Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132949 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #735 on: November 18, 2016, 09:19:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Right. Squad is now CW004k and Jag005k, for maximum cyborg fun. Provided that Jag promises to not have his limbs fall off anymore.

Also use my super impressive rank and volatile bloodline to intimidate the quartermasters into giving me some binoculars.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 11:44:50 pm by Egan_BW »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 18, 2016, 10:32:01 pm »

Platoon: TBA
Unit number: MG002
Remind the officer about the mysterious serum that I signed up for, and that I need a gun.

Gum is love. Gum is happiness. Need... more... Gum...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 06:20:47 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 18, 2016, 11:06:34 pm »

If you're going to commandeer me, I'm going to require some spotting and you have to be okay with my crazy plans™.
Go to the bunks, find a sleeping grunt, wake them up, tell them they're my new spotter, and bring them with me to the mission. Do general preparation-things for arrival.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 19, 2016, 12:11:59 am »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)
Hey, I have a name now you know, I'm Dug.
Agree to be a part of the squad.

((let's get this party started. If I get buried alive a third time can I upgrade my class to Moleman? :P ))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Cahillguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 19, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH004, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Remind the officer about the mysterious serum that I signed up for.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 19, 2016, 06:38:02 pm »

((Wait, I'm confused. Why haven't I shot the things?))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 19, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »

I see several posts that seem to think they are still on the ground, moppng up after the victory. Let me disabuse you of that, since I think it must not have been clear when I pulled oyu all home after the Command Room surrendered:

Y'all are currently on a Spacecraft Carrier, screaming through the interstellar void at speeds your grunt minds were specifically designed not to understand. You are surrounded by fellow (living) grunts, various veterans, and some NCOs. You've been addressed once by an officer, who promptly left and went into that mysterious other realm known only in whispers as 'officer country.' You've seen a few of those scum of the star ways - the Navy Pukes. But you don't talk to them and they don't talk to you. Except on Dance Night, naturally. Then, everyone is friends. And also Spacemass and SpacEaster. A holiday is a holiday, after all.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 20, 2016, 07:08:39 pm »

((Wait, I'm confused. Why haven't I shot the things?))
It's ben about five turns since the mission ended. I swept you all up and sent you home. Might want to go back and read a couple of my posts, especially the text at the bottom. I organize my Grunts turns thus:
Title

various character actions //find your action here

various character deaths //find your death, dismemberment, or injury here

repeat the above two as needed

status of the mission  //what is clear, where the enemy are, who is doing what goes here.

list of instructions for the next round //this is the part you should check out every turn. it will tell you important things like 'hey, we done here. stop shooting.

Mission start incoming!! It'll be a hot drop y'all. Pleaase wait for the post before replying.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 20, 2016, 07:22:01 pm »

Battle 3: Prologue

You've done sand, badlands, and canyons. And now you'll do swamps. Not that that means anything to you guys - you've never seen a swamp in your life. You've heard stories though, and sat through the mandatory briefings. As if you'd ever listen to that boring crap.

All you really know is that your target is some installation, half submerged, deep in the wet, hot regions of this planet's subtropical zone.
It's a science installation, or so they say. Speculation is that that's not all it is, but you lost interest when they said 'science.' What do the eggheads know anyway?

You file forward, each lining up for your appropriate Brick. these things are terrifying, because it means you'll be dropped under fire. You'll be dropped in three Bricks per wave - other units will be dropped in other bricks, but that's not your business.

firing squad leaders! PM me so I know who you are and who is in your squad again. What I want from you during this mission is to quote your squadmates' actions, so I have the three of you together in one place.

Everyone!
Select a Brick: Brick 1, Brick 3, or Brick 4. If you are in a firing squad, you will go in the same Brick as your squad leader. Do try to stick together with your squad, mkay?
Post your Brick, and your "try not to die" action.

I'll assign platoons on the drop. You are currently unassigned to a platoon. I may have yo uin one platoon, or as many as three.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: November 20, 2016, 07:31:01 pm »

Brick 4, please.

MidnightJaguar and Chiefwaffles, this means you. You're going on Brick 4 too.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:42:07 pm by Egan_BW »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 20, 2016, 07:40:41 pm »

Brick 1 sir! Sit my ass down and do as I'm told.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 20, 2016, 07:45:18 pm »

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)
Clamber into brick 4 after Oce006
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:48:01 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 20, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »

Inject the experimental serum, someone is going to blow up the brick and you want to know what is does before dying.

I want to be in Brick 3.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 20, 2016, 07:51:03 pm »

Head to Brick 4

(Is there a list of what each class have for items?  Also, how do you get chosen for firing squad leader?)
((You also didn't list Brick 2.))
(((Unless you did that on purpose in which case, forget about this line and the line before it)))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 09:00:01 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 20, 2016, 08:47:29 pm »

Platoon?
Unit number: MG002
Remind the officer about the mysterious serum that I signed up for, and that I need a gun.
Ask which is my platoon.

Gum is love. Gum is happiness. Need... more... Gum...

Head for Brick One and sit on my helmet.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:51:40 pm by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 70