Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14836 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2016, 08:38:37 pm »

Ancient abomination (illusion): All the target's allies with line of sight will see the target change into a huge horrific monster and will react accordingly after a horror check roll.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »

Snake Sigil
-- Trap --

You create or modify a section of text on a page, in a book, etc. You may expend additional power to make this spell work on non-paper writing. When someone reads the text, the trap activates, summoning a venomous snake which seems to leap out of the text and strike the reader. Reflex save to avoid.

After striking its victim (or missing), the snake disappears with a bang and a puff of smoke.
"Guess what I memorized this morning?"
Explosive Runes:As per Order of the Stick.
YAAAAAS!
But Xvareon's spell resembles Sepia Snake Sigil much more than it resembles Explosive Runes!

Ancient abomination (illusion): All the target's allies with line of sight will see the target change into a huge horrific monster and will react accordingly after a horror check roll.
Shouldn't this spell be (transmutation)?

Soul-Swapping Party (Necromancy): Every nearby creature that has a soul has their soul swapped with that of a nearby creature. This may cause a soul to change hosts multiple times before the spell resolves. This effect lasts for 2d6 turns unless the result both of the dice of the duration roll are the same number, in which case it is permanent.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2016, 04:55:19 pm »

No, it's an illusion, and the point is to throw the entire team into disarray without affecting their enemies. The target's allies should get penalties from being shaken or frightened, disengage their present enemy to run away, or even attack the target - but the target is still himself, gets no bonus at attacking the opposing team, and should be quite surprised at being attacked by his own friends for no discernible reason. All in all, it's very bad for morale and puts the entire team at a tactical disadvantage.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:58:44 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 27, 2016, 08:14:56 am »

Solar Flurry(offensive, self-affecting, alteration, teleportation): The caster teleports next to the target and unleashes a flurry of punches. In other words, he keeps attacking the target until one of the attacks hits. Once an attack hits, it'll gain a damage boost, +x, where x is two times the number of misses.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 27, 2016, 09:19:41 am »

throwing crossbow(alteration): target item can act as a deadly throwing weapon
wet T-shirt contest(offensive):you and the target hit each other with wet T-shirts until one of them die.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 27, 2016, 09:25:28 am »

Wizard Punch - Expend all stocked spells for the day on one target. All of them.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 27, 2016, 09:29:58 am »

Wizard Punch - Expend all stocked spells for the day on one target. All of them.
Does that include spells that were already used?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 27, 2016, 09:50:15 am »

Huh, this looks fun. Looks like two people just took over the thread anyway. :P

Shadow of Fate (Divination, Temporal): The caster closes their eyes, and momentarily imbues their own shadow with a facsimile of life and sudden movement-in a few moments, the shadow appears to act out in a physical premonition of the casters own death-contorting as if shot with an projectile, perhaps, flailing around as if on fire, or just laying down to die of old age. There is no additional clues aside from the shadows own movements, however-which lack context, and any other details are just as difficult to discern clearly. Furthermore, if the caster turns around to view his own shadow, or views it in any way, he will instantly die from the sight of his own future, due to the paradox-in that case, both he and his shadow fall down in eerie synchronicity, as if it was meant to be. The Caster must trust a 3rd party, or several, to relay potential information, if he wishes to potentially avert his own fate.

After the spell is completed successfully, the casters shadow vanishes permanently-he cannot perform the spell a second time.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2016, 11:00:43 am »

Does that include spells that were already used?

Probably not. If a spell is used, it's no longer stocked. But posting so,

Pet the Kitty - Summons an imaginary cat. Friend and foe alike feel compelled to pet the cat.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2016, 08:51:37 am »

Overcharge(alteration, metamagic): The next time the caster casts a spell, its potency is squared. That is, raised to the power of two.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:42 am »

The Teacher is Mad(alteration):duration: 2d6. turns the caster, the caster's allies, and the caster's enemies(currently visible. if they become visible during the spell, it takes effect on them.) become six year olds for the duration of the spell.then the teacher comes in and berates them for fighting. must beat a 20DC will check, in order to avoid standing in a corner chosen during the start of the spell. during the duration of the spell, none of the affected can attack, nor can anyone attack them, and nothing can harm them. at the end of the spell, anyone who didn't share their pudding cups loses 1d4 health. anyone who stood in the corner is stunned for 1d6 turns.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2016, 06:07:37 pm »

The UBERBEAM(destruction): The target has a massive beam of disintegration energy fired at them from the caster's palms.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2016, 06:41:46 pm »

No, it's an illusion, and the point is to throw the entire team into disarray without affecting their enemies. The target's allies should get penalties from being shaken or frightened, disengage their present enemy to run away, or even attack the target - but the target is still himself, gets no bonus at attacking the opposing team, and should be quite surprised at being attacked by his own friends for no discernible reason. All in all, it's very bad for morale and puts the entire team at a tactical disadvantage.
Oh, I'm sorry, I misread it and thought that it turned all of your allies into monsters. Thanks for the correction.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »

Solar Flurry(offensive, self-affecting, alteration, teleportation): The caster teleports next to the target and unleashes a flurry of punches. In other words, he keeps attacking the target until one of the attacks hits. Once an attack hits, it'll gain a damage boost, +x, where x is two times the number of misses.
How hard to you have to try to hit them? Can you try to pull off an incredible trick shot (with your eyes closed, your wrists tied to your knees and each other, and while hopping one foot, for example) and get +2 million or so damage? Can you try to do something impossible (send my fist back in time (without magic) and punch the target, for example) several million times and get an absurd damage boost that way?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2016, 08:24:15 am »

Well, it has to be a flurry of punches. So not much can be done to hamper yourself without it not being a flurry of punches. And that'll only come into play if this spell is written on a scroll.
~~~
Symbiotic Fungi Growth(biomancy, self-alteration): The caster has a large fungi growth appear on his back. As in, fused with it, such that if it was removed, the caster would die. The growth feeds off the caster, meaning they have to eat twice as much food and drink twice as much water in order to survive. However, the caster gains the ability to generate large clouds of toxic spores from the growth, which the growth makes him/her immune to. Anybody who survives the spores gets Symbiotic Fungi Growth cast on them as though they were the caster.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21