the bullet catching the goblin in the side and pitching it from its feet, and to its death.

With that last thunderous report, all of the goblins in the area are dead or dying, and a silence falls on the battlefield. Across the city, the only voices that can be heard are those of humans as the citizens work to put out fires and aid those trapped or injured in the fighting. A voice breaks the silence as the human comes out of hiding, a handkerchief clapped across his face and his face pale.

"My word, my word... I never expected such... skill, such valor in combat! Truly, you all are my very saviors."

((Congratulations on winning the combat! You gain 268 XP for the battle!))
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 77