Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 123

Author Topic: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2-B]  (Read 85389 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Post-Mission 1]
« Reply #1605 on: October 12, 2016, 01:26:20 pm »

"Indeed. He got ganked eventually though. So what's your schikt my dude?"

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: October 12, 2016, 01:28:34 pm »

"Indeed. He got ganked eventually though. So what's your schikt my dude?"
"Ah've got a giant robot to bash the fash with."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: October 12, 2016, 01:31:47 pm »

Samson smiles widely.
"Oh, I've got something similar! My old power armor from when I was in the great war! I use it for terrorists and demons now but it still moves like it's new."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 12, 2016, 01:34:37 pm »

Samson smiles widely.
"Oh, I've got something similar! My old power armor from when I was in the great war! I use it for terrorists and demons now but it still moves like it's new."
"Noice, noice. I found me mech during the streetfighting in Snecky. Fixed 'er up good and now shes a roight fucking weapon. If yer suit needs fixin up come to me, damn good 'and with a wrench.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 12, 2016, 01:38:31 pm »

"Nah, if anything needs maintaining it would be my sword. Gore somehow gets in it despite the plasma."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 12, 2016, 01:42:13 pm »

"Nah, if anything needs maintaining it would be my sword. Gore somehow gets in it despite the plasma."
"Ay, I can take a look at it if yae need it."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 12, 2016, 01:42:54 pm »

"Thanks bro!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 12, 2016, 02:36:14 pm »

Starlight sits down in the briefing room, with Twilight sitting right next to her.

"Twilight? I, um...I'm kind of nervous. Everypony here is strange, and if what you say is true, then we're going out...to.."

"It's okay, Starlight. I'm right here. If you need help, if you ask a question, if you need a friend and a familiar face, I'm here. I'm sure the rest are here to help, too."

Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 12, 2016, 05:31:37 pm »

The Amender mewls pitifully. "Come now - I understand we got off on the wrong paw, but you should at least have the courtesy to introduce yourself to your new companions, especially in a situation such as this. What shall I do when I am called to speak at your funeral and I do not even know your names?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 12, 2016, 05:33:01 pm »

"Everyone else died before I did before."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 16, 2016, 02:53:31 am »

Kelly quietly adjusts her gasmask and heads to get some of kinda equipment if possible such as a gun or the like before joining the mission

Kelly would find that at Obchodnik is selling a variety of standard firearms such as pistols, sub-machine guns, rifles, and is in fact currently selling an "Extremely Very Good And Good Deal Value" $200 Pump-Action Shotgun.

<Best finish this then.>

Nixil pushes forward more aggressively, focusing on large, rather telegraphed swings of the tail as distractions, before going for a precise thrust once there is an opening.

Nixil steps up his offensive maneuvers, swinging his tail in large arcs as a deceptive measure. [4+1 vs. 2+1] The Andalite Warrior easily ducks and weaves under the unwieldy tail attacks, just as Nixil predicted. When the Warrior dodges an attack by ducking underneath a tail swipe, he unintentionally exposes his neck area. [8+1 vs. 1+1] Nixil jabs his tail into his opponent's throat like an assassin thrusting a dagger, and easily pierces through several arteries. The Andalite rolls over onto his side and attempts to stand, his legs buckling underneath him like a wounded horse. He falls over after a few minutes of struggle.

The words "VICTORY" appear about ten feet in the sky in flashing rainbow colors of celebration.

The Knight and Dragon walk down the halls without incident until a loud *bang* precedes a spread of bullets hitting the wall next to them. The source of this interruption is to the opposite side of the wall, where a Pawn Shop called Obchodnik's Obstravaganza! has appeared ad hoc. Standing behind the main desk is the man himself, a smoking shotgun in his hands. "Greeting my friends! That was my shotgun surprise trick! The shotgun is old but good way of killing many people at once, da? This pump shotgun could be of your ownership for a very low buying! I price this shotgun at $300 Zielons, but I sell it to special friends for lower price of $200! Great much savings!"

Logan stares, nonplussed.

"What's a shotgun?"

"Shotgun is like em regular gun, but even good better. Say with normal gun, you pull one trigger, shoot one bullet. To shoot more bullets, more pull trigger, cost very time. Automatic gun pull one trigger, many many bullet, but very recoil, accurate none. Shooting automatic, you are accurate like cow is virgin, so no." Obchodnik cocks the shotgun. "Shotgun different. Pull one trigger, six bullet, eight bullet, even ten bullet! All at once. No chance for pussy man to dodge. Will make him kill, very fast."

