Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389248 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17580 on: January 16, 2017, 07:31:37 pm »

@reelya Are there any cited sources of direct statistics? The article is originally from the New York Post, which is the NYTs gossip sibling, so, kind of have to take it with a grain of salt. I don't see any links that connect directly to the cited data itself.

It's almost yelling 'the sky is falling' without giving any concrete data.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17581 on: January 16, 2017, 07:34:49 pm »

Read "Blinded by the Right" by David Brock to get a better idea of that.

Dinesh D'Souza got his start writing right-wing college papers funded by big conservative donors. So in other words they're the college version of FOX News but funded by outside corporations. That's the "pathway" by which they groom "talent" such as D'Souza and Ann Coulter and others like them.

Hey I got a laugh out of this article:
https://newrepublic.com/article/121105/dinesh-dsouzas-anti-black-racism-rooted-national-review
I have two shameful family secrets. The first is that when I was growing up, almost all gatherings of my extended clan would include buckets and buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken, a staple of our diet. The second and more serious source of self-mortification is that some of my kin—almost all of whom hail from rural India—sometimes vent anti-black racism.

These two focal points of embarrassment merged when I was 19 and went on a KFC run with a cousin I will call Amandeep. As our car glided into the parking lot, we saw a black family exiting the fast food joint. “Boy, black people sure love fried chicken,” Amandeep muttered.
Racism among South Asians has some peculiar qualities; it’s not so much hatred of the other but the hatred of the almost-the-same, akin to a sibling rivalry. At the heart of this sort of immigrant racism is the desire to differentiate oneself from the group one could easily be identified with. As it happens, Amandeep is one of the most dark-hued members of my family. When he was small, his nickname in India was “kala” (Punjabi for black). I’ve sometimes thought that some discomfort at being labeled black contributed to his racial fixations.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 07:40:35 pm by Reelya »

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17582 on: January 16, 2017, 09:40:52 pm »

Hey guys how much will I understand American politics more if I watch the movie "Hillary's America"?
Im not a fan of horror movies
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17583 on: January 16, 2017, 10:07:33 pm »

@reelya Are there any cited sources of direct statistics? The article is originally from the New York Post, which is the NYTs gossip sibling, so, kind of have to take it with a grain of salt. I don't see any links that connect directly to the cited data itself.

It's almost yelling 'the sky is falling' without giving any concrete data.

Well looking into previous data, it might be a case that it's hyping stuff up that's fairly normal. Back in 2013, 2 million Americans were changing jobs every month, and back then they labeled it an "epidemic"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alanhall/2013/03/11/im-outta-here-why-2-million-americans-quit-every-month-and-5-steps-to-turn-the-epidemic-around/#55e06dfdf9fe
But now, they're spinning 2-3 million people changing jobs per month as an economic victory and a sign things are on the mend. So the 180 degree shift in the rhetoric could be trying to buff the incoming administration.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:09:52 pm by Reelya »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17584 on: January 16, 2017, 10:24:32 pm »

China will 'take off the gloves' if Trump continues on Taiwan, state media warns

welp

since we all know that Trump train has no breaks, RIP Taiwan
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17585 on: January 16, 2017, 10:31:00 pm »

China will 'take off the gloves' if Trump continues on Taiwan, state media warns

welp

I have two minds of this
1) China is threatening another "Non-country" with death... out of pettiness.
and
2) So... If we do go along with it... Taiwan is still not in a better place.

So... No matter who wins... Taiwan loses :P

Also once again screw China! :P
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:32:37 pm by Neonivek »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17586 on: January 16, 2017, 11:05:02 pm »

welp

I have two minds of this
1) China is threatening another "Non-country" with death... out of pettiness.
and
2) So... If we do go along with it... Taiwan is still not in a better place.

So... No matter who wins... Taiwan loses :P

Also once again screw China! :P

brakes, not breaks, just nitpicking

Yeah, Taiwan is between two rocks (or two hard places if you want to tilt the analogy that way) here.

His admin is going to have to literally be like an endless runner, dodging things right from the start.

