Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132566 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #960 on: January 10, 2017, 05:01:16 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Respawn, head for the ziggurat.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 10, 2017, 10:50:52 pm »

Suddenly realize what i thought was an Enemy was actually was a squirrel, then proceed to go into the complex. Id preferably climb one of those watchtowers. Look for anything good on slain OtherGuys

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 12, 2017, 05:18:13 pm »

Battle 3: Round 13

These maps are start of round. I'll post them at the bottom with end of round info.
Spoiler: same map with tt tags (click to show/hide)

Platoon 1

Spoiler: Re003 (click to show/hide)

Jesus Christ, this is a bloodbath. I wonder how many men just like me died out here in this clusterfuck...

Retry suppressing fire. Again.

(5) you suppress the fuck out of the northern guard tower.

Do I get something for reaching my 5th incarnation?

Respawn with my platoon, run to the objective (I swear I've died at least three times trying to get there)
At sixth incarnation you can become a corporal or any of the normal low end classes (i.e. shooter, heavy grunt, whichever was the melee oriented one, point man, grenadier, communications guy.)
(4) you run up to the guard tower that your teammate is suppressing and start to climb.

you can remove teh CP, as it was spent in unlocking this class. trade out your tunic for one layer of armor, and your mushrooms for ,,, nah, leave the shrooms, They fine. so you are a melee berserker then. mkay. Your berserk bonbuses will be to Charge, Swing Battle Axe, Smash, and Engage Multiple Enemies (melee). think of any other actions that would be suitable here?

And YAPWS. BARBARIC YAWPS!
What?

Keep going into the temple burning anything that gets in my way. If the fire would get in my way use the sword
You have that handy flame resistant suit. However, it is damaged, so you can't spend any great amount of time in fire without getting burned. But you can pass through a t a walking pace for the most part.
(4) which is what you do. You walk down the hall, spurting fire into the doors and doorways that you approach, leaving a trail of smoke and flame behind you.

Respawn, head for the ziggurat.
(6) you get right up ti the northeast corner of the ziggurat completely unopposed. Now what?

Platoon 1 Death Rolls
(6)(2)(2)(2)(4)Aig002 gets shot while approaching the battlefield, maiming a limb. This makes him very angry.
KH008 rounds a corner at the end of the hallway and is promptly shot by a rather surprised looking fellow. the laser goes through his shoulder and into his fuel tank. He doesn't even feel the explosion that rips him to roasted shreds and fills the east and south halls on floor three with fire.

Platoon 3

jump in  diagonal past them spinning at last moment  and shooting  them in their backs

(5) You leap up sideways, launch yourself off a wall, and do a flying double kick into the sides of their heads, dropping them instantly. You calmly put a shot throug heach one;s head and look back at your platoon. "Stairs are clear!"

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
You know what? Forward bases are overrated. Push up the stairs behind my two grunt meatshields. Fill the hallway with pew pews from my Electrolaser carbine.((I guess my two serious wounds materialise as a maiming in the left arm. Good thing a carbine is light enough to shoot with one arm... right... ?))
your grunts stand for a moment in awe of zii009's acrobatics, tehn pull a little three stooges routine trying to get into the hallay ahead of him. You get to the top ofthe stairs and nod your respect to the badass.

Run to catch up with the guys in the ziggurat.
((Which classes are the higher-level ones?))
Higher level are essentially extensions of the lower level ones. Rocketeer for heavy grunt, sniper for shooter, scout for point man, uh ... kung fu priest for cleric, limb surgeon for medic, and pilot. and yes, that last one unlocks vehicles.
(1) you fall into a hole. it's dark in there and you hear growling.

Suddenly realize what i thought was an Enemy was actually was a squirrel, then proceed to go into the complex. Id preferably climb one of those watchtowers. Look for anything good on slain OtherGuys

(4) you run to the north and meet up with Sn005 as he starts to climb the North Guard Tower. (3 )you find a second lasergun

Platoon 3 Death Rolls.
(4)(5)(3)(6)(4)The room before you guys is a large swquare room filled with workbenches. ABout halfway in, a small group of The Other GuysTM have made themselves a barricade out of overturned workbenches and are shooting at you from there. they wound one of HC's grunts (keep track of the grunts or I will start assuming you don't have them.)
Hat010, on the other hand, is being circled by some kind of weird animal.

Platoon 4

Enemy is not close enough to hit, throw gun at noise instead.
I'm honestly surprised they haven't just leaped on you and tore you to shreds yet. good rolls. I guess.
(3) you hurl the heavy weapon at the noise and are rewarded with a pained yelp. and a snarl.