"Ah, to Hell with it. I'll find some other place to shop later."
Mega proceeds to hightail it to the ship, and to the briefing room.

Mega, visibly disgusted, quickly returns to the Teleportation Station, (possibly with her companions) and gets back to the ship as fast as possible. The Indonesian briskly walks to the War Room.

Quote from: Everyone Going To the War Room
Go to the Mission Briefing.

Woodsworth pops into existence as everyone filters into the War Room. The War Room never felt too "War-y" thanks to its central rectangular table surrounded with chairs and the projection screens on each wall, but there have been new additions to the room since the last mission: the chairs are now swiveled, there is a potted shrub in each corner of the room, a ceiling fan overhead rotating at a moderate intensity, three brightly colored bowls of snacks positioned at equidistant points on the table, (trail mix, gummy bears and chocolate wafers, respectively) and a soda vending machine on the far side of the room.

"I decided to make our War Room feel more comfortable. Do you guys like it? ^_^"

The lights in the room dim as projections form against the wall.

"Your next operation is entitled, "The Conquest of Paradise." Like last time, Woodsworth's voice loses its bubbly timbre. It requires a minimum of 9 Cazadores and a maximum of 12.

Overview:
The projection shows a map of two continents separated by a body of water. The one towards the top consists of a peninsula with several smaller peninsulae jutting out from it in various spots, along with a few small islands. The continent opposite, rising form the bottom of the screen, is long and flat like a dull knife.
"Two rival lands ruled by two rival tribes dominated by two rival races. The Xenio Oligarchy of the North, and the Kuch Republic of the South. There are other continents but they are irrelevant to the mission, as well as to these superpowers who spent hundreds of years waging war both hot and cold, militaristic and social. Minor victories and loses occurred for both sides, back and forth, but a true winner and loser was never established."

The projection into Xenio to the ground level, displaying pale humanoids, tall and thin, walking on wooded trails beneath great trees that entire residencies and facilities have been cut into. The interior of these trees look to hold hundreds, if not thousand of individuals.
"Xenion society was based on their connection of nature, and their people's ability to manipulate natural and animistic energies, though they would much prefer the word "harness" to manipulate. With this magic, they are able to perform feats such as what you see, growing and living in tree structures that would put a modern apartment complex to shame."

The projection moves to the outskirts of a forest filled with swaying trees that glow with blue and purple bio-luminescence. "The Forest of Ankian was a sacred site for the Xenio and it is where their leaders congregated, an Oligarchy that consisted of the most revered men from seven highly influential families. We have no internal footage of the forest because our satellites could never past the canopies and exterior. It is likely that the Xenion belief that the Forest holds extreme and esoteric powers was not based entirely on fiction."

The projection zooms out, back onto the main mapping of the world and reorients back into Kuch. Now the view is of many stockier, darker, and hairier humanoids marching up a mountainside carrying various tools that resemble familiar mining equipment. "The Kuch had no patience for magic and were a people of technology and science. To them, magic was an indication of wickedness and slothfulness. They had discovered their own Law of Conversation of Mass and Energy, and so believed that warlocks and witches sapped their resources from the world. They lived primarily in complex structures both in and on mountains. As in the case of the Xenio, we have no footage of their central government in action, because of their subterranean location. We do know that the government consisted of officials elected from the various regions that made up the entirety of the Kuch Republic, ranging from between six and nine depending on the number of official regions at any given time."

The projection returns to the initial map. "During these centuries of fighting, bloodshed and continual escalation, the two groups would not wipe out each other, but fall to internal issues that they had failed to focus on." The continents on the map, at first a green color, now fade to brown. "The Xenio's conservative traditionalism cost them as they shunned scientific advances, instead continuing to try and solve new problems with ancient magic. When a magic-resistant plague appeared, the Xenio were decimated. At the same time, the industry of the Kuch blossomed exponentially until the Republic was faced with a widespread energy crisis. The Republic fractured into warring factions that fought for the last bits of coal that were left. For a long time after, each continent would remain dormant, populated only by small bands of civilization, orphans of great nations. Eventually, people from other corners of the planet of many races and origins would rediscover the continents, the ruins of which would be important to generations of historians and archaeologists."

Anomaly: The map returns to its default state with the two sprawling green continents. "See how the only thing between these two places is miles and miles and miles of ocean? That's how it's supposed to be, but now we have this." A small landmass pops onto the screen right between the land masses. "This is Deniya. Deniya is not supposed to exist."

