Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132606 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #945 on: January 07, 2017, 12:53:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright then, put on the tattered clothing of a the other guy and feign a limp towards the next guard tower.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: January 07, 2017, 02:13:41 pm »

Keep firing.

((doesn't a second serious wound get upgraded to a maiming or something? If it does, I'll lose an arm.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: January 08, 2017, 10:35:44 pm »

((When is the next update? No pressure, I'm just curious.))
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: January 08, 2017, 10:44:12 pm »

Ozark updates every 2-3 days I believe
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: January 09, 2017, 03:27:44 pm »

Ozark updates every 2-3 days I believe
Occasionally a little longer ,if I get a little burnt out form games and such, or exhausted from work, or caught up in RL, but 2-3 days is the schedule I try to stick with.

Battle 3: Round 12

These maps are start of round. I'll post them at the bottom with end of round info.
Spoiler: same map with tt tags (click to show/hide)

Platoon 1

Respawn as berserker. Leave pants behind, carry an axe and a pistol.
you can remove teh CP, as it was spent in unlocking this class. trade out your tunic for one layer of armor, and your mushrooms for ,,, nah, leave the shrooms, They fine. so you are a melee berserker then. mkay. Your berserk bonbuses will be to Charge, Swing Battle Axe, Smash, and Engage Multiple Enemies (melee). think of any other actions that would be suitable here?

Well that was a nice break to watch the destruction time to get back to adding the fire

Cook the guards at the entrance then enter

(3) you leap down, prime your flamethrower, and limp forward. the guards see you and dive over the ledge just before your flames reach them. Well, at least they are out of the way. You enter a room that looks like a guardshack - cots, playing cars on a fold out table, couple of folding chairs and some milk crates, a couple of nudie posters. the room is unoccupied.

Crawl forward while firing intermittently at the enemy
(6) you kill a guy, but you get stuck in some mud that went a little softer and deeper than you expected.

Stop drop and roll towards some water.
(1) Zr008 is dead. A crispy corpse on the field of battle.

Spoiler: Re002 (click to show/hide)

Are you fucking serious? What the hell is toner used for in a gun? What even is toner? Damnit!

Duck and search for cover as I mess with my goddamn gun.

(4) you get low, and gain a +1 against death rolls for this round. Unfortunately, that coutneroffensive means you will be getting 2 death rolls this round. Oh, your weapon will be ready next round.

Platoon 1 Death Rolls
(6)(5)(1)(2)(1) Oh my.
In addition to Zr008, Sn004 and Re002 are both gunned down this round and die. Your platoon is bleeding fast guys.

Platoon 3

Pull gun and shot the guy above the stairs
(6) You shoot the guy dead. two more take his place. "Fucking Hydra" you mutter, then pause. "The fuck is a hide rah?" you ponder.

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
Hey wait... I'm a Corporal right? Let's get some of that sweet lower grunt action going over here. Have them kill the guy shooting at us on the stairs while I pile up the dead grunts and backpacks as makeshift sandbag walls around the entrance. We ought to build a forward command base for our strike into the ziggurat. Call a medic if I have time. 
(3) you call out to a couple of grunts, and they start running over to the entrance. You gain 2 Generic Grunts as squadmates. (2) you find no barricade material. tough luck.

Keep firing.

((doesn't a second serious wound get upgraded to a maiming or something? If it does, I'll lose an arm.))
((yes it does. go ahead and lose that arm.))
(4) you wound a guy. the path to the front doors is pretty clear at this point. Time to get in there, yo.

Platoon 3 Death Rolls.
(2)(4)(2)Zii009 takes fire and loses his armor, Hat 009 takes fire and is maimed again, which causes him to die of his wounds
Hat, you can respawn as a higher level class now, since this is #10. What would you like to be?

Platoon 4

"Tacticool as fuck. Now that's what I'm talkin' about, buys.
Forward, men. I'll cover you."

Use sweet-ass Pointman powers to get a feel for the layout. Provide suppressing fire so my grunts can move up.