"Go on! Make the Other Guys™ die for what they believe in!"

Yell inspiring things at my grunts, buffing them.

Quote from: Grunt 1
Spoiler: OGnt001 (click to show/hide)

Go full ham
Quote from: Grunt 2
Spoiler: OGnt002 (click to show/hide)

Scream. Chew resin some more.
(3) these actions ... You all do a slapstick routine right there in the hallway. you, your grunts, The Other GuysTM. It's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Sbdandon the plan of subterfuge and instead see if there's any heavy weaponry I can put to use against the other guard towers.
there are machine guns at the windows. I mentioned that in a previous turn. (2) you climb up to your fet and lean against the wall next to one, looking out the window, staring at the south guard tower. Man, that nausea is really holding you back. Well, next round you'll get a +1 to snapping out of it.

Platoon 4 Death Rolls
(4)(4)(6)(6)(1)
wow. Dug is killed when the guard tower is brought down by artillery. A moment of silence falls on the battlefield.

Instructions for next round
Newcomers will arrive at the edge of the clearing closest to their platoons: 1 to northeast, 3 to east, 4 to southeast.

You guys are all over the place.

Ziggurat:
Floor 5:
Floor 4:
Floor 3:KHH008, Oce006 (+2 grunts), 2 of 4 hallways are in flames.
Floor 2:Zii009, HC006 (+2 grunts)
Floor 1:clear
Guard tower: Dug
Floor -1 Yo009, Hat010
Outside:Everyone else, I think

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 12, 2017, 05:44:29 pm »

Same.  I have no clue how I'm still alive

Tackle noise, beat noise to death with Heavy hand.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:07:42 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 12, 2017, 05:58:27 pm »

Holy shit, that felt great!

Do my best to kill The Other GuysTM. In particular, focus fire on anyone I see trying to take a shot at Sn005.
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 12, 2017, 08:05:10 pm »

Enter the building and use my shotgun to make sure the first room is clear of any Other GuysTM.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 12, 2017, 08:19:38 pm »

Go up the stairs. Ever onward.

Retrieve instrument from pack and recite a wailing, screeching song of mourning for Dug.

Shoot the dudes.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 12, 2017, 11:33:15 pm »

Dual Wield those mother truckers. Fire into the Otherguys. Scream like Sly Marbo. Wade in the Blood of my Foes.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 13, 2017, 12:00:21 am »

Platoon 1
Designation: KH009 Snake?
Unit type: Cavalry
Health: fine
Inventory: Carbine, grenade,gum, Sword ,Saddlebags
Character points: Hates bugs, first aid, Mutilate corpse, Mount THIS

Enter the battle field riding west and throw a grenade at the auto gun as I ride past If I dont reach it shoot at any Other guystm I see

(I wander what sort of mount I will get )
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:07:42 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 13, 2017, 01:47:16 am »

Jump forwards destroying their barricade with my momentum.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 13, 2017, 02:19:55 am »

Spray my carbine at the animals surrounding our badass in the hallway. Charge forward.
Spoiler: Grunt_01 (click to show/hide)
Run screaming towards the barricade. Advance at all costs.
Spoiler: Grunt_02 (click to show/hide)
Run slightly less enthusiastically at the barricade, shooting things when the opportunity presents itself.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 13, 2017, 12:55:28 pm »

Continue climbing.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 14, 2017, 04:35:37 pm »

AAAAAAAAH!
Empty an entire clip into whatever that thing is. I'm not waiting long enough to find out.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 18, 2017, 07:22:20 pm »

This post is going to be a mess. I delayed too long and started a new, exhausting job today.
So What I'm gonna do is post each action in the order it was posted, and roll your death rolls individually.
If I don't do it this way, the turn may not happen this week.

Battle 3 Round 14

Same.  I have no clue how I'm still alive

Tackle noise, beat noise to death with Heavy hand.
(4) you leap! The noise leaps! It's monstrous. Some kind of chimera or steroidal behemoth of an animal. You get a brief glimpse in the light trickling in from above before you collide, your massive arms wrapped around it's burly chest. It gnashes at you and you roar at it, (6) And you have it in a good position fro mwhich it cannot bite you. You live! you squeeze, and you hear bones crack. The tenor of the thing's snarls changes.

Holy shit, that felt great!

Do my best to kill The Other GuysTM. In particular, focus fire on anyone I see trying to take a shot at Sn005.

