Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394230 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #13935 on: November 24, 2016, 02:52:07 pm »

Not sure why you're asking about tanks though.
If it turns out that Trump won via FSB hacking, and the Red Republican Congress refuses to admit it and will still consider him the legitimate President, Obama might have to need to pull out tanks and shoot the... how did you call it, Capitol Hill? Yeah, shoot it until the Congress surrenders.

That looks like an office building, not the dwelling of the head of state. Then again, Soviet archetectural tastes I guess.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13936 on: November 24, 2016, 02:54:21 pm »

Drones ain't nearly as photogenic, though.

Also, they're remotely controlled, which isn't good in a chaotic situation like that.

But really, it was the Spec Ops that have really took over the White House in Russia in 1993 (group "Alpha"), it'll be Spec Ops (SEALs, I guess?) that would take over the Capitol Hill in the end, too.

WHen will we have rocket-guided suicide drones capable of carrying heavier payloads than standard drones, with go-pros attached so we can watch the faces of the civilians terrorists that are about to blow up?

But honestly though, if there is something to this fraud, great for them to challenge it. If they're isn't, then good on them for double-checking in this close election cycle where the popular vote had such a wide margin compared to the electoral vote.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13937 on: November 24, 2016, 02:57:17 pm »

That looks like an office building, not the dwelling of the head of state. Then again, Soviet archetectural tastes I guess.
USSR was often called a country-wide corporation, so it makes sense for the political leadership to fit in an office block.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13938 on: November 24, 2016, 03:02:39 pm »

Soviet architecture was always kind of butt ugly though.

Except for the statues, the statues were p kawaii. Oddly enough the ones about lenin and stalin were always the ugliest ones.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13939 on: November 24, 2016, 03:13:06 pm »

Soviet architecture was always kind of butt ugly though.
Spoiler: no ;_; (click to show/hide)
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13940 on: November 24, 2016, 03:18:03 pm »

I'm not one to question your taste for phallic architecture.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13941 on: November 24, 2016, 03:25:22 pm »

Especially not in the ameripol thread, politics thread for the land of the washington memorial, contender for the largest strongest dong erected for a dead man.

... that said, if there was actual solid evidence -- something that only the furthest right of right-wing nutjobs could deny with a straight face -- of foreign hackers swinging states, I'm about 80% sure what you would see would be a lot of very, very pissed off conservatives, never mind the rest of the country. Do remember that for all they've been kinda' shrugging at trump fellating russia, the GOP is still the party of nationalist xenophobes. They can doublethink their way through a lot but they'll also flip and start screaming for very literal murder at the drop of the right sort of hat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13942 on: November 24, 2016, 04:07:58 pm »

On a side note, are there any tank divisions in close proximity to the... in what building does Congress do their deed?
Arlington, Virginia has always been described to me as the capital of the military to me, given that it has the Pentagon and military bases and DARPA and such, and Arlington is so close to DC it was actually the other part of the half-square DC forms. Regardless, violence at the capital seems unlikely.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13943 on: November 24, 2016, 06:05:41 pm »

Maybe someone will get beaten with a cane in congress again
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13944 on: November 24, 2016, 06:16:26 pm »

Especially not in the ameripol thread, politics thread for the land of the washington memorial, contender for the largest strongest dong erected

B..but... It's too big!  :-[

It's amazing how expensive a recount in a single state is, though not compared to the federal budget, but since a candidate has to pay for it...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13945 on: November 24, 2016, 06:20:51 pm »

Especially not in the ameripol thread, politics thread for the land of the washington memorial, contender for the largest strongest dong erected

B..but... It's too big!  :-[

It's amazing how expensive a recount in a single state is, though not compared to the federal budget, but since a candidate has to pay for it...

Probably to dissuade candidates from demanding recounts every election in every state
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13946 on: November 24, 2016, 08:17:30 pm »

I mean. The thing is isp you seem to be falling into that trap of thinking it was maybe somehow better in the years before. TV, radio, print media. Same things, even fewer upsides or ability to crosscheck et al, so forth, so on. If we're more asleep at the wheel than usual it's not by much, and the ability to move things in other directions is considerably more of a thing.

It's just, y'know. It's easier to see just how much of a thing it is, nowadays, and there's less filter/memory loss involved.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13947 on: November 24, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »

You didn't finish your vitamin e thing. A study testing whether excessive vitamin e does what?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13948 on: November 24, 2016, 08:39:01 pm »

What makes fivethirtyeight trustworthy? Where can I find the independent vetting?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13949 on: November 24, 2016, 10:13:16 pm »

Well hell, I recall hearing something about that but never quite knew just how far into quackland that multivitamin chugging was. Fuck, gotta tell the folks about that. Still a good reminder that alternative medicine would just be called medicine if it worked, though it did get rid of Jobs, shame it couldn't kill Apple too.

Ooh, wait, fucking Pence man... I gotta root for Trump to stay healthy because of that hateful piece of shit?
Pages: 1 ... 928 929 [930] 931 932 ... 1249