Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132960 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #750 on: November 20, 2016, 08:55:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Head to Brick 4 grumbling about still being a private despite being so cool. Look for gum stuck to walls or under seats (if present).
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 20, 2016, 10:23:36 pm »

(For the Pyro and exterminator classes differences  we could change the exterminator to have gas grenades and a gas mask rather then having a flamethrower it would fit and have the classes be different in more then name. Just an idea)

Get into brick one giving AIG001 a high five for luck and glory then curl into a ball after being strapped in. I want to live long enough to get glory damnit
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:09:12 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 20, 2016, 10:55:15 pm »

Climb into the glory brick. Brick ONE of course.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 20, 2016, 11:14:58 pm »

Pork002 Drops in, and heads towards where the combat is!

Look at where my previous clone died. Look for any sonic-based devices. Or perhaps microwave.

Climb into Brick 3. FOR GLORY!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:15:40 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 21, 2016, 12:24:52 am »

Climb into Brick 1. Strap in. And put my head between my knees.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 21, 2016, 01:09:48 pm »

Enter Brick 3, sit as far away as possible from the serum guy.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 21, 2016, 01:46:44 pm »

Ride brick 1, attempt to refrain from death.

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 21, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH004, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Go to Brick 3, with the experimental serum in my veins.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 21, 2016, 10:04:27 pm »

Spoiler: HC005 (click to show/hide)

((What class did my bug buster patch unlock btw?))

Climb into brick 3. Secure any harnesses or safety belts/mechanisms. Lock my robot arm into position holding the side of my seat.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 22, 2016, 07:00:09 pm »

Battle 3: Hot Drop
Check the bottom of the post for all the action.

Brick 1

Brick 1 sir! Sit my ass down and do as I'm told.

Climb into the glory brick. Brick ONE of course.

Climb into Brick 1. Strap in. And put my head between my knees.
Head between knees eh? well, if the brick gets hit but doesn't simply explode, you'll get a +1 to Not Dying.

Ride brick 1, attempt to refrain from death.
Alright. Yo ucower in your seat, ducking everytime one of your fellow grunts swivels his gun by your head. "point that somewhere else! No not there, not there either. No, dang it, just stop pointing it at all."

Brick 3

Inject the experimental serum, someone is going to blow up the brick and you want to know what is does before dying.

I want to be in Brick 3.
Okay, let's see what the serum does to you. (1) well, shit. You begin instantly to froth at the mouth and convulse, banging your head on the bulkhead in a staccato rhythm

Climb into Brick 3. FOR GLORY!
For the Empire!

Enter Brick 3, sit as far away as possible from the serum guy.
"There are two of them. Oh god, there are two of them. Which way do I gowhichwaydoIgoWHICHWAYDOIGO!!" You scream, turning around in little circles seeing the two of them injecting their serums. You create a bit of a hazard in your panic, and the other grunts are getting annoyed.

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH004, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Go to Brick 3, with the experimental serum in my veins.
(2) You get light headed and woozy, and wobble your way into the Brick. a guy sees yo uand starts panicing while another guy, needle in hand, starts frothing at the mouth and twitching.

Spoiler: HC005 (click to show/hide)

((What class did my bug buster patch unlock btw?))

Climb into brick 3. Secure any harnesses or safety belts/mechanisms. Lock my robot arm into position holding the side of my seat.
((it hasn't yet, but I'll think about it. Maybe flak gunner or something, later on. Or something for the next bug hunt.)) Securing yourself properly? Holy smokes. You get a nice little +1 against death from Brick related problems. now, on teh ground, if the enemy is shooting at you, that's a different story.

Brick 4
Brick 4, please.

MidnightJaguar and Chiefwaffles, this means you. You're going on Brick 4 too.

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)
Clamber into brick 4 after Oce006

Head to Brick 4 grumbling about still being a private despite being so cool. Look for gum stuck to walls or under seats (if present).
Hah! You grunts are super stingy with your chewing resin. not gonna find that precious commodity so easily. Nice try though.

