Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Blatant Kirby References  (Read 13991 times)

Bacos666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Hostage Situation?
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2016, 07:33:50 am »

I am amused by the premise for the protagonist, so I'll PTW.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Yikes
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2016, 10:18:38 pm »

Part Va: Striaton Gym (Part 1)

Okay. Got some training done, ready as I'm going to be. Fennel's still unavailable, and the old man blocking Route 3 apparently doesn't have a day job (or a place to live) because he's always there. That just leaves the gym challenge.

OI! GREEN-HAIRED BASTARD, WHERE ARE Y--

Oh! Um, hello.
He gave me a bottle of water. Now I feel bad for yelling :<

So this is...a cafe? Restaurant?

You need to step on the switch that's effective against the type on the curtain. Luckily I haven't forgotten everything about pokemon.
Now, how does a girl get some service around here...

Ah, hello! I'd like a coffee to start, and a wheat bag--

I should have seen that coming :<

._.

O_O
NO!

oh
oh jeez
that

that was too close

The waiter scowled at me. "What are you talking about, girl? The only thing 'close' about that battle was that your bagon managed to thaw out before my swinub tackled her to death. I could easily have ordered swinub to use his ice attacks again to finish it off quickly, but I felt sorry for you. You're just another brat that doesn't take the lives of your pokemon seriously. You aren't cut out to be a trainer. You should just go home."

Why you--! I oughta---! >:(

I-- :(

:-\

:'(

i'll be back later

That....that was way too close. Swinub's very first Powder Snow caused a freeze, and apparently Swinub have Arena Trap (blocks switching out non-flying pokemon) or an ability similar to it. Thank Arceus that the AI either glitched or took pity on me, because it used Mud Sport, followed by Tackle, followed by Vol thawing on her own and finishing the battle.

Short update, but I think this is a good stopping point while I finish my work week and Blanc takes some time to recover from her close call. Let's shoot for a finished gym by Sunday.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 12:16:25 am »

Pretty cool update, if a little short. Do like how instead of a number, this Part was Va, French for Go. So unless it's from another language, that's pretty cool.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 04:41:50 am »

Yes, that was totally intentional.

>.>

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 11:16:45 am »

Hooray, our naming conventions are affecting meta story decisions!

Ouch, that was a rough battle. Glad we avoided a death there. I've found sometimes the AI chooses moves at random rather than by tactical reasoning, though it having mercy on Blanc is certainly a good story choice.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »

Ouch.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Trio Badge Get!
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2016, 10:41:13 pm »

Part Vb: Striaton Gym (Part 2)

Okay.
Had a good cry. A good night's sleep.

That waiter was an ass...but he was right about some things. I haven't been taking this gym challenge seriously at all. I was just trying to kill time and I nearly got Vol killed instead because of it.

So, it's game face time. If the waiter is anything to go by this gym specializes in Ice-types. That means Vol and Gressins are out, while Crevette and Meutre are in. Horrible monsters they may be, but they are my horrible monsters and I'm not going to get them killed if I can avoid it.

Round Two, let's do this!

Do you serve trainers...or serve trainers? :l

Ewww. The health inspector would stroke out if he saw that :x
On the bright side, I guess this is confirmed for an ice gym.

I ain't eating anything you had a hand in until you put on a pair of gloves :x

There you are! About time.

...where did you come from?

wizards ._.

Green-hair finished the presentation. "And my name is Cilan. I like Grass-Type pokemon." They did some sort of pose that I swear I saw in an anime of some kind. "Anyway. The reason you see three of us is because..."

Chili continued the sentence: "...we decide which of us you will battle! Based on the type of the first Pokemon you chose!"

But...I thought this was an ice gym?
I'm so lost right now .-.

Cress moved on ahead. "Indeed. And it seems that the first pokemon you chose was a fire-type, which means..."

Another complicated (if rough) dance routine later, and Cress stood facing me alone. "I shall challenge you...with my bug type pokemon!"

Waitwhat

I don't think this is an ice type...and aren't bugs weak against fire? Not that I'll complain about an easier battle but...
Well, whatever. Crevette, take it down.

o_o

((Shedinja is a bug with a gimick. That gimick is: only 1 HP ever, but unless an attack deals super-effective damage it will never hit it.
Apparently the randomizer doesn't randomize Shedinja's ability. Either that or sheer coincidence allowed it to keep Wonder Guard. Probably the former, otherwise Shedinja would be utterly useless rather than situationally useful.))

