Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389215 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17595 on: January 17, 2017, 03:09:40 am »

My country 'tis of thee,
A land of Poverty,
with VIPs ++

Land where my farm has died*
Land the big firms bribe
o'rseen by a huge back-side
Our people scream

--

*due to runaway climate change, resulting in increased aridification in some areas, and transformation into wetlands in others.

++ where 8 individual people have more wealth than the bottom 1/2 of the world's population, and are convinced they are not rich enough.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 03:12:40 am by wierd »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #17596 on: January 17, 2017, 05:12:11 am »

A yes, because not grabbing each other's genitals is definitely something we don't do just to be politically correct. What a complete fucking moron.

I wanted to make a correlation between his noblish name and his stupidity but I'm to early and tired to think of something good. Something something inbred privileges something.

Part of me just flat out doesn't believe the story. I mean even if the "footage is consistent"... it doesn't have audio and it doesn't have to show everything he did (Just being in the right locations)

I mean... it is another story of a person harassing a woman because of Trump... and the last one was completely false.

Not that this one is completely untrue... But it seriously sounds like she was spicing up the dialog a bit.

Either that or it is the article doing so.

I lost track, how many people have falsely claimed some sort of harassment since the election?  I know there was that one lady in Louisiana who claimed some ruffians roughed her up while chanting things about trump, but I cannot think of any others.

On the other hand, how many actual cases of people denouncing Trump while enacting violence upon their fellow man have we seen?  There was the one in Chicago recently and another one right after the election.

^ see, news outlets spent months crying everything as fake and now no-one trust anything anymore - the whole crusade was lose-lose from the beginning, and it'll take a while to recover. (disclaimer: my opinion in this case is that while the story seems spiced up it might be somewhat true)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: January 17, 2017, 05:15:35 am »

Sensationalism sells eyeballs, which is what news outlets REALLY want.  Truth, factual reporting, journalistic integrity, all those things come second or third to selling eyeballs.

When sensationalism is the currency of the media, that is when fake news (PURE sensationalism, NO real content) and bad journalism (real story with sensationalism embellished onto it to make it more juicy) become so difficult to tell apart. It's the realworld analog to poes law, just applied to news.

Luke_The_Hungry

• Bay Watcher
  • I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #17598 on: January 17, 2017, 07:07:49 am »

Of course, we're just getting what we're paying for: jack squat. Every news outlet moved onto the internet because of an expanding userbase while TV and Paper shrink, but what's the revenue there? People are still in the mind set that stuff online needs to be free (I get it, dial up sucked (still does) and anything you had to pay for was not worth it if even a picture could take minutes to load) and internet ads are virtually worthless unless you can routinely get millions of clicks/views. You might notice that those who aren't having this problem are those that actually have a proper subscription, but obviously those who don't have the money will not bother or try to find ways around it.

This then causes what you would expect: companies trying to find way to increase profit by cutting corners, overworking their existing employees, and pushing labor on the consumer. Obviously we bitch about it, but much like the transformer movies people keep coming back to them. We can say that it's immoral and that they should have a higher standard... but you can't eat morals and standards, so doing something that might lose them money (And therefore their job) is counter to the capitalist system that it's built on. Especially when we don't demand the same standards from bloggers when they pull the same BS  :P

As for the article? Wouldn't surprise me. Some people seem to think that "Political Correctness" include basic human decency and kindess. Must be the same mental shortcut that makes people think that "brutal honesty" means "Whatever rolling crap comes out of my mouth"
"Make them supper!" "ALIEN BEANS"

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: January 17, 2017, 07:43:26 am »

Still hoping, against all odds, that Trump will hold these two promises : repel surveillances laws and fight back lawless globalists.
If he does that, I think I'll laught non-stop for a week. If he propose a better alternative to Obamacare, I'll become a militant for him.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17600 on: January 17, 2017, 07:45:19 am »

When did he promises to repel surveillance laws?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: January 17, 2017, 08:05:47 am »

Things like this : http://uk.businessinsider.com/trump-overhaul-top-intelligence-agencies-cia-dni-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

It's a pipe dream, if anything he'll expand them, in all probability. I'm also testing if I have Neonivek-like powers.
Because if he does all three, it'll pretty much be proved that this forum has the ability to control the world.
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: January 17, 2017, 09:32:16 am »

A yes, because not grabbing each other's genitals is definitely something we don't do just to be politically correct. What a complete fucking moron.