(4) You continue your barrage as Sn005 climbs. what a team! (6) The chaos on the battlefield overlooks you for the moment. Death comes to us all, but not this round. Not this round.

Enter the building and use my shotgun to make sure the first room is clear of any Other GuysTM.
(2) you run about halfway along the ziggurat's north face bofore you realize you went the wrong way and turn around, running back to your start point. Ah, there  the entrance is, on the east side! (6) you fail to die so hard that you find an item! What item did you find? (if you choose something absurd, I'll either nerf it to reasonable, or give it to you.)

Go up the stairs. Ever onward.

Retrieve instrument from pack and recite a wailing, screeching song of mourning for Dug.

Shoot the dudes.
(3) gotta finish these two guys off before heading upstairs (4) grunt 1 screeches in the face of the Other GuyTM, and clobbers him with the butt of his laser "For our fallen! For the empire!" (3) Grunt 2 manages to shoot at the Other GuyTM, just enough to keep them from getting hold of their weapons.
(5)(6)(2) your opponents surrender, casting their weapons at your feet and raising their hands, wide eyed!Grunt 2 is bounced against a wall just before hand, receiving a [concussion] 1 in 6 chance of passing out each round.

Dual Wield those mother truckers. Fire into the Otherguys. Scream like Sly Marbo. Wade in the Blood of my Foes.
(1)(2) you manage to shoot yourself in the foot! You are maimed in the leg!

Platoon 1
Designation: KH009 Snake?
Unit type: Cavalry
Health: fine
Inventory: Carbine, grenade,gum, Sword ,Saddlebags
Character points: Hates bugs, first aid, Mutilate corpse, Mount THIS

Enter the battle field riding west and throw a grenade at the auto gun as I ride past If I dont reach it shoot at any Other guystm I see

(I wander what sort of mount I will get )
what sort of mount? let's find out! (1) ... you ride on the back of a fellow grunt.
(6) your grunt proves hardy, and you ride tight up to the autogun, putting it out of your misery
(1) the resultant explosion puts you out of your misery as well. the powers that be are proud of your innovation and grant a +1 to the "what kind of mount do I get?" roll next round. Plus, you'll be on incarnation 10, so that grants you an unlock! you can upgrade your class, your rank, your mount, or an item!

Jump forwards destroying their barricade with my momentum.
(6)(6)You jump forward, destroying the barricade, the faces of the various Other GuysTM, your helmet and gun, and the door behind the barricade.Which happens to be a supply closet of some sort, you discover, as you fly face first into a shelf full of linens.

Spray my carbine at the animals surrounding our badass in the hallway. Charge forward.
Spoiler: Grunt_01 (click to show/hide)
Run screaming towards the barricade. Advance at all costs.
Spoiler: Grunt_02 (click to show/hide)
Run slightly less enthusiastically at the barricade, shooting things when the opportunity presents itself.
You all run screaming in the wake of the kickjumping calamity. he doesn't leave you much to destroy, but you take the corner and fire down the next hall. it's empty. And on flames. You shrug and take the stairs to floor 4! time to roll. (2)(1)(6) You miss, Grunt 1's weapon jams, and grunt 2 fires at the Other GuyTM through a water cooler, which explodes into a steamy mist, filling the room ahead with fog. At least the scream and oh so distinct sound of a body hitting the floor let's you know he got one!

Continue climbing.
(6)(5) you reach the top of the tower, fire a long stream of laser into the room, and clear the place, completely unmolested! You have taken a guard tower!
I mean, sure some of the other Grunts helped ...

AAAAAAAAH!
Empty an entire clip into whatever that thing is. I'm not waiting long enough to find out.
(2) (3) You fire at shadows, and swivel just in time to keep whatever it is from biting your neck in half. it clamps down on your arm instead. You get a serious wound and are [clamped]

let's see. Floor -1 is contested, between some Grunts and some monstrosities
Floor 1 is clear
Outside is mostly clear
Floor 2 is ... mostly clear, I think
Floor 3 is clear, and in it's natural and proper state: in flames
Floor 4 is contested
floor 5 is in enemy hands

instructions: One more push above should clear the ziggurat proper, but the underground could use some mopping up. or at least rescue your teammates.
new guys will spawn inside the ziggurat on floor 3 if going up, 1 if going into the experimental creature cages down below.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 18, 2017, 08:24:55 pm »

(Cavalry are traditionally elite forces so I'll buff my class)

respawn and do clean up outside running down any Other Guystm that are still alive
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 70