Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Blatant Kirby References  (Read 13993 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile

Same here. As an Anime fan, you would think that I would think Pokemon always had personalities. Yet, I'm pleasantly surprised. But this thread isn't about me and my experiences, so let's just move on.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is everything alright? It's been 4 days without an update, and more then that for a full update. I don't mean to rush anything, but it's been a while, so I felt like bumping and asking.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I was kinda busy and distracted over the holiday weekend, and now I'm stuck on the road again :/

I got an update started, but it isn't done and I'm not in a position to post it anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. I assumed you were on the road. Well, thanks for telling me. I didn't know, so it's nice to get an update.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am indeed on the road, and disliking it  :P

I'm hoping to finish the update in progress this weekend.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Dammit Youngster Joey
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2016, 04:53:22 pm »

Part III: Child Soldiers

I named him Gressins. He might be a pokemon, but in comparison to Meutre or Vol he's actually a bit cute. Not a loud annoying bird either, which does wonders for my mental state.

A quick overnight stay in Accumula Town later, and everyone's fighting fit. More importantly, Spring has arrived! That's nice. Perfect weather to try and get these little monsters a bit stronger.

More birds on Route 2.

Also a...whatever this is. Looks scary :C

I didn't bring an umbrella with me... :C
Vol's teeth took it down quickly, especially when it fell asleep partway through the battle. Why'd it do that? Pokemon are so strange.

O_O
At long last, something Vol's teeth could barely scratch. Meutre had to deal with it.

Very nice.

((Ah right...item balls and hidden items are randomized as well (except Key Items)!))

B-but I was trying to avoid your eyes :C

Are you even old enough to be a trainer? I thought Unova's laws were a bit stricter about that sort of thing...

This is less than ideal. I swapped to Vol just in case it could use electricity (it couldn't) and she took it down without too much difficulty. The kid wasn't happy, but forked over some money anyway.

Good for you. I don't >:c
you don't look much older than that kid

Don't trees like water though?
(Vol killed it)

Seriously, how did all of you kids get pokemon?

That's not a Lillipup...

I knew I should have brought a chainsaw.

Nice.

As I head north from Route 2, I hear a voice shouting my name. Bianca?

Oh no, c'mon :c

"Pleeeeeeeeease? My pokemon are a little stronger!"

Dammit, she's giving me the puppy dog eyes. One of my only weaknesses :x

Where did you get something like that, Bianca?

I decided to let Gressins take care of the monk-like thing. It attempted to goad the bird into attacking. Big mistake. Gressins patiently waited for an opening before blowing Bianca's pokemon away with a single gust.

Bianca...if you want to become a great trainer you need to do a little more actual training :l

A single ember sets the pig on fire and it rolls over, fur smoldering. Bianca recalled her starter, looking disappointed. "Aw, I wanted to win..."

She might have continued putting herself down, but I guess she saw something in my expression and quickly forced herself to sound cheery instead. "Wow  Blanc, you're one tough cookie! Don't worry about my pokemon, they'll be fine. C'mon, let's get to Striaton City and call it a night."

Yeah...okay, that sounds good.

After a rough night's sleep, Bianca headed back out to Route 2 with her freshly-recovered pokemon, planning to take my advice to train more at least a bit seriously. I, meanwhile, decided to do what Juniper asked and find Fennel. Maybe then I could head home.

Fennel wasn't difficult to find (there was a building near Route 2 with the sign "Fennel's Lab"), but...

But why? :<

"'Cause Fennel said she was testing something, and she had a scary look on her face!"

But...but...I'm here because Professor Juniper asked me! Can't you let me in?

Apparently not. The guy just kept glaring at me until I left :<
Guess I should find something to do in the meantime. Folks around town mentioned a "Dreamyard", where there are apparently pokemon that can make dreams come true. Could be worth checking out.

Oh, that's fine. I'll leave you to it :)

:< (She had a second Bagon after that. Vol took care of them both and learned Leer!)

...how the hell do I get in?

Whyyyyy are there so many underage trainers running around? Gressins handled the kid's pokemon, including another of the monk-like things from before, without too much difficulty. The kid screamed something about his pokemon being "top-percentage" before dashing off. Freaking bizarre.

A...a litwick.

"Really? Then Pawniard could be a big help! Your litwick doesn't do well against water-type pokemon!"

What's that? Some sort of shrimp?

I...guess?

"It can use grass-type moves, so that makes it great against water-types!"

So it's not a shrimp? Ahh, who knows, pokemon are so unnatural. I've heard of tree pokemon made of rock of all things.

I can't tell what it is, but it's probably something bad :/
Guess you need a name anyway. How about...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2016, 05:33:20 pm »

I just- those two first random encounters.

Crevette (Shrimp). Because a shrimp it sounds like a shrimp it shall be. I wonder what our reaction is going to be when we find out that this Dark/Steel type can learn exactly one grass type move. Through TM.

