Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85322 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2 Briefing]
« Reply #1770 on: October 19, 2016, 11:33:15 pm »

"If I may inquire, madam, how were you able to divine my lack of digestive organs?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »

"Biomancy. The art of detecting and manipulating biological tissue."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: October 20, 2016, 01:52:40 am »

The doors to the Transport Ship shut tight and a light comes on, reminding the passengers to buckle in. The vessel veers off down the runway as the gate to the abyss of space opens up. The ship breaks through the protective teal barrier surrounding La Espada and into a wormhole, racing through an abyss until in space once again, heading straight for a nearby aqua colored planet.

[Mission 2 Thread]

Meanwhile on the ship, everyone gets a message:

"Guess what everyone! We got CONTRACTS! $v$ If anyone is interested in doing dangerous, grueling work for money and experience, meet me in the War Room."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 01:54:52 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: October 20, 2016, 01:55:00 am »

Johnny grins, or rather, traces some exaggerated approximation of grin upon his visor in chalk-dust before rubbing it offand enters the War Room.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B Briefing]
« Reply #1774 on: October 20, 2016, 03:41:44 am »

"Indeed! How interesting! Say, would that allow you to change the color of my pelt?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: October 20, 2016, 04:02:30 am »

Garuga hears the announcement and, releasing the closest thing to a sigh a giant purple dragon can, heads off to the War Room.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: October 20, 2016, 04:25:04 am »

"Indeed! How interesting! Say, would that allow you to change the color of my pelt?"
((Mission technically started in a separate thread.))

"In theory yes. In practice, that costs energy and time."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: October 20, 2016, 08:16:39 am »

Wario heads over to the War Room.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: October 20, 2016, 08:34:30 am »

Ulibossk lets out a diabolical chuckle, before heading to the war room.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:45:21 am by vishdafish »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: October 20, 2016, 08:35:30 am »

Samson heads for the war room I guess.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: October 20, 2016, 09:47:09 am »

Mega shrugs and heads on over.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: October 20, 2016, 09:51:33 am »

Samson is watching a video with his headphones in and his feet on the table.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: October 21, 2016, 04:16:08 pm »

Kelly never left the waroom so they are waiting for the briefing.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: October 21, 2016, 04:28:39 pm »

Logan follows Garuga along.
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: October 24, 2016, 01:43:57 am »

Woodsworth enters the War Room with a bounce in his step (flotation?), accompanied by booming, bass-heavy rap music. Green dollar bills fly out of Woodsworth's screen and rain down on everyone in the room; the bills are in various denominations, though they all share Woodsworth's head as a centerpiece, wearing different hats. "We're getting cheddar! $v$! After a lengthy legal process, we are now allowed to employ the Cazadores for private contractual work in the U.S. They've heard about the skills and capabilities of the Cazadores and now they want them to help with planetside business. Like a standard mission, you will be paid and gain experience, and maybe even earn some tokens. The payout won't be as high in these missions, because they won't be as complicated or dangerous as standard missions; there will still be danger of course, but hostile militias and rogue knights don't pose the same threat as something that can eat existence itself. These contract missions will keep you conditioned and ready for whenever you go on  a standard mission.

For your first contract, you'll going down to Murdah' Valley. The contract comes from a private non-profit called 'The Montague Brotherhood of Goodwill', who says that they want their city to be a safe and vibrant place, and want the crime off the streets. Seeing as the local government and law enforcement is too corrupt to deal with anything, they've hired us to fill the role of crimestoppers. You're tasked with taking down Nicholas 'Dragon' Avencio, the Valley's premiere crime lord."
Each of the projector screens is filled with a different image, though all contain the same middle-aged, chubby gangster with pompadour haircut, black glasses and white suit, his fingers and neck lacked in jewelry. "Avencio, might not look like much, but it took him a long time of rising through the ranks of the underground to the top, and now he enjoys all of the luxuries of his position in society. The Avencio gang is run in a hierarchy, with lieutenants composed of family members by both blood and marriage that run his operations up close while the Nicky sits at comfortably as the C.E.O. Their product of choice is called 'Swoll', an illicit and highly addictive concoction of steroids. Swoll bulks up your muscles, at the cost of deflating everything else: the brain, the organ, all other internal systems. A Swoll addict in their final stage is like a zombie on PCP, and will cause chaos until someone either shoots them dead or one of their vital organs implodes. The Brotherhood believes that with Avencio out of the way, the supply of the drug will disappear from the Valley.
Despite his affinity for flashy, gawdy fashion, Avencio is good at remaining hidden, and he's got the law paid off, so they're not spilling any beans. It's up to you to scour Murder Valley and find out where he is. There's a few good places to start looking, and if you need intel I suggest heading downtown and getting contacts in the bars, brothels and gambling houses; those are the type of places that attract people who have the biggest mental-library of street knowledge. The Brotherhood also has an insider who goes by the name of D.T. He's in a dangerous position, so you only call him by phone, just drop a couple Zielons in a phone booth and type in 5821-B-9514. Remember that cell phones are traceable and home phones can be tapped, so the phone booths are the best place for discretion, or changing into a new costume. Lastly, one of Avencio's lieutenants, Jimmy Israel, was arrested a couple years back and is serving out a thirty-five year shift in the local prison. You can arrange with him, but Avencio's influence has allowed him some special privileges within the prison, and he'll be able to kick you out if he doesn't like the way you're rubbing him, so take care with that.
Your Objective is to kill or capture Avencio. If you choose the latter, the Brotherhood wants him out of the city; you can do with him what you want so long as he never comes back.
If you need some last minute supplies, head down to Obchodnik's. Whenever you're ready, the Teleporters are up and running." 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 123