Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85329 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B Briefing]
« Reply #1785 on: October 24, 2016, 04:29:50 am »

Johnny gestures to the images, and makes a series of motions as to cocking and loading several different classes of firearms, swinging a sword, and slinging a wand(?) followed by a confused shrug and head-tilt.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: October 24, 2016, 09:32:04 am »

Kelly heads to the teleporters
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: October 24, 2016, 09:33:00 am »

"Yo woody, can I load up on ammo somewhere first?"

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: October 25, 2016, 04:11:52 pm »

Ulibossk enters the teleporter; Obchodnik's low quality goods were unfit for his brilliance.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: October 26, 2016, 01:46:16 am »

Mega heads on out without a lot of further ado; she was pretty sure she could handle the guy in jail.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: October 26, 2016, 02:33:53 am »

((Oh also, a new PC has been submitted in the OOC.))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: October 26, 2016, 06:10:23 pm »

"WAIT! I'm here!"
Rochelle suddenly appears, having totally been there during the briefing, and goes through the teleporter.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: October 27, 2016, 12:50:06 am »

Johnny gestures to the images, and makes a series of motions as to cocking and loading several different classes of firearms, swinging a sword, and slinging a wand(?) followed by a confused shrug and head-tilt.

"Huh? You wanna' shoot and stab the dumbfounded wizard? ?_?
...Oh, I get it! Yeah, Obchodnik is going to have what you want. He's down the hall actually, you can't miss his place."

"Yo woody, can I load up on ammo somewhere first?"

"Yeah, Obchodnik. Cartridges, shells, grenades, he's got it all."

Ulibossk enters the teleporter; Obchodnik's low quality goods were unfit for his brilliance.
Kelly heads to the teleporters
Mega heads on out without a lot of further ado; she was pretty sure she could handle the guy in jail.
"WAIT! I'm here!"
Rochelle suddenly appears, having totally been there during the briefing, and goes through the teleporter.

All the Cazadores who enter the teleporter end up in the Montague Transportation Station, an old rustic building whose interior is populated by cracked walls and moldy corners, a few lights dimly lighting the place up while others are out of commission completely, or missing; if you placed a few toilets in here in place of the teleporters, it would function as a neglected side-of-the-highway rest stop.
Outside, it is a cloudy night yet this street is highly bright from the orchestra of lights emanating from street lamps, apartment windows open storefronts and passing cars. When walking out of the Station, the Cazadores find the building guarded by two police officers in blue uniforms, badges upon their armored breasts, an array of weaponry around their belts, including holstered firearms. The attention of the cops is not placed upon the new arrivals, but upon a shoddily dressed middle-aged man, wearing a stitched cap and ragged clothes, his pants coming down to just above the knees; they do not look like they are shorts, but rather pants that at one point were much longer. "P-please! You gotta' let me in there, I can't live in this got-damn city no longer! Have a heart!"
One of the officers speaks, "You got enough money to tele? You got a certificate that says you own one of them machines, huh?" The derelict looks like a schoolchild being scolded by a viscous teacher. The cop smirks, "Yeah, that's what I thought." The vagrant doesn't say anything, but takes a step towards the entrance of the station, and the speaking cop puts a hand out as a warning gesture, "Stop! Whatsa' matter with you? You ain't understand Montaguese? You. Can't. Go. In." The man takes one more step and receives a shove to the sternum, sending him stumbling back a few steps. "What the hells wrong with you, ya' fahkin' moron? You want a trespassing charge with a disturbing the peace? Get outta' here!" The derelict steps away from the cops and turns to the Cazadores. He makes a pleading gesture with his palms facing upwards, but before he can make a request of them the same cop gives him a swift boot to the hip and he goes flopping to the ground. "Go away before I crack ya' fahkin' skull!" This threat trails the derelict as he limps away, hands on the side of his hip bone. The officer speaks directly to the Cazadores with a more restrained tone, "Sorry 'bout that folks. City's gone down the tubes, we got that kinda' type everywhere, and lot more that are even worse. Y'all take care now, keep your eyes peeled for thugs and creeps, and stay outta' the alleyways."

The Teleportation Station comes out to a two-way street, with both sides dominated by large concrete apartment buildings. Half of the windows in sight are reinforced with either metal bars or wood. The apartments hug each other in tight, adjacent formations, with their facades draped in fire escapes and old air conditioning units that look as though they are preparing to drop upon a random pedestrian about. There are are many square stores in on this street as well, either standing independently or residing at the ground-floor level of an apartment. In bright neon letters, they advertise a diverse series of cheap goods and services: pawn shops, liquor stores, convenience stores, bars, movie theaters, loan centers, barber shops/salons, strip clubs, gun shops, and restaurants are among those visible just from where the Cazadores are standing. Every store is barricaded with metal behind the windows and nearly all have a similar blue sticker on at their front , explicitly declaring that "This property is monitored by surveillance system at all times." Even at this late hour, all of these stores are open.
There street is busy, but not crowded, with a handful of bundled up people passing by. Most locals do not regard the Cazadores at all, but several give an impolite stare as if to say, "This is not where you people belong." Occasionally a car passes by, its windows rolled down and a rickety radio giving a non-stylistic low-fi voice to a rapper or reggaeton singer, or blaring a warped guitar solo. A teenager on a speeding hoverboard misses the Cazadores by inches, though he gives no response as he passes them by.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 12:59:16 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: October 27, 2016, 12:53:35 am »

Kelly seems....to be a little dazed looking at it all.At the buildings the people,the sky everything seems to be amazing her.she might need someone to shake her.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: October 27, 2016, 12:57:17 am »

ONWARD TO OBCHODNIK!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]
« Reply #1795 on: October 27, 2016, 01:22:04 am »

Mega gives the area a look around -- and several people get very critical stares, including A. Policeman McBoot, B. The folks staring at her, to whom she gives stares that match in intensity, and C. the teenager who nearly hits her, who she points directly at with her index finger flippantly enough that it's probably a rude gesture.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:04 am »

Johnny crosses over. He taps the lady on the shoulder, points to himself and then to pawn shops and gun stores, and then back to where they are currently standing. Then, he slips into the shadows as best he could, making several passes across each store, though never entering, as to examine their contents from outside. He tries to identify all the weapons in the gun store, and signs of anything of seemingly supernatural (e.g. magical implements) in the pawn shop.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:37 am »

Rochelle looks around, rolling her eyes. Honestly, this place sort of reminded her of home - in a bad way, of course, with the people that would shank you if you looked at them the wrong way. Ah, home.
"So, who wants to go to the bars and sh*t with me? A single black woman like myself wandering alone in streets like these in the middle of the night is not gonna end well for nobody."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: October 27, 2016, 01:38:59 am »

"Nah, I'm Muslim. I don't do alcohol."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: October 27, 2016, 01:49:56 am »

"Nah, I'm Muslim. I don't do alcohol."
"Fine with me. Just don't get yourself killed out there. You could probably go down to prison or something, check in with Jimmy Israel, or go call D.T. Good luck. But I'm still not gonna be going alone."
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 123