Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85394 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2 Briefing]
« Reply #1650 on: October 17, 2016, 04:01:53 pm »

"So, we should split up, and break up the war internally?"

"Seems like it. That's what I gathered. How are we going to do it, though?"
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: October 17, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »

"Also, I would think that deliberately causing a civil war in both factions should also be a last resort."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: October 17, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »

"So, we should split up, and break up the war internally?"

"Seems like it. That's what I gathered. How are we going to do it, though?"
"We spread the faking revolution. Break tha facking burgoise. Smash tha state. Roight pure facking stuff, eat tha rich an all that."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: October 17, 2016, 04:10:01 pm »

"...huh?"

"Human swears and a thick accent, I think. Anyway, as Princess of Friendship, I...sort of agree. On the one hand, I believe that war and bloodshed are a last resort. But from last mission, I've learned that the Multiverse is different from Equestria. Friendship won't fix this, but neither will a bloodbath. Unlike last time, we need to reach a conclusion, far before we go to the area. I propose a compromise, we split up to each area. One group per land will be diplomatic. They'll try and reach a peaceful conclusion. If that doesn't work, they'll group up with the others in that region, and work it out from there."
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: October 17, 2016, 04:12:26 pm »

<We'll need a means of communication between continents, possibly some means of transportation that neither side will be able to impede.>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: October 17, 2016, 04:13:53 pm »

"... I'm just gonna fuck shit up with Scotty if that's alright. When all you have is a hammer and all that."
Samson gestures to the heavily accented one.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: October 17, 2016, 04:18:54 pm »

Charlotte seems even more dismayed by the lack of consideration.
"Hang on, we have to get our plan straight. We can't go in there, smash things up AND scout out everything. It'll ruin the whole plan and most certainly defeat the point of trying to do this without killing everyone!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: October 17, 2016, 04:21:44 pm »

"Yeah, destruction, diplomacy, and scouting will be too chaotic, it'll defeat the point of doing, among other things."

"Precisely why we need to reach a compromise. Let's try to tie it together, and reach something constructive, right?"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: October 17, 2016, 04:51:17 pm »

"Going in and destroying them internally is going to be the safest route, but scouting can be combined with that. That is, if we're destroying them a way other than physically. As much as I love kicking a little behind, this is gonna me some espionage stuff, yknow?

Let's send most people to the two bases,and a couple to see how the Deniyans are doing, eh? From there we can split up. Some of us can see if we can't get a peek at the governments, some could go check out the military. A bit of sabotage should be more than enough to take them down from the inside.

And hey, if they start getting uneasy, then we can send them to fight each other. How does that sound?"
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: October 17, 2016, 05:02:08 pm »

"Yeah, what she said."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: October 17, 2016, 05:12:48 pm »

"That sounds fine. It seems like a good idea without ruining their lives.". She then mutters, hoping no one hears, "Ruining somepony's life? ...I'm not that mare anymore..."

Twilight then says, "I second that. Little bloodshed, I love it. Now, it's not peaceful, but it works."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: October 17, 2016, 05:14:00 pm »

Charlotte still shakes her head.
"Still too risky. Sabotage might result in them splitting apart anyway and causing far more violence."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: October 17, 2016, 05:19:26 pm »

"Them breaking to bits is the default timeline.  Although timelimes are apparently malleable here."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: October 17, 2016, 11:43:14 pm »

A small tablet appears in the middle of the table. The screen displays a series of blank lines numbered 1 through 12. "Time is of the essence, so everyone that's going needs to sign on here. If there's not enough sports, I expect you all to be able to resolve this through rhetoric, rock-paper-scissors, or knife fighting."

"How many drop points are we going to have? Because obviously the best way to stop them attacking the snails would be to do some sabotage and general destruction in a style that would point to the opposite faction... or we could just hit them both with small pox."

"We will land you in Deniya itself so that you can establish a relationship with the locals. We've already alerted them so that they don't mistake you for an invasion. The Deniya's are aware of their situation and so we've designated you all as an intergalactic peacekeeping task force, which isn't too far from the truth."

Nixil, having rushed to the briefing after his virtual sparring, absorbed this information.

<Woodsworth, would you be able to tell us what you know of the military capabilities of the Xenio and Kuch? Any other sort of information regarding their respective internal politics, social structures, anything at all would be useful.>

"Having sustained many conflicts over a hundreds of years, both the Xenio and Kuch have formidable military forces. The Xenio forces are composed of infantry favoring enchanted weaponry made of natural elements like bone, wood, and ivory. Additionally they have archers, and cavalry that ride on various species of local fauna. This fauna includes animals of flight and sea transportation, so they do have both an aerial and naval force, which allows them to traverse the ocean. There's a significant amount of Xenion who are adept in magic, which all appears to be elemental/natural, though their role in warfare is not known.

