Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88793 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

((Almost halfway to level 2, gentlemen!))

Before anything else happens, Aloisturm retrieves its hammer and re-equips it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile

Worried about Kal, Etoile casts heal light wounds on him and patches him to further if needed.

Afterwards he checks where the man is fine?

"D-d-do you know what happened?"
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

Kal accepts the healing.
I should introduce you to a friend of mine. Your ability with healing would interest him.

He follows Etoile towards the man and speaks after him.

More importantly, are you all right? If allowed, he does a quick medical inspection of the man.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worried about Kal, Etoile casts heal light wounds on him and patches him to further if needed.

Afterwards he checks where the man is fine?

"D-d-do you know what happened?"

((*roll* 1d8 +1 : 4))

The human kneels next to the body of the hunting dog and sadly brushes a hand over its face to close its eyes. "Ah, Valen, you were the best of my hounds."

When not rattled and nauseated, the human would otherwise be fairly handsome, with blond hair and brown eyes. His haircut is stylish and his clothing is expensive. He has a number of scrapes and minor cuts, but looks to otherwise be further unharmed.

"Forgive me, and excuse my poor manners. My name is Aldern Foxglove. As for what happened, why you all bravely struck down these foul beasts before they could harm me. Before that, or where these goblins came from... I'm afraid I do not know. I was rushing to get to the square when the shouting and fires started, and while I was trying to escape, those beasts cornered me. Valen fought to defend me and kept the wretched things at bay until that mounted one that your fine golem smashed showed up. It was far braver then its kin, and sadly all too skilled."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Steven butts out his current, almost fully burnt out cigarette and lights another one before taking a heavy drag of it, reloading his pistol, muttering under his breath as he checks his personal gunpowder stores

"Running low... Might have to buy some off of the range owner..."

He takes a swig of his flask after he takes the cigarette out of his mouth briefly and then turns to the man they just aided.

"They're rallying everyone at the Cathedral; you may want to make your way there.

I have to resupply in case anything else shows up. Not to mention, the range owner will want his weapons back."

Steven makes his way to the range, hoping the man running it is alright.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aldern nods, and pauses for a moment as he catches sight of the kobold, who is fussing over Etoile, making sure that he is unharmed. "What a wonderous creature..." he breathes before giving himself a shake as he nods to Steven's words.

"Of course, of course. I am staying at the Rusty Dragon for a few days more, please, seek me out once things are settled, I would love to talk further, and reward you all for saving my life."

As Steven hurries out the gate, he quickly comes to the shooting range. He sees Dexter using a thick blanket to beat out the smoldering remnants of the stand where people shot from. His wagon stands nearby, a scorch mark visible on the side, but otherwise unharmed. The man is swearing sulfuriously to himself as he works, and he has his musket slung over his shoulder. With the setting sun, Steven stumbles over the first goblin corpse, and as he looks around more carefully, he sees several others scattered in the area, as well as another of those rat-like goblin dogs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Question. Where is this Rust Dragon?"

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven pulls out the bundle of target guns and the powder horn that isn't his

"I found some things that belong to you. I'm lucky that I wasn't alone, or I would be in a worse shape than your stand here."

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Question. Where is this Rust Dragon?"

Aldern bobs his head in acknowledgement of the question, admiring the construct's clean lines. "You can find the Rusty Dragon along Market Way, the road between the southern gate and the market square near the docks to our south."

((Etoile knows exactly where it is.))

Steven pulls out the bundle of target guns and the powder horn that isn't his

"I found some things that belong to you. I'm lucky that I wasn't alone, or I would be in a worse shape than your stand here."

Dexter stops and wipes his forehead with his sleeve, smearing sweat and grime into a gray smudge across his forehead. He sees Steven holding out the guns and his face brightens immediately. "Ah, I thought those were lost forever! When the goblins swept by, a bunch of the little bastards stopped and thought they could handle me." He laughs nastily as he expertly checks each of the guns, frowning at the one that had been fired. "Ah, hope this one didn't hit anyone.  I'm glad you found some people to stand with you. It was touch and go for me, but most of the goblins seemed intent on getting into town as quickly as possible. One of them stopped long enough to steal the target guns and the powder horn while I was busy blasting that damn goblin dog, but they should have had me dead to rights if they had all swarmed me."

Dexter hands back the powder horn to Steven. "Keep it, I can make more easy enough, but I can't make these guns very quickly."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aloisturm just stares at the dandy meatbag, not appreciating the once-over it was receiving.

"Confirmed."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Steven gives a bit of a chuckle.

"I was just about to offer to buy it off of you; I was running low. I haven't been able to resupply recently.

Do you need a hand with anything while I'm here?"

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dexter grunts as he eyes the smoldering remains of the stand and uses the blanket to wrap up the target guns in neat, angry motions before tossing the bundle back to Steven. "Here, if you could carry this, I'd be obliged." He goes and grabs a bag from the wagon and locks the door securely. "There, nothing of value in there, going to have to hope the dogs keep running. For me, I think sleeping inside the walls is the smart idea tonight."

As the two walk back through the gates, a pair of guards and several townsfolk arrive from the town center. armed with a variety of simple weapons. One of the guards nods to the party, while the other inspects the goblin-covered dent in the outer wall with awe. "Well done! We think the green scum are all running, but the guard are sweeping the town for any stragglers. Please, head to the cathedral square and check in with the Sheriff. We'll close and secure the gate for the night."

One of the townsfolk is clutching his spear nervously as he watches the kobold, who is using the bulk of Aloisturm to stay mostly out of sight. "Hey, isn't that that dragon thing those dwarves wanted? Weren't they offering a lot of mon-"

Another townsperson smacks him across the back of his head, causing him to cry out in surprise. "I don't see anyone strange here, and if I did, they've been busy saving our lives, and I wouldn't be so ungrateful as to try to sell them into slaver. Do you  see anyone strange?"

The first man rubs the back of his head, face flushed. "No... noone strange."

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #372 on: November 02, 2016, 10:27:55 am »

Etoile moves next to Aloisturm, trying to give more space for the Kobold to hide in. He looks at the party and tries to mutter something.

"L-l-lets go to the Cathedral."
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 02, 2016, 11:33:10 am »

Kal nods, and looks at the men suspiciously.

Yes...let's go.

Leads the others towards the cathedral.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 02, 2016, 11:46:20 am »

Aloisturm stands a little taller, pleased at the reaction its handiwork inspired in some of the meatbags.

Having nothing else to do at the moment, the construct followed the party.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 77