Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Let's make a Random Spell List.  (Read 14829 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's make a Random Spell List.
« Reply #195 on: October 19, 2016, 07:13:43 pm »

Magic Armour (invocation): A magic plate armour appears around the target. The target can still cast but becomes burdened, taking a -1 to all dexterity rolls; however all damage taken is halved and rounded down.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 19, 2016, 08:01:37 pm »

Edelfelts greater Ego [Spirit magic expert | 25 mana]: targets ego is swollen to epic levels, causing target to become perfectly confident in their ability to do anything or everything. Effect lasts for a maximum of 10 minutes, with the target making a saving throw the first 3 rounds. Target cannot believe they would fail 3 times in a row afterward, preventing further throws from taking place.

To love thyself is a terrible thing, and sets both kings and mirror-makers a-quaking.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2016, 09:48:20 pm »

Feel The Peace(mind-affecting): No sentient being can take hostile action until 1d4+1 turns pass.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 21, 2016, 02:18:32 pm »

Ded to me(illusion):target creature is immediately assumed to be dead by all creatures except the target and the caster. they will not act as if they can see him. if they liked the target they may have a memorial service for him(but due to a lack of corpse, probably not a funeral). if targeted creature attacks anyone, they will assume s\he has risen as a zombie. someone who loves the target romantically may attempt a will save(DC 25).
if the will save is won, s/he can see that the target and knows the target isn't dead. if s/he loses the will save, she cries uncontrollably for 2d4 rounds because of the memory of the deceased.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 21, 2016, 05:52:08 pm »

The End is Never the End is Never the End is Never the End(time manipulation, reality warping): The next 3 times the target would die, the state of the world, minus the state of this spell, is reset to one day before the target died.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2016, 01:38:16 am »

The End is Never the End is Never the End is Never the End(time manipulation, reality warping): The next 3 times the target would die, the state of the world, minus the state of this spell, is reset to one day before the target died.
Does chance reset as well?

Does the caster know how many charges are left in the spell?

What happens if the caster recharges the spell, then dies, then recharges the spell, then dies, then...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 22, 2016, 03:54:49 pm »

Ice Bolt [Fire Novice | 5 Mana]: fires a bolt of sharp ice in the direction of the casters choosing.

The beginning wizards favorite way to slay giant rats and other such beasties. A weak, low-cost spell for the frugal mana-hounds out there. The layman asks: "Why is it fire?"

The wizard asks: "Why not?"

To which the scholar replies: "The two of you are both idiots, Fire obviously is representative of thermal energy and changing the states of matter with that in mind." To which point he is defenestrated from the highest point possible, because nobody really cares.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 23, 2016, 05:06:16 am »

Icky Icky: Cast to infect the target with a viscious colony of lice

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 23, 2016, 08:19:18 am »

Timeskip: The target falls into a time warp to the next first day of Spring. If the target was a player, it disappears from the game but can rejoin the wait list with all the current inventory items, acquired levels, buffs and debuffs at the GM's discretion.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 23, 2016, 11:47:32 am »

( may have been inspired by Almost Real Life events )

Baleful Tonkamorph: Target is transformed into a tonka truck. They retain their intelligence and consciousness, can perceive their surroundings as normal, and retain any supernatural or magical abilities they had beforehand (although won't have a hand or mouth to use for spellcasting). They are able to move around by spinning their wheels, i.e. driving.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:44:45 pm by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 23, 2016, 06:47:11 pm »

Summon Greater Kitten [Dark Magic novice | 10 Mana]: Summons a very large kitten onto the field. It's adorable, and very large.

Clifford was a big red dog, but Fluffy here... Well, Fluffy stepped on Clifford once, and sent his red tail to the veterinarian.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2016, 09:03:46 am »

Izero Nomis(enchantment): The target item has the effect of two of itself. I.E., a match would burn twice as brightly, a sword would cut twice as much, a spell book would contain twice as many spells... if an item is not targeted by this spell, then a random item in the room is targeted. If the caster is not in a room, then his clothes are targeted. If the caster has no clothes, then the caster is transformed into a sword and is targeted.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2016, 09:10:18 am »

Izero Nomis(enchantment): The target item has the effect of two of itself. I.E., a match would burn twice as brightly, a sword would cut twice as much, a spell book would contain twice as many spells... if an item is not targeted by this spell, then a random item in the room is targeted. If the caster is not in a room, then his clothes are targeted. If the caster has no clothes, then the caster is transformed into a sword and is targeted.
Is the caster a intelligent sword?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 26, 2016, 08:55:15 am »

The caster can make a willpower roll to keep their mind if they're transformed.
~~~
Optional Bonus Room: Minecraft Dungeon(geomancy, dimension shift): The room the caster is currently in is connected to a Minecraft dungeon. If the caster is not in a room, the nearest landmass has a dungeon placed inside it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 01, 2016, 08:46:25 am »

Hidden Blade(meta-magic, destruction): A blade of energy is fired at the target. The blade's potency is increased proportionally to how many real life days it has been since the last turn.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21