An excellent update as always Sirus, I'm glad you had the time to work on it.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2016, 06:33:56 pm »

Only one grass type move from TM. Blanc's either gonna not care, or be pissed that she was lied to.

Crevette is good! +1 I'll probably submit a name for the next little bugger.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2016, 07:59:47 pm »

Crevette also covers Prawn.......

So you will have Prawn the Pawniard :)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2016, 12:33:24 am »

I like Prawn. It suits him.

But Crevette is not bad either.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2016, 08:16:47 am »

Sure, Crevette.

Do Gym leaders etc get randomised as well?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Pokemon: White! (Ranlocke!) - Hostage Situation?
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2016, 06:20:20 pm »

Guess we'll find out, won't we? :3c

Part IV: Stuck in Striaton

Prawn or not, shrimp or not, Crevette works as a name. Glad Mom taught me Kalosian when I was younger.
So, what exactly is this thi--

Um.

what

whaaaa

Quote from: Pawniard, the Sharp Blade Pokemon
They fight at Bisharp's command. They cling to their prey and inflict damage by sinking their blades into it.

i dont think this is a shrimp

The lady who gave it to me dashed away, leaving a trail of used bandages in her wake. Oh jeez. Not even the discovery of a pearl lying on the ground a few feet away could make me feel better about this. Now I not only have some sort of...robot bug-thing made of knives, but the only pokemon I have that could feasibly stop it from rampaging is Meutre.

I have to trust a deathghostcandle to protect me from a stabbot. I hate my life.

Well, I can't find a way into the Dreamyards, and Fennel is still unavailable. Guess I'll keep going to the next route. Surely there must be one pokemon out there I don't need to be afraid of.

Well, yeah. I don't really want any.

"With your lack of experience, you'll have a hard time in the future!"

I think I'm plenty experienced, thank you.

The old man scowled at that. "Here's some friendly advice. Challenge a Gym Leader in this town, and test your ability!"

He...he won't let me leave! This can't be legal...
FINE! I'll go challenge the gym!

Stupid old man. "Oh, I'm old, I'm wise, I have nothing better to do than butt into other people's business, blah blah blah".

APPARENTLY

"Well, he isn't here. Try the Trainer's School. Down thataway."

. . .

I hate this friggin town.

No one here except a bunch of kids...and Cheren? He brightened up when he saw me and explained that he had been studying the various status effects that can afflict pokemon. When I explained that I was looking for the local Gym Leader, he seemed somewhat surprised. "He left just a minute ago," Cheren explained. "Maybe you walked right past him?"

Considering how this day has been going? Probably :/

"By the way...I know this is probably a bit sudden Blanc, but will you have a battle with me? Bianca told me that she fought you, and she says you're pretty good."

Do I have to? :<
Well, I guess I can. At least your pokemon aren't flammable.

This...looks tough. Assuming Cheren's new pokemon is a rock, I have nothing really effective to use against it. Even though that woman said Crevette would know grass moves :l
I think she lied to me :c

So this thing is made of venomous knives. Thanks, lady. You're swell :X

It took a little while (since the rock (somehow) ate some sort of fruit partway through the battle, which perked it right up), but Crevette eventually managed to carve it to bits.

Isn't it also important to train a little? C'mon Cheren, your pokemon are only a bit stronger than Bianca's :/

Like so.

Cheren didn't seem displeased at all. I gotta say, the guy can handle disappointment a lot better than Bianca or I can. "I see what you mean! I certainly need to train harder if I want to beat you."

I asked Cheren what the deal with the rock's fruit snack was, and he looked shocked. "Berries, Blanc, berries! Pokemon enjoy them as a healthy snack, especially if they're in bad shape. They can even eat them mid-battle, and different berries have different effects. Here, have some Oran Berries."

Wow...thanks, Cheren.

He grinned. "Pokemon will eat this sort of berry to recover HP if you give it to them to hold. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from using a potion or whatever on them yourself..."

Yeah, no. Pokemon are way too dangerous; I know better than to interrupt a battle between them :X
Cheren wished me luck with the gym challenge, and returned to his studies. I returned to the gym, swearing to Arceus that if no one was there I'd either fight my into Fennel's lab or give up and go home.

VERY ANNOYED

No, but apparently everyone else wants me to >:C

"So...what was the first pokemon you chose?...Litwick, huh? It's weak against water-type pokemon."

Well aware of that.

YEAH YOU BETTER WAIT

I think this journey is having a bad influence on me :C

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 06:24:44 pm »

Don't worry. If Blanc ever needs Crevette stopped, she can always call Megaman, by the looks of it.

I do like how the dark/steel mon has a bug-type move, though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2016, 10:48:51 pm »

Cool update! We have a battle with bae Cheren, we got frustrated, and we have a steel/dark type with a bug type move. Plus, the first gym's coming soon. Love this LP so far!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2016, 08:07:42 am »

The thing I think is impressive about it is that it has typings that give it good defensive potential (I THINK) and its special poisons attackers. Its basically a "kill everything via attrition" pokemon.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7