Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Blatant Kirby References  (Read 13988 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Trio Badge Get!
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2016, 10:39:13 am »

Yeah, if there's no way to mass-crop, it's definitely not worth the time.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2016, 02:07:57 pm »

No way that I know of. I think this might be the last update with the pink squares, but it's been a long time since I played 5th gen and I'm not sure :/

Part VI: Nightmares in Dreamyards

I actually slept pretty good last night! First time since leaving home, to tell the truth. I can't tell if I'm starting to get used to this or if I'm just in a good mood from earning a badge.

Anyway, now that I have a badge from Striaton Gym I oughta be able to get to Route 3. I'll flash it at the old man guarding the place, maybe give him the old one-finger salute as I pass...

"Hey young miss! Fennel was looking for you a little while ago! You shouldn't keep her waiting!"

Been there, done that :x

wha...wha...WHATDAFU--

At this point I'm wondering if Fennel and Juniper are secretly running this whole city, and that old man is their enforcer. Fennel just keeps babbling about Dream Mist, so if I want to make her happy (and therefore leave) I need to go get her some.
Using a 16-year-old to fuel your drug habit, what the hell?

Do your knify-thing, Crevette.

*gulp* G-good job. little horror movie monster ._.

Bianca showed up just after the tree was reduced to kindling, eager to help out. Apparently the old man won't let her leave either, and to make matters worse her dad is looking for her. She wants to get moving even more than I do.

As far as I can tell the "Dreamyards" used to be some sort of factory. Abandoned machinery is all over the place, along with 55-gallon drums and even the occassional traffic cone. I wonder what this place was used for back in the day, and why it was abandoned.

Our initial exploration was cut short when we both heard a pokemon's cry echoing from further inside the ruined building. It wasn't anything I recognized, and neither did Bianca. "C'mon Blanc, let's go see what it is!"

Is it a ghost? It's creepy .-.

Whatever it was, it said "moooooooon" and floated away. Bianca went after it, forcing me to go after Bianca.

Two people in matching uniforms stepped out of the shadows, cutting off the pokemon's escape. The outfits definitely look like the ones Team Plasma wore! "We finally found you, Munna!" the woman proclaimed. She and her male comrade flanked the pokemon, wearing expressions I didn't much care for. "Come on, make some Dream Mist!"

The man shoved the munna, causing it to look around. It almost looked scared. Bianca certainly was. "Who are you?! What are you doing to that thing?"

The man took a break from pushing the munna around to sneer at us. "We're Team Plasma! We battle day and night to liberate pokemon from foolish humans!"
His female partner answered Bianca's second question. "Munna and Musharna give off a mysterious substance called Dream Mist, which can show people's dreams. We're gonna use that to make humans release their pokemon, using dreams to manipulate their hearts!"

That sounds sinister...

Oh geeze! He kicked it!

"Come on!" the man roared. "Spit out that Dream Mist!"

Bianca was almost in tears. "Stop that! How could you do something like that to a pokemon? Aren't you trainers, too?"

It was the woman's turn to sneer. "That's right. We're trainers too, but we fight for a different reason than most. We're fighting for the freedom of pokemon, unlike you!"

The man chimed in. "And setting pokemon free means that we win pokemon battles and take pokemon by force!"

So you guys are...what, bandits? What the hell is this, Old Orre?

"And on that note...we're gonna "rescue" your pokemon!" The male Plasma goon withdrew a pokeball from a pouch on his belt and hurled it my way! Bianca cried out something along the lines of "don't hurt Blanc!" but she was still fumbling in her over-sized purse for her own pokeballs!

As soon as the lava slug entered the fray, the previously mild spring day became a scorcher. Vol, being cold-blooded, didn't mind at all. She landed a solid bite which the slug yawned at, mockingly. To my surprise, Vol yawned too as her eyelids began to droop! Not good.

((One really nice feature of the 5th-gen sprites is that a pokemon's eyes will close while they sleep (assuming they have eyes in the first place, of course). It's the little touches.))

Vol managed to land a second bite before passing out, and the slug took advantage of the situation to deliver a punishing blow! Not good! Luckily the pain woke her up, and she quickly devoured the slug.

The female goon watched the battle's conclusion incredulously. "Were you going easy on them because they're kids?! Get out of the way idiot, I'll deal with this!" Before I had time to do anything, even recall Vol, she attacked!

Very not good. I think it's time for Meutre to get some exercise.

Like so. Luckily the bear's snow attack didn't freeze her...can ghosts even get frozen?

"Plasmaaaaaa! This is a nightmare! I can't believe we lost..."

The man took advantage of the battle to resume beating up the cowering munna. "Make with the Dream Mist already, you stupid blob!"

Bianca finally managed to produce one of her pokeballs, and brandished it menacingly. "Knock it off!", she yelled. She might have unleashed the pokemon inside, but before she could, there was a flash of light and--

"...What are you two doing?"

Gh-Gh-Ghetsis?