((Aaaaaaand this is where Shedinja's gimick bites it on its floating butt.))

Well...good work anyway, Crevette.

Cress posed some more. "Interesting strategy. But I don't think it will work against Sewaddle!"

Maybe he's right. Well, since Cress doesn't seem interested in ice types after all, I bet Gressins can handle this "sewaddle".

This is probably the second-strongest pokemon I've ever seen D:

Gressins created a powerful wind with his wings, blowing the bug against the far wall. For a second I thought that the battle had ended, but it came straight back to tackle the bird.

Can...can you handle this, Gressins?

Did I...?

I did

i beat a gym

Cilan was giving a speech about League regulations and some sort of TM, but I wasn't paying any attention at all.
finally my first gym badge

As I left the gym, the waiter from yesterday caught my eye, and gave me a nod of approval. I smiled a bit and nodded my thanks. Ass or not, he managed to get me to pay more attention to what I'm doing and I'm grateful for it.

I was still lost in a sort of daze as I left the gym. Immediately, a dark-haired woman spotted me and came over.

"There you are! I'm Fennel, and I've been looking all over for you for the past ten minutes. I thought Juni said you'd show up a few days ago."

...are you really going to do this to me? :X

"Anyway, Juni asked me to give you something. Follow me!"

She led me straight back to her lab. The lab that she's been shut inside for the past few days :X

Probably...not :/

I don't think she even heard my reply because she just changed gears and ushered me up the stairs. I think she's a bit loopy.
There was a huge machine upstairs connected to a computer, and as Fennel fiddled with it she introduced herself again. I think she had forgotten I was there. She explained that she was a research scientist, and...

...I'm not sure I like where this is going. Apparently Fennel and Juniper were friends in college, and Juniper asked Fennel to help Cheren, Bianca, and myself out with something. Probably with the Pokedex.

Huh. Cool. Apparently it's like a TM, but it can be used outside of battles to cut down small trees...and apparently pokemon can't forget them? That doesn't seem super useful.

Fennel then asked me for a favor, since I'm running around doing Juniper's dirty work (not by choice): she wanted me to visit the Dreamyard (again) and gather some sort of "dream mist" secreted by pokemon that live there. Then she began to babble something about "Game Sync" and "save files" and I excused myself as quickly as I could.

I finally got Professor Juniper's assignment out of the way, and beat the local gym. Guess I can move on tomorrow.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2016, 11:15:11 pm »

It'd take some extra effort, but you might want to consider cropping the bottom screen out of screenshots in which it isn't relevant (i.e. nearly all of them).

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2016, 11:28:00 pm »

I've considered it. It's just such a pain and I can't figure out how to get the emulator to cap only a single screen ._.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2016, 11:56:34 pm »

This update was pretty good, and we got a Badge! I think I've figured out Trainer randomization, at least with this game. The randomizer gives the Gym Leader a type, and only randomizes Pokemon of that type. And if I'm wrong...well, then I'm wrong.

I also don't mind the bottom screen. Yeah, it doesn't really serve a purpose in the world, but it's not terrible. Just a bit...distracting, I guess? It's your call.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2016, 12:00:59 am »

Later on, I believe we get a device that takes up the bottom screen and can be used for various functions (like seeing your Pokemon's affection or a quick look at their status). So it won't be useless empty space forever...

Tell ya what. If you want me to cut the bottom half off until we get that device, I'll do that. It'll slow down updates somewhat since each image will have to be cropped by hand and one at a time, but I think that will only last until the next town or so. Or I can leave the blank space for now and keep things moving at something of a decent clip.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2016, 12:04:48 am »

I motion for leaving as is. It doesn't bother me and it means less work for you.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2016, 03:03:06 am »

Like I said, I'm fine with it. Keep it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2016, 06:51:50 am »

Leave the pink blob the way it is. I like to think of it as a mood ring, with her mood being "Panicky Pink" right now.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2016, 10:26:39 am »

I motion for leaving as is. It doesn't bother me and it means less work for you.
+1
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7