The projection zooms into Deniya, with a landscape filled with stone houses and roads that look comparatively modern. The people here all move quite slowly, each of them carrying some sort of white pack on their backsides. Upon closer observation, they are less human-like than the Xenio or Kuch, with black beady eyes that extend from their faces and slimy bodies. In fact, they are not walking so much as sliding across the ground. "The Deniya are intelligent lifeforms evolved from snails due to the Miasma at work. Due to the plodding pace and herbivore diet of their ancestors, they have become a rare pacifist society, devoting their time and energy into creating a functional, prospering and happy civilization. Neglecting to spend resources on the killing and takeover of other people, the Deniya are far more advanced than the Xenio or Kuch in all areas outside of military. Therein lies the problem, as the Deniya present an easy and valuable target for both neighboring superpowers. Not only would the island of Deniya serve as a significant base of operations between the continents, its people hold the information that would give either side a monumental advantage, including plague vaccines and efficient methods of generating industrial power. The Deniya live on an island a hundredth of the size of either continent with a tenth of the population, and would quicker retreat inside their shells rather than raising a military, shells that mind you were developed for fending off predatory crabs and fish, not firearms and magic."

Objective: "This is where the Cazadores come in. No, your goal is not to wipe out the Deniyans. The Anomaly is not tied to the life of the Deniyans, in fact it would be preferable that they continue to thrive. We have concluded that the The Miasma created the Deniyans as a way to do what it does best, fuck up spacetime. The Xenio and Kuch, in a stable multiverse, are meant to disappear. If either of them gain control of Deniya, not only will they obliterate their rival, they will possess such power that they will conquer the whole planet, and within the scale of only a few millennia, the entire galaxy. The destabilization of that universe would follow shortly. Your objective is to stop the Xenio and Kuch from taking the Deniyan Island over by any means necessary. What happens to them is of no consequence so long as Deniya belongs to the Deniyans. Any and all methods are approved so long as they are the most effective utilization of your abilities for the objective."

"If the Xenio or Kuch get to the point where they are impossible to stop, you must destroy as much of Deniya as you can, to prevent them from gaining any intelligence advantage. Even this may not be enough, and could possibly triggering an Anomaly Shift. It is an extreme last resort."

((Anyone who did not have the opportunity to be in this briefing that wanted to be is allowed to retroactively insert themselves in the scene.))
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:20:03 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Los Cazadores - La Espada Thread [Mission 2 Briefing]
« Reply #1616 on: October 16, 2016, 03:07:56 am »

"How many drop points are we going to have? Because obviously the best way to stop them attacking the snails would be to do some sabotage and general destruction in a style that would point to the opposite faction... or we could just hit them both with small pox."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 16, 2016, 03:10:36 am »

Starlight and Twilight huddle together, whispering to eachother as the briefing ends.

"Twilight, if what this...construct or whatever it is means what it says, there's going to be a full scale war."

"I know. Perhaps we can spread friendship over, and prevent their greed from taking this place, but you heard about the first mission, I told you! Friendship might work, but I don't know."

"I guess we both have problems. I don't even know if these...things will trust me when they know what I did. We've both got these two civilizations about to go to war. I'm just trying to keep my little world under control."

"sigh I guess we both have to just try and power on through. Right?"

With an uncertain nod, the two mares then stay sat, waiting for the go-ahead to go.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: October 16, 2016, 03:12:09 am »

Nixil, having rushed to the briefing after his virtual sparring, absorbed this information.

<Woodsworth, would you be able to tell us what you know of the military capabilities of the Xenio and Kuch? Any other sort of information regarding their respective internal politics, social structures, anything at all would be useful.>

To everyone else in the room: <We have certain options then.  Destruction of both opposing sides.  Somehow broker peace between them lasting enough that even future generations would hesitate to disturb the status quo.  Remove the Deniyans strategically from the situation, although killing them all would perhaps be unnecessary.  Simply destroying their advanced knowledge to make them insignificant as targets may suffice.  If we ARE to annihilate the Deniyans entirely...we...we would have to scorch the land there so that neither side would be able to use it as a base of operations.>  Nixil's eyestalks drooped downwards, realising that he was explicitly planning genocide.

Looking to Samson, Nixil spoke, <Do we have access to smallpox?>
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: October 16, 2016, 03:13:44 am »

Ramona was leaning calmly on a chair, eating snacks the whole time. "It seems like the most sensible option would be to send half of us to one island, and half to the other, so we could both work at the same time. Also, if they're at war, how're we gonna avoid all the colateral damage?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 123