Also, he somehow has the notion that Monday will be day one of his adminstration. What if something comes up on Sunday? hm?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17587 on: January 16, 2017, 11:08:52 pm »

Sunday isn't a business day, silly
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17588 on: January 16, 2017, 11:13:08 pm »

Sunday isn't a business day, silly

I know, but even the POTUS has stuff to do on Sunday. If he wants to take a bit to get settled in, sure, that's reasonable, but I'd imagine that the weekends are generally full of stuff to do.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17589 on: January 16, 2017, 11:35:48 pm »

Also, he somehow has the notion that Monday will be day one of his adminstration. What if something comes up on Sunday? hm?
Sunday will be solely reserved for Putin phonecalls, where he will discuss all the important issues of how Trump will help with the creation of the Slavic Russian One-Thousand-Years-Long Reich.

That and hiring hookers to piss on Obama's bed in the White House.

EDIT: Oh this is gold:

Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals ‘Said He No Longer Had to Be Politically Correct’

Connecticut Republican politician Christopher von Keyserling was arrested and charged with sexual assault after he was caught on a security camera pinching the genitals of a woman with whom he got into a political disagreement.

Von Keyserling, the 71-year-old chair of the Representative Town Meeting in Greenwich, encountered the unnamed woman in the hallway of an unnamed town facility on Dec. 8, according to the Westport Weston. She told him it was “a new world” politically, to which he allegedly replied, “I love this new world, I no longer have to be politically correct,” according to the warrant.

She told him that if he was “proud of that I can’t help you,” after which he called her a lazy, bloodsucking union employee, the warrant said. He allegedly followed her into her office, saying he wanted to talk to her co-worker. Her co-worker came into the office, refused to talk with him, and left.

The first woman attempted to do the same, at which point von Keyserling “reached in from behind to place his hand between her legs and pinch her in the groin area,” according to the police arrest warrant. She threatened to hit him if he tried to pinch her again, and he replied, “It would be your word against mine and nobody will believe you,” according to the warrant.

Police say that the incident was caught on security camera and that the footage is consistent with the events the woman described.

The woman told police she was initially hesitant to file a criminal complaint because of the risk of retribution and the public attention it might bring, according to authorities. However, she decided to do so after she later found out that von Keyserling had allegedly behaved “in a similar way with other employees.”

Von Keyserling’s lawyer told Greenwich Time: “There was a playful gesture, in front of witnesses. It was too trivial to be considered anything of significance. To call it a sexual assault is not based in reality.”
Now watch as Trump Presidential pardon's him on day 1 of his Presidency.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 12:19:06 am by Sergarr »
._.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17590 on: January 17, 2017, 12:28:42 am »

And the moron of the day award goes to...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17591 on: January 17, 2017, 01:50:42 am »

A yes, because not grabbing each other's genitals is definitely something we don't do just to be politically correct. What a complete fucking moron.

I wanted to make a correlation between his noblish name and his stupidity but I'm to early and tired to think of something good. Something something inbred privileges something.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17592 on: January 17, 2017, 01:54:36 am »

A yes, because not grabbing each other's genitals is definitely something we don't do just to be politically correct. What a complete fucking moron.

I wanted to make a correlation between his noblish name and his stupidity but I'm to early and tired to think of something good. Something something inbred privileges something.

Part of me just flat out doesn't believe the story. I mean even if the "footage is consistent"... it doesn't have audio and it doesn't have to show everything he did (Just being in the right locations)

I mean... it is another story of a person harassing a woman because of Trump... and the last one was completely false.

Not that this one is completely untrue... But it seriously sounds like she was spicing up the dialog a bit.

Either that or it is the article doing so.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:56:12 am by Neonivek »

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17593 on: January 17, 2017, 02:02:36 am »

Part of me just flat out doesn't believe the story. I mean even if the "footage is consistent"... it doesn't have audio and it doesn't have to show everything he did (Just being in the right locations)

I mean... it is another story of a person harassing a woman because of Trump... and the last one was completely false.

Not that this one is completely untrue... But it seriously sounds like she was spicing up the dialog a bit.

Either that or it is the article doing so.

I lost track, how many people have falsely claimed some sort of harassment since the election?  I know there was that one lady in Louisiana who claimed some ruffians roughed her up while chanting things about trump, but I cannot think of any others.

On the other hand, how many actual cases of people denouncing Trump while enacting violence upon their fellow man have we seen?  There was the one in Chicago recently and another one right after the election.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17594 on: January 17, 2017, 02:42:48 am »

Hey so I found an act for Trump's Inauguration:

He's already done "the Star-Spangled Banner"; Then you follow that up with "My Country 'tis of Thee." The only problem is that it includes "Trump of glad jubilee" in that version of the lyrics. Although I love the irony, there's every chance that Trump will take it as positive.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 ... 1249