Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394292 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13965 on: November 25, 2016, 06:40:29 pm »

I wonder how they'll do it in Pennsylvania, I think I read that all of them were done by machine and none of them had paper output to check.

I suppose they could check the software against a master copy and look for alterations, provided that the master copy is the same version that's supposed to be on the machines.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:55:01 pm by smjjames »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13966 on: November 25, 2016, 06:54:53 pm »

36 more days till the 2016 ride ends.  This ride ain't over till its over.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13967 on: November 25, 2016, 07:00:31 pm »

No. 2016 transcends time. It shall only end when it ceases, not on the demands of mortal conceit.

Our suffering is not yet enough.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13968 on: November 25, 2016, 07:04:59 pm »

I wonder how they'll do it in Pennsylvania, I think I read that all of them were done by machine and none of them had paper output to check.

I suppose they could check the software against a master copy and look for alterations, provided that the master copy is the same version that's supposed to be on the machines.

Nope. Vote altering (or generating) malware could delete itself after it finishes.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13969 on: November 25, 2016, 07:09:35 pm »

36 more days till the 2016 ride ends.  This ride ain't over till its over.

Did you not observe the Florida 2000 recount? It could take more than a month. Actually, it wasn't even finished when it was forced to stop. This time, the Republicans would be fools to try and stop because it's the integrity of the vote that's at stake.

Nope. Vote altering (or generating) malware could delete itself after it finishes.

Hm. That's what they get for not having a paper trail, but then, could the vote altering/generating malware also affect the paper trail? A vote generating malware would show up as a discrepancy vs the number of people who voted, not sure how a vote altering malware would be discovered.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 07:11:31 pm by smjjames »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13970 on: November 25, 2016, 07:42:54 pm »

http://elections.wi.gov/node/4436

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/25/politics/green-party-recount-wisconsin/index.html

Hopefully they can get the recount and audit done before the EC vote happens. Unfortunately, those of us who watched the 2000 elections, we saw how long that took, and those were just a couple counties. So, no guarantee it'll be done by then.

Edit: Pikaia is more of a great aunt, there were already primitive fish when it was alive.
It's controversial whether or not Pikaia is actually a chordate, but far from certain that it isn't. You might be part of those mouthbreathing tunicates, but my people were noble little wormfish and I'll thank you to not insult them again!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13971 on: November 25, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »

Pikaia could very well belong to a line of chordates or hemichordates that died out with no living descendants, or even something alltogether different.

http://elections.wi.gov/node/4436

Oh hey, that little known third party candidate with the spanish name cares about vote integrity too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:07:41 pm by smjjames »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13972 on: November 25, 2016, 08:46:35 pm »

Hmm..  I have a lot of notorious ancestors. It looks like a who's who list. Would not believe it myself if it wasn't supported by census data.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13973 on: November 25, 2016, 09:16:10 pm »

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/11/25/2310225/trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn-had-forbidden-internet-connection-at-the-pentagon-says-report

According to The New Yorker, President-elect Donald Trump's national security advisor, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, installed a secret internet connection into his office at the Pentagon even though it was "forbidden." Business Insider reports: The network connection was among other rules the former chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency broke because he found them to be "stupid," including sometimes sneaking out of a CIA station in Iraq without authorization and sharing classified information with NATO allies without approval, according to The New Yorker.

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/11/25/2051218/russian-propaganda-effort-helped-spread-fake-news-during-election-experts-say

According to the Washington Post, the "fake news" phenomenon that circulated thousands of phony stories during the election was aided by a sophisticated Russian propaganda effort that aimed to punish Democrat Hillary Clinton, help Republican Donald Trump and undermine faith in American democracy. Slashdot reader xtsigs shares with us an excerpt from the Washington Post's report:

The flood of "fake news" this election season got support from a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign that created and spread misleading articles online with the goal of punishing Democrat Hillary Clinton, helping Republican Donald Trump and undermining faith in American democracy, say independent researchers who tracked the operation. Russia's increasingly sophisticated propaganda machinery -- including thousands of botnets, teams of paid human "trolls," and networks of websites and social-media accounts -- echoed and amplified right-wing sites across the Internet as they portrayed Clinton as a criminal hiding potentially fatal health problems and preparing to hand control of the nation to a shadowy cabal of global financiers.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 09:21:16 pm by Reelya »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13974 on: November 25, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/11/25/2310225/trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn-had-forbidden-internet-connection-at-the-pentagon-says-report

According to The New Yorker, President-elect Donald Trump's national security advisor, retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, installed a secret internet connection into his office at the Pentagon even though it was "forbidden." Business Insider reports: The network connection was among other rules the former chief of the Defense Intelligence Agency broke because he found them to be "stupid," including sometimes sneaking out of a CIA station in Iraq without authorization and sharing classified information with NATO allies without approval, according to The New Yorker.

Do you want to leak top-secret government files? Because this is how you leak top secret government files.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13975 on: November 25, 2016, 09:23:48 pm »

Can we please fire Trump, Pence, and etc. on down...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13976 on: November 25, 2016, 09:29:18 pm »

Do you want to leak top-secret government files? Because this is how you leak top secret government files.

Sounds pretty damning, and even more problematic than Hillarys emails, which look like a brainfart compared to those allegations which are clearly willful.

Too bad that position doesn't require Senate confirmation. *wikis up previous national security advisors to see if any had problems (I'm sure one or two may have) and how it got dealt with*.

Can we please fire Trump, Pence, and etc. on down...

That's called impeaching, and there's nothing the Senate can impeach Pence for, or would be willing to.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13977 on: November 25, 2016, 09:30:18 pm »

Dammit.

Here's hoping this recount turns something up...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13978 on: November 25, 2016, 09:31:39 pm »

Flynn probably needed that line to talk to his boss.

In Russia, geddit?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13979 on: November 25, 2016, 09:33:20 pm »

doubtful. As Silver pointed out, the 'suspicious' trend vanishes on cursory examination. I dont fault being thorough, but I have very little faith in it turning up massive malfeasance at the ballot box.

As for Clinton's use of private email and unsecure cellphones not being willful-- What rock have you been under? This is a recurring thread when it comes to the "powerful elite".  Rules are for OTHER people, dont you know.
Pages: 1 ... 930 931 [932] 933 934 ... 1249