Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Goblin Fortress: We don't like dwarves.  (Read 6276 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Fortress: We don't like dwarves.
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2008, 09:58:00 pm »

There's obsidian by the magma vent, and plenty of metals and rocks underground. It's actually not too bad a place, once I get some metal and the magma smelters things'll smooth out fine.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2008, 10:12:00 pm »

While digging, Kira suddenly fell into a hole. Barely hanging onto the stairs, she looked down into a bubbling pool of magma. Panic-fueled, she clambered back onto the stairs and rushed off to tell us.

Predictably, I immediately told her to dig out an area for use as a magmaworks.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Torak:
<STRONG>In the goblin mod, the only axes available to goblins are too big for Size 6 creatures to use. Should've told you that.</STRONG>

...what the fuck.

Anyways, Kagus, why so?
Assuming we don't all die of burning to death, I think we can maintain a good fort - until we hit the point where our food stockpiles can't keep up with our population. Then we have a problem.
Of course, we're all roally fucked until we get some leather bags.

find that I identify forum goers more by their signatures than anything else.
That being said, I should probably think of something witty to put here.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2008, 11:12:00 pm »

Officially, every single goblin cat in the fortress, save one which undoubtedly will soon, has adopted Kira, our miner/mason. There's a goddamn cloud of cats that follows him around. It's creepy.

Also, we finally made a copper battleaxe. I told Sandono to cut the shit and start chopping trees, but he replied that he was busy hauling. I told him he was relieved from hauling, effective immediately, and he told me to wait until he was done. I swear to God he's trying to make me get rid of all his other work so he can cut some trees.

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 11:15:00 pm »

My...my kitties.
I demand the traitors all be slaughtered.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 11:25:00 pm »

--Wait, fuck. You were the one who requested cat-liking. Oh well.

---------------------------------------

Sandono finally got off his ass, and started chopping trees. Also, we're making some bags. We'll be making some green glass blocks soon. I've also asked Scorpios to start making some biscuits or something. I'm tired of eating raw meat.

The elephants come and go, but never attack us. They actually flee when Gan gets near them. I have no idea how that works, they usually slaughter us.

The dwarven slaves are breeding. Which is good, we've been slaughtering them not only for meat but some extra leather.

This place is still a piece of shit. I came here expecting to make a thriving fortress and I've got a few holes in the ground and an empty moat.

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

Aware of the problem of monsters in the magma, I stationed our miner by the pool with a crossbow. Turns out he's quite good with it, at least competent. He shot a fire imp to death almost immediately and killed another one that was IN THE MAGMA by WRESTLING IT TO DEATH. And sustained no injures. I have no fucking idea how he did that. He's obviously pretty hardcore.

I have our metalsmith making green glass blocks. He has two already. It's slow going because we don't have a lot of bags, but he's churning them out fast enough.

Sandono apparently pissed off an elephant and it slaughtered one of his war trolls. He managed to moderately wound it in the spine though, so I'm not too worried about him dying as I watch the fight. It's fairly obvious he's inexperienced with the axe, but he might actually bring down that elephant. Good eatin'. The elephant keeps trying to run away from sight, but Sandono keeps herding it back. I'll have to commend him.

Edit: As I stopped watching Sandono chase the elephant, I came across Kira, our burgeoning goblin sniper, fighting a fireman! He seemed to be relatively uninjured besides a few singe marks, and the fire man was looking bad, but I was worried.

Apparently, while I was away, Sandono cut the elephant's tusk.

Edit 2: Apparently the fireman wasn't done for yet, as he grabbed the recruit's wrist, thrust him into the channel, through solid rock without leaving a mark. He was then promptly slain by a kitten. Kira literally disappeared. Even stranger, we found him in our metal-mining hallway. This is one weird fortress.

While we were searching for Kira, Sandono made more progress on the elephant. He lightly wounded its upper body, and moderately damaged its liver! We'll have elephant for dinner yet.

Edit 3 since NO ONE WILL POST ARGH:

I am unspeakably mad at Sandono. After damaging its lower spine, he decided he'd rather have a drink. Which he promptly decided not to do when he realized there was an elephant right next to him. Immediately afterward, the elephant escaped and Sandono ambled off to slaughter a warthog.

Grrrrrr.

[ February 03, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2008, 12:18:00 am »

Reading this is almost more amusing than actually playing  :)

Scorpios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2008, 12:26:00 am »

He...he went through a wall? Like he went through it? And teleported?

Goblin towers are a hell of a lot different than dwarven mountainhomes.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2008, 12:31:00 am »

Things have been going reasonably well, with Sandono happily chopping away at warthogs while Scorpios struggles to butcher the corpses, tan the hides, turn the hides into bags, turn the tallow into fat, turn the meat and tallow into biscuits, and beat the shit out of things with a mace.

Sandono was halfway through turning a warthog into a pile of gore when I realized Gan was supposed to be hunting and Sandono was supposed to be treeslaying. The mistake was quickly corrected, with Sandono looking a bit disappointed at having to chop bark instead of flesh.

In other news, we're laying out the base for the green glass tower.

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2008, 12:46:00 am »

I've finally got this place figured out.

The elephants and warthogs migrate through this area. As it's so hot, they don't use it as permanent resting grounds, they merely travel through the area. Besides them, this land has no wildlife to speak of save some monsters in the magma

Luckily, the elephants come through often and Gan was given a chance at one. He immediately set out hunting, accompanied by some war trolls. The war trolls did most of the work, but I don't believe he actually got an elephant.

Edit: Don't tell him I said this, but Gan is a pretty pisspoor hunter. Now, Sandono is hardcore. Really hardcore.

Gan is just a shitty fighter. He can cut trees instead.

Edit 2: Sandono kind of disappeared. Last I saw him he was catapulting monkeys across the field.

We have more bags, so sand collection is kind of picking up. I feel better doing it myself.

[ February 03, 2008: Message edited by: Squeegy ]

Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2008, 01:28:00 am »

Hilarious.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Metal Chao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2008, 03:25:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Scorpios:
<STRONG>

...what the fuck.</STRONG>

Actually they can wield battle axes.
I found this out by accident, because the first time I started my amazing goblin fortress I had a great axe, and couldn't chop any trees.
):

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 03:35:00 am »

Yep.  Got the same problem here.

Waiting until I can buy or make some so I can chop down all those disgustingly pretty trees outside my fort.

Sandono

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

My character...

Is acting just as I would!

Go bloodthirsty, lazy, madmen!

Edit:Also, HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, this is incredibly funny already.

Heres hoping we don't all die too soon.

Or, if we do, it's funny/epic.

[ February 03, 2008: Message edited by: Sandono ]

t this rate, Baron Lorn is going to replace the entire population with his own children since the other dwarves either very rarely pop one out, or have no idea what that thing between their legs are used for besides going to the bathroom and making them f
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8