Quote from: Grunt 1
Spoiler: OGnt001 (click to show/hide)

Try to not die. Move forward.
Quote from: Grunt 2
Spoiler: OGnt002 (click to show/hide)

Chew Resin. Shoot the Other Guys™.
Wow. You made up character sheets for them and everything.
(2) looks like you are in a room, with a hallway running to the sides and people shooting at you. Fuck.
(6) you lean out real quick and shoot. You kill a guy, but you become a target instantly and two attacks come your way. This counts as your death roll: (5)(6) Heh. looking good.
(3)(6) your two grunts run ahead after the Other GuysTM take cover, one provides suppressing fire and the other dashes around the corner and kills another guy! two down, two to go.

Swing gun at noise.
(2) you swing and miss. You make one full rotation, following the mass, and stand, facing whatever it is.

Alright then, put on the tattered clothing of a the other guy and feign a limp towards the next guard tower.
(1) No luck. You sit in that tower and try to stop the world from turning upside down. (4) a thought occurs: how will your fellow grunts know not to shoot at you, dressed as an enemy?

Platoon 4 Death Rolls
(6)(2)(4) Oce's Grunt 2 is maimed in the ensuing melee.

Instructions for next round
Newcomers will arrive at the edge of the clearing closest to their platoons: 1 to northeast, 3 to east, 4 to southeast.

You guys are all over the place.

Ziggurat:
Floor 5:
Floor 4:
Floor 3:KHH008, Oce006 (+2 grunts),
Floor 2:
Floor 1:Zii009, HC006 (+2 grunts)
Guard tower: Dug
Floor -1 Yo009
Outside:Everyone else, I think

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: January 09, 2017, 05:25:42 pm »

jump in  diagonal past them spinning at last moment  and shooting  them in their backs
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Rethi-Eli

• Bay Watcher
  • I came for the LNP, I stayed for the RTDs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 09, 2017, 05:34:04 pm »

Spoiler: Re003 (click to show/hide)

Jesus Christ, this is a bloodbath. I wonder how many men just like me died out here in this clusterfuck...

Retry suppressing fire. Again.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:40:33 am by Rethi-Eli »
In the end, the winner is the one with the most snake venom.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 09, 2017, 05:38:48 pm »

Spoiler: HC006 (click to show/hide)
You know what? Forward bases are overrated. Push up the stairs behind my two grunt meatshields. Fill the hallway with pew pews from my Electrolaser carbine.((I guess my two serious wounds materialise as a maiming in the left arm. Good thing a carbine is light enough to shoot with one arm... right... ?))
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 09, 2017, 08:43:52 pm »

Do I get something for reaching my 5th incarnation?

Respawn with my platoon, run to the objective (I swear I've died at least three times trying to get there)
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 09, 2017, 10:04:20 pm »

Enemy is not close enough to hit, throw gun at noise instead.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 09, 2017, 10:06:24 pm »

"Go on! Make the Other Guys™ die for what they believe in!"

Yell inspiring things at my grunts, buffing them.

Quote from: Grunt 1
Spoiler: OGnt001 (click to show/hide)

Go full ham
Quote from: Grunt 2
Spoiler: OGnt002 (click to show/hide)

Scream. Chew resin some more.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 10, 2017, 09:22:00 am »

you can remove teh CP, as it was spent in unlocking this class. trade out your tunic for one layer of armor, and your mushrooms for ,,, nah, leave the shrooms, They fine. so you are a melee berserker then. mkay. Your berserk bonbuses will be to Charge, Swing Battle Axe, Smash, and Engage Multiple Enemies (melee). think of any other actions that would be suitable here?

And YAPWS. BARBARIC YAWPS!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 10, 2017, 09:25:55 am »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)

Sbdandon the plan of subterfuge and instead see if there's any heavy weaponry I can put to use against the other guard towers.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 10, 2017, 09:49:36 am »

Keep going into the temple burning anything that gets in my way. If the fire would get in my way use the sword
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 10, 2017, 02:23:28 pm »

Run to catch up with the guys in the ziggurat.
((Which classes are the higher-level ones?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 70