I wanted to make a correlation between his noblish name and his stupidity but I'm to early and tired to think of something good. Something something inbred privileges something.

the sentence for his misbehavior must be exemplary.

Christopher von Keyserling, you have been found guilty of  being a complete fucking moron. I decree that you be
hung by your underdeveloped testicles until dead.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: January 17, 2017, 10:47:58 am »

BTW Trump just tweeted about how great Ivanka is, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to know his own daughter's twitter handle so he instead tweeted about how great some random British chick called Ivanka is:
http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/social/donald-trump-mistakenly-tweets-random-ivanka-instead-of-own-daughter/news-story/9d0a929ee1a40e708f1508abf35cf129
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/821177307708661761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

As for the fake news: I think we're sort of missing the tier of fake news they are really talking about. Which is not regular media that's gone online and gone click-baity, it's because the cost of publication has gone so low that "mock" news sources can appear to be the real thing. Some 13 year old with a few photoshop skills can effectively create a fake news article, create a fake site, then post that on facebook and get tens of millions of people to see their "story" with the same billing given to a detail investigative journalism piece which involved months of research. That's fundamentally different to the newspaper or TV era.

So that's where the real crud crept in. Facebook and similar got rid of human source-checking and didn't replace it with algorithms smart enough to tell a "fly-by-night" web front end from a news journal. So it's beyond "is this good journalism" or "did they put too much trust in this source" or "was this dog who does Obama impressions really newsworthy", or even "why are they still trying to find new angles on this tired story".

All those are questionable types of news items, but the "Fake News" is about what is fundamentally a "news source" at all in the social media age. Basically it's at the level that National Inquirer type headlines are now getting equal billing with stuff sourced from AP or Reuters, and that's actually worrying no matter what side of the political fence you are on.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:29:51 am by Reelya »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: January 17, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »

Guns in Violin Case, Other Weapons Found Along Potomac in DC
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/guns-violin-case-weapons-found-potomac-dc-44559758

dafuc? even if it's just a scare tactics, you amuricans are seriously crazy

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: January 17, 2017, 01:10:08 pm »

To be honest regular media often twist news so much that is it downright fake news as well.

And it is a way more dangerous form of fake news because there are hints of truth to it.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: January 17, 2017, 01:36:17 pm »

Apparently, the polls that showed trumps severe drop in approval over sampled democrats by a lot.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: January 17, 2017, 02:07:52 pm »

well, haven't the public already learned to mistrust polls? https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: January 17, 2017, 02:08:55 pm »

Guns in Violin Case, Other Weapons Found Along Potomac in DC
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/guns-violin-case-weapons-found-potomac-dc-44559758

dafuc? even if it's just a scare tactics, you amuricans are seriously crazy

Almost certainly a gang stockpile. Gangs in that entire region of the US are engaged in what can best be described as open warfare due to the profits they stand to gain from illegal drugs, guns, occasionally slaves, and other illicit activities. The weapons were discovered almost two weeks ago, so it is very unlikely that this is anything to do with the inauguration, as only an idiot would pre-position equipment that far in advance.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: January 17, 2017, 02:11:15 pm »

To be honest regular media often twist news so much that is it downright fake news as well.

And it is a way more dangerous form of fake news because there are hints of truth to it.

That's not "downright fake" news, it's biased. If it presents facts, it's not fake, regardless how it's spun.

Fake news is entirely fabricated, and has no truth to it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1172 1173 [1174] 1175 1176 ... 1249