"W̷̝̞̙͕̥e̟͙̩͓̝̩,̫͈ ̭̹͖̰͡ͅͅT̖̻͖͇͈̹̲e͉̼͉͟a̱͈͈͉̱m͖͓͔͓͙ ̰P̩͓͇l̳͓͔a̪͎̺͡s̨̯̤̞̟̝̩̩m̸a͎̪̳ͅ,̞̠̮͕̙ ͇͠ͅṣ̜͎̣̪̩͘ha̩̪l̵͕̜̯͍l͈͈͇̪̟ͅ ̛̺s͈̣e͕͙̞̠͈̺p̘̲̥̭̰̦͜a̮̼̗̤̳̤r͕̦a͜t̷e̱ ̪̠̣̥̻p̼͇̣͍̳̭̣o͔̣̳͝k̤͎͎̺ḛ̡m̷̞͕̺̪͇o͙͈n̙̫͖̤̮̭̙ ̴̙̬f̡̬̠̣̼̪͈̙r̨̭o̟̳͇̲͉͓͢ͅm͙ ̧͙̱̙f̹͇̮o͕̞̺̲͙̥̖͢o͍͎l͈̩i͙̖̩͙͡s͢h͏̞ ̠̮͎̹͈̲̜p͎͖̫é̩̞̮̭̻o̸̬̺̰̮̣̣p͏̩̠̜l͠e̪̪̺̱̭̻!̤͔̺̩̯̜̹͘"

what's going on? :<

The Plasma goons backed away, looking terrified. "T-this isn't Ghetsis when he is gathering followers...or Ghetsis when he is trying to control people by tricking them with speeches..."

"Y-yeah. This is Ghetsis...when a plan has failed and he is about to declare punishment!"

"L-let's get outta here! We can figure out a good way to apologize next time we see him!" The two goons rushed off as Ghetsis vanished in another flash of light.

A second pokemon appeared in place of Ghetsis. It looked like a bigger, more powerful version of the munna, and it trailed some sort of pink gas. It cuddled up to the injured munna, making (what I assume were) comforting noises. Bianca looked as lost as I felt. "What was that just now? I saw an old man appear, and he was all over the place...was that a dream?"

That makes a surprising amount of sense. We're in the Dreamyards, after all...

That was when Fennel quite literally crashed the scene, knocking over some empty barrels in her rush to see what was going on. "That's a Musharna, isn't it?" She was apparently referring to the bigger pink blob, which gazed at Fennel speculatively before ushering the smaller blob away. "So...what just happened?"

Some scientist you are!

Bianca did her best to explain, but I think she was still upset at Team Plasma's actions and the effects of the shared dream we all had, because the story was rather garbled. Fennel somehow followed along, and explained that Musharna was the evolved form of Munna. Basically a parent or guardian to the younger, weaker pokemon that used its powers to make dreams temporarily into reality. She might have been about to explain more, but spotted a pile of residue on the ground left by the munna and got all excited. "I can complete my work with this!", she declared. "You two, come to my lab later!"

Why.

Bianca at least managed to laugh it off. "How random was that? Blanc, you go ahead and go to Fennel's lab. I want to look around for the pokemon we just saw! Maybe it'd want to come with me."

Good luck with that, I want to look around myself for a minute. I already found an Ether and an Ultra Ball, maybe I can get some sort of pokem--

O_____________O

akfgaklfsjgjshpjabpjbfajrunawayrunawayRUNAWAY

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2016, 02:11:41 pm »

randomizers are the best

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2016, 02:18:03 pm »

As awesome as catching it would have been...in my defense, a Zekrom knows Dragon Rage at 1st level. It deals a flat 40 damage, which means it can one-shot everything in Blanc's party regardless of typing or defense. I guess I could have sacrificed some mons to weaken it and hope for the best with the Ultra Ball I found, but that really doesn't suit Blanc's personality at all (and would have kinda rendered the rest of the game a bit meaningless, which is a secondary concern).

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2016, 02:53:28 pm »

I'm just imagining the effect story wise of catching the Legendary this early. I'm for considering it a mulligan and catching the next pokemon you meet in the area, if Blanc is willing to return at all. All in all it was quite unlucky to encounter it now.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2016, 03:01:33 pm »

Nope, sorry. It was the first pokemon encountered in the area, and I failed to catch. By Nuzlocke rules, I'm outta luck.

Actually, according to some nuzlockers I wouldn't even be able to get it. Blanc received Crevette in this area, which could be considered this area's "catch". The rules are a bit vague on the point of "plot pokemon" vs wild ones.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »

If it comes up in the future, I'd rule that the limit relates to the first wild pokemon encountered that is actually catchable (there have been cases where you encounter wild pokemon which you cannot catch because plot, but that are catchable at a later date due to plot) rather than any pokemon that are gifted or traded. Otherwise you may end up in a situation where you catch a pokemon and then are gifted one, leading to you releasing them, possibly right in front of the gifter.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Blatant Kirby References
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2016, 04:08:42 pm »

Makes sense to me. Still, pretty cool update. I also agree with mildmannered, first wild and catchable Pokemon, not gifting or trading. That might be a good system to use, especially in situations like Zekrom just randomly showing up. ...Ah, randomizers.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2016, 10:20:33 am »

So I had hoped to update last night...but a transformer exploded, causing a brownout that wiped all progress since last time along with my write-up >_<

Because the power didn't come back until some time last night, I had no opportunity to get even a partial update out. Sorry folks.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2016, 10:46:51 am »

That sucks. Here's hoping the brownout didn't damage anything else.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2016, 05:36:08 pm »

That's terrible! I hope everything's alright on your end.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2016, 11:29:53 pm »

Is this still going on, because it's been a little under a month?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »

* Sirus flails

Work's been exhausting and I've got a weird case of writer's block about the next segment, but those are lousy excuses for excuses. I'm gonna try to get back to this.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2016, 07:51:58 pm »

Oh, okay! Nice to get an update. Eagerly awaiting the next one, no matter how long it may take.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2016, 12:40:46 am »

Oh, okay! Nice to get an update. Eagerly awaiting the next one, no matter how long it may take.
+1
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7