Head to Brick 4

(Is there a list of what each class have for items?  Also, how do you get chosen for firing squad leader?)
((You also didn't list Brick 2.))
(((Unless you did that on purpose in which case, forget about this line and the line before it)))
((there isn't a list. I am too lazy. this game was designed on a whim, and a shoestring budget. Firing Squd leader is just a thing corporals do, so feel free to snag some privates. Just try not to be too handsy about it, eh?))

Down here is where the Main action is happening this round

So, everyone gets in, gets into varying degrees of settled, safety harnessed, and injected with mind and body altering drugs, and you're off! The doors seal, roll is called, the countdown is made, though you can't hear it. No, countdowns are for pilots. You are cargo. Before that thought makes you irritable, your world lurches suddenly, forcefully, and nauseatingly. And then, all is still again. for two whole minutes, all is still. and then the sound startsw. a low hum, which builds into a whining roar as each of your Bricks begins to rattle and shake with steadily increasing force. You can't even hold the vomit bags steady enough to your face to keep it from going everywhere. Good thing you were ordered not to eat this morning. Too bad for those of you who didn't listen. and your seatmates. And then the lighting goes red in your compartments. Looks like you are entering the hot zone.

(5)(5)(3) Bricks one and three are through without harm, and both land with a jarring thud. brick four takes a hit and is knocked about in the sky. Let's see what happens to the cargo
(2)(5)(2)(2) Well, Dug has been through worse. He doesn't even wake up. 'K,' being all cyborg and all, grips tight to his attachment and takes a few minor dings and scratches. an alarm goes off somewhere on his HUD. It's a yellow on a minor system, so no big deal. Mark it as "minor wound x2" or "minor damage x2"

The corporals each take a serious wound from things in the compartment breakign free and hitting them, or from being thrown about themselves. Note the location of your serious wound, OCE006 and Yo008.

And with that, Brick four is down as well, half on it's side, full of smoke and noise, the sound of water leaking in somewhere.

Reminder
I will be out of town starting tomorrow, until Sunday.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 22, 2016, 07:08:35 pm »

You forgot meeeee!...
Platoon?
Unit number: MG002
Remind the officer about the mysterious serum that I signed up for, and that I need a gun.
Ask which is my platoon.

Gum is love. Gum is happiness. Need... more... Gum...

Head for Brick One and sit on my helmet.

What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 22, 2016, 07:17:57 pm »

(For the Pyro and exterminator classes differences  we could change the exterminator to have gas grenades and a gas mask rather then having a flamethrower it would fit and have the classes be different in more then name. Just an idea)

Get into brick one giving AIG001 a high five for luck and glory then curl into a ball after being strapped in. I want to live long enough to get glory damnit
And me
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 22, 2016, 07:25:32 pm »

"Hmm. That's not good."

Toss CW my unused chewing resin. Stuff will kill you, ya know.
And in the breach I go. Activate Pointman mode.
And by activate pointman mode I mean provide goddamn firing coordinates with my fancy magic sensors.

Receive gum and store for later devious plans, then find a good hole in the brick with some cover facing The Other Guys, deploy lasers, then begin SUPPRESSIVE FIRE X2 to help other people stay alive a couple seconds longer.
"GIVE ME GOD-DAMNED FIRING COORDINATES!"
Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)
Yawn, that was a nice nap. How was everyone else's ride?
wake up dust myself off and see where the waters pouring in. Go swimming and see if I can pop someplace the enemy would least expect.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:43:40 pm by Egan_BW »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 22, 2016, 08:29:10 pm »

Receive gum and store for later devious plans, then find a good hole in the brick with some cover facing The Other Guys, deploy lasers, then begin SUPPRESSIVE FIRE X2 to help other people stay alive a couple seconds longer.
"GIVE ME GOD-DAMNED FIRING COORDINATES!"
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 01:59:35 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 22, 2016, 08:33:18 pm »

"We literally just got here, Private. Nobody has coordinates."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 70