Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395093 times)

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0
« Reply #17940 on: January 21, 2017, 12:35:21 am »

That sounds an awful lot like social media addiction...

I'm sure there is an app to fix that...
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: January 21, 2017, 12:38:37 am »

Just run an overcharged current through the touchscreen, so you literally must trade pain for social media. It'll skinner box it out in no time, or possibly devolve all of civilization into masochist no-laughter-without-slaughter raider types.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: January 21, 2017, 12:44:49 am »

I'm still holding out for the awesome Mad Max Cars-and-sandstorms apocalipse I was promised, so that doesn't sound too mad.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: January 21, 2017, 12:45:58 am »

Nah. It'd just lead to a new market for touchscreen compatible electricity gloves.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: January 21, 2017, 01:29:23 am »

Huh.  Didn't notice that.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: January 21, 2017, 01:32:07 am »

I...

I...fucking...2016....

The...the goddamn....

Doctor....Pavel....I'm......I'm...CIA....
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: January 21, 2017, 01:39:53 am »

I...

I...fucking...2016....

The...the goddamn....

Doctor....Pavel....I'm......I'm...CIA....

If you think that's wierd, Mark Hamill has read a couple of Trump's tweets in the voice of the Joker.  Have a listen.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: January 21, 2017, 01:41:17 am »

EU prepares for war with the US, as Guy Verhofstad called the inauguation speech 'hostile', and the german vice-chancellor called it 'nationalist' and a threat.
If it resuslt in me being drafted into the army and coming to kill all of you and your families, please know it's nothing personal.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:55:18 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: January 21, 2017, 02:00:39 am »

It would have made more sense in context if Trump had got his missile launchers and tanks like he wanted.

BBC Washington correspondent Barbara Plett-Usher says Mr Trump has vowed to do what he can immediately using executive action

Who wants to guess that Trump could top the chart with executive orders?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/17/obama-executive-orders/
President Barack Obama has averaged fewer executive orders per year in office than any U.S. president in 120 years. The executive orders he has issued, however, face an uncertain future under President-elect Donald Trump, who has characterized some of Obama’s orders as “illegal and overreaching.”
So in other words, for all the talk about Obama ruling undemocratically via executive orders, he issues less of them than anyone in 120 years.

Trump will probably spit out 34 executive orders today, let alone in a year. There's no way Trump is going to be satisfied with coming second to a liberal (FDR) on executive orders.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:13:16 am by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: January 21, 2017, 02:06:43 am »

Don't worry Americans, in case EU declares war on you, Russia is always here to help opening up a second front on the evil aggressors (and take some clay while we're at it)!
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: January 21, 2017, 02:10:54 am »

EU prepares for war with the US, as Guy Verhofstad called the inauguation speech 'hostile', and the german vice-chancellor called it 'nationalist' and a threat.
If it resuslt in me being drafted into the army and coming to kill all of you and your families, please know it's nothing personal.

War won't happen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, it may be a couple years out of date, but keep in mind the Trump administration is probable to be friendly with Russia.

Edit: Oh, and due to Brexit, the EU now only has the French nukes.

Edit2: And let's not forget of all the bases over in Europe that have Americans deployed at them.  In a war, that could do a bit of damage.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 02:15:09 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: January 21, 2017, 02:12:15 am »

It would have made more sense in context if Trump had got his missile launchers and tanks like he wanted.

BBC Washington correspondent Barbara Plett-Usher says Mr Trump has vowed to do what he can immediately using executive action

Who wants to guess that Trump could top the chart with executive orders?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/01/17/obama-executive-orders/
President Barack Obama has averaged fewer executive orders per year in office than any U.S. president in 120 years. The executive orders he has issued, however, face an uncertain future under President-elect Donald Trump, who has characterized some of Obama’s orders as “illegal and overreaching.”
So in other words, for all the talk about Obama ruling undemocratically via executive orders, he issues less of them than anyone in 120 years.

Trump will probably spit out 34 executive orders today, let alone in a year.

Misleading claim. Most of the complaints about President Obama's actions were based on executive agency directives, not formal executive orders.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: January 21, 2017, 02:31:20 am »

..."executive agency directives" is literally the president's job.  That's like saying a congressman got too much legislation passed.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: January 21, 2017, 02:33:58 am »

Don't worry Americans, in case EU declares war on you, Russia is always here to help opening up a second front on the evil aggressors (and take some clay while we're at it)!
Isn't this literally the plot of Tom Clancy's EndWar? Now all we need is for the EU to develop ABM orbital lasers, for one of those lasers to shoot down an American space launch, and for Russia to hire terrorists to attack its own experimental nuclear fusion generator and pretend to be hired by Europe.

Britain is leaving the EU so that's already on track, in other outsiders we need Israel to devastate the Middle East in nuclear war and China's economy to flatline.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: January 21, 2017, 03:00:41 am »

Don't worry. It'll be a very warm welcome. We'll just let the Brits throw rocks and cluster bombs across the channel for a decade or two while we build up an army. I'm not overly concerned about the European Union's ability to project power. Worrying about the EU overtaking the US is very last decade (I can hear OrangeWizard frothing at the teeth in the afterforum), and I doubt anyone serious considers this. That probably wouldn't stop Trump, mind, but we'll see won't we?

Besides, if Trump is a Russian Shill you should be much more worried about war from the other direction. Trump is not going to war with the EU anytime soon (although if there was one way for Trump to burn through his love super quickly, it would be to start a war somewhere. I can't imagine he'd be particularly clever about it, and anything resembling an Afghanistan would sink him for good. Sadly I doubt this is his direction at the time.)
Isn't this literally the plot of Tom Clancy's EndWar? Now all we need is for the EU to develop ABM orbital lasers, for one of those lasers to shoot down an American space launch, and for Russia to hire terrorists to attack its own experimental nuclear fusion generator and pretend to be hired by Europe.

Britain is leaving the EU so that's already on track, in other outsiders we need Israel to devastate the Middle East in nuclear war and China's economy to flatline.
At least one of those secondary ones is moderately likely, but I don't think the Arab nations are about to mount another attack on Israel anytime soon. ISIS keeps all spare ammunition in the middle east focused on them, and the civil war in general does not seem like it'll wrap up in the next year. And Israel getting fast and loose with the nukes requires them to be under invasion.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:05:24 am by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 1249