Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14834 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2016, 12:18:43 pm »

Fake scroll: If this spell is made into a scroll, randomly choose two other scrolls. The scroll that contains this spell appears to be a scroll of the first spell, but actually has the properties of (and casts when used) the second spell. If this spell is not made into a scroll, reroll this result.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2016, 12:32:06 pm »

Zero G (enchantment): the target is no longer subjected to gravity. Any force will push it off the ground and make it float away out of balance. It still has mass, if it could fly it'll still be able to but with penalties to compensate the lack of a down vector, else it can push off other surfaces or slowly swim in the air. Physical combat other than grappling will become hilariously difficult.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:13:57 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2016, 09:29:55 pm »

Get Your Hands Off of Me(contingency, destructive): The next time somebody grabs the target using their hands, their hands explode.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2016, 08:41:28 am »

Hit Him With the Books(force magic, offensive): The target is hit with a blast of force equivalent to every book in the room hitting him.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2016, 01:17:45 am »

Illiteracy (compulsion): The target forgets how to read or write.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 07:09:56 am by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2016, 08:33:39 am »

Flourish of the Peacock(transformation, enchantment): The target gains the ability to transform into a magical peacock and back. While in peacock form, they can flourish their hind feathers to hypnotize beings that look at them.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2016, 11:50:25 am »

Arcane Roulette (offensive, RNG): Roll 1d6 for each character in the room, whomever rolls the lowest (ties being allowed, it's a magic bullet) takes 2d4 damage.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2016, 01:46:07 pm »

Jump (Expert level Air Spell: 30 Mana or equivalent): Caster is launched 60 ft into the air, and is able to fall 180 ft without harm until the caster touches the ground again.

Created by a professor at a school of magic who was part goblin and thus extremely short, in order to allow him to reach high shelves, skip the stairs, and preform awe inspiring wrestling moves. While of relatively little use in combat due to its relatively high cost and lack of direct damage, the spell is still quite commonly found in adventurers spell books. It can make for a quick get-away or a shortcut up onto a ledge, as well as allowing the user to jump wide gaps and chasms that physical force cannot, but are thin enough not to justify using Fly. Alternatively, creative uses for scrolls of Jump combined with tight spaces, illusions, and a bit of stealth makes for some rather funny stories!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »

The Spell That Makes It Very Hard To Leave The Room(space manipulation, alteration): The room that the caster is in is enchanted so that anybody who leaves the room by an exit immediately enters the room through an entrance of it.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »

Implosion [Destruction: Air element/ Master Level]: Immediately removes all local atmospheric gases from the area around the target, then releases them, causing the target to undergo the titular implosion. Due to the forces involved with the spell, the target is sometimes dead before the implosion proper. Beware of gibs.

The creation of a particularly crafty, violent and practical air mage, mostly as an answer to Arrdivalls Heavy Wind's Downfall, which made conventional Air attacks  (i.e. Baels Gales, Thunderous Cacanphony, and Justin Beiber's Greatest Hits) ineffective on a properly trained wizard. Instead of using a direct, magically empowered kenetic strike with air particles, instead Implosion utilizes a fact about vacuums: they draw in surrounding matter. Air is matter. And Perfect Vacuums suck perfectly... As such, the only force exerted through magic is directed outwards from the target, bypassing any defense that permits attacks. While Dylies Ultimate Shell still blocks the assault through sheer force, and of course the implosive radius isn't large enough to truly kill a dragon, Implosion tends to make short work of humanoid or smaller enemies.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2016, 07:15:19 pm »

Hm. I like your style. So how about...

Revocation of Spells(metamagic): All spells the target cast in the previous turn have their effects undone.

Sometimes, you just need to make a particularly nasty spell never have happened. Thank goodness for this particular time conjuration made by the great metamagic and time magic focused mage Accrioinos.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2016, 07:34:58 pm »

Otherworld: Sends the target far into the future, and summons a horrific beast which destroys and maintains the destruction of all identifying landmarks and technologies in a several mile radius until they arrive.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2016, 10:36:03 pm »

Ad Blitz(mind affecting): A massive blast of advertisements for a local sweet drink product are shoved into the target's mind.

Black_Company

• Bay Watcher
  • Onwards, onwards to Glory !
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 08, 2016, 04:13:05 am »

Call of Nature(High level nature spell): Make your target want to defecate(or urinate). URGENTLY.
Consciousness is the Sun
Tenacity is the Earth
Courage became the Horizon
and Struggle is the Realization of our Oaths
-Iwan Fals,1998

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 08, 2016, 05:53:32 am »

Shadow Puppets: That shadows of two nearby creatures distort and each fuse to one of your hands via five shadowy strings extending from your fingers. For 1d3 turns, you can control the movement two target creatures nearby by moving your fingers with the shadow strings attached. You can't make them do actions other than movement based ones (ie. You can force them to attack another unwillingly, but you can't make them cast spells, or use items).You cannot cast other spells, attack, use items or read spells while you have control of others movement, although you may choose to end the spell prematurely (at the cost of your action that turn). At the end of the spell, the target(s) collapse to the ground, unable to act for a single turn.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 05:58:46 am by Therolyn »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21