The Kuch also have infantry, missile, aerial and naval units, but of a completely different nature. The infantry is primarily riflemen who each carry an ax or a spade that can double both as a utility tool and a close-quarters weapon. They are fully armored, as opposed to the Xenio, in sets of metal plates that pose little discomfort and disadvantage thanks to their stocky frames. While guns are widely distributed and valued in Kuch culture, they still exist in a single-shot capacity, and so the Kuch military has not developed the squad based tactics that most modern armies are based upon, still relying on a mixture of large marching battalions and small sniper units. The Kuch have artillery in the form of cannons and mortars. There is an absence of cavalry, and any animals used the military are for transportation and labor, not battle. Notably, they have developed armored land units, a kind of rudimentary tank known as a Landship. These are heavily armored, dual-track coal-powered vehicles that can fit anywhere from twelve to twenty Kuch inside. The Landship is armed from either six or eight cannons facing multiple directions and has firing slats that allow the occupants inside to shoot with high protection. The interiors are hot and claustrophobic, and a fire can wipe out an entire crew in seconds, but the Kuch employ them because of the difficulty they impose on the Xenio who have to resort to all sorts of clever traps and magic in order to deal with them. The Kuch also have an air fleet of propeller planes, though they lack machine guns. Planes are instead used for reconnaissance and bombing runs, where a group of planes will drop explosives open a coastal Xenio city. As the planes travel at over speeds of 100 MPH and at an altitude of around a thousand feet, Xenion have not developed a sound way to deal with planes either, outside of defensive action by civilians and lengthy, costly battles between the opposing air forces. The Kuch do not have complete dominance of course, as their mighty sea-faring Ironclads are easily picked apart by what is effectively a stealthy submarine force of the Xenio. How the Xenio are accomplishing this or what they are using is currently unknown.

As it has been for centuries, the Xenio and Kuch are in a continual arms race. Once one country has an advantage in one area, it is countered by an advancement from their rival. Even if Deniya is not conquered, if the Xenio discover magic that overpowers the raw industrial might of the Kuch, or if the Kuch develop magic resistant armor and/or weaponry, the war might end in the course of months.  While this has not happened previously, the presence of an Anomaly is enough that we have to consider this possibility."

"Xenio culture is fundamentally tied to their environment, and practice animist beliefs and rituals. Some rituals include the sacrifice of prized animals and a Kobold-like species that inhabit their country. It is unknown if these Kobold-oids are sentient. Xenio culture also prizes various displays of artistry and instrumental music."

"Kuch culture has little need for religion and art, filling the void with alcohol and sport. Kuch alcohol is produced from the fermentation of mushrooms and is highly potent. Drinking Halls are a key area of socialization for the Kuch. Popular sports include the familiar variety of combat sports, as well as the Kuch national game, Blurge-Bull, which is so esoteric and culture specific that we can not explain it.

Each culture, as you would guess, is inferior in the eyes of the other."

Kelly having stared at the price in shock and possibly anger had decided to just get into the briefing room as quick as possible and arrived to hear most of what was said.
"Woodsworth...will they be able to understand us?"

"Your Implant allows you to communicate in over 14 Trillion Languages."

"No genocide.  No.  Simply no.

Woodsworth:Would the Xenio and Kuch both gaining equal access be an acceptable alternate timeline?"

"If you could somehow convince two rival nations who have fought for upwards of four hundred years that has led to the deaths of millions on each to the point where vengeance is generationally enculturated into these people, then possibly. It is extremely unlikely. Not only would they have to agree to this, the Deniyans would have to accept it as well, and they are a nationalistic bunch. They're pacifists, not hippies."

"Whell, its nae tha worse breifin room ah've been. Noice that most a tha walls are still standin.

Erlend leans over the map and looks at the island, occasionally poking and prodding random places.
"What kinda forces we looking? Tanks, boikes, cars, what? Do tha snails 'ave any type of defense?"

"The Deniyans have defensive structures that would slow the Xenion and Kuch down rather than stopping them. Walls, wire, bridges, that sort of stuff."

"Huh, break 'em apart from within? We nae got anyone 'ose experienced at tha stuff. Oi wait, thats me ya gits."
Erlend laughs and rolls his shoulders.
"Boss man, what kinda rebel groups these bastards got in em? The mountain fakers is 'o ah'm most inta. Me mech should fit right in."

"Rebel and Separatist organizations are currently unknown on either side, especially the Kuch, considering they would have be so underground, both literally and figuratively. There are minority races in each nation, who little is known about but might be of interest."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:51:37 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: October 17, 2016, 11:47:01 pm »

Twilight signs her name onto the slip, before motioning to Starlight to sign as well. Starlight hesitates, but after some internal debate, signs as well.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 123