Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58587 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2016, 08:57:11 pm »

The same reason I would have used to kill you, Tiruin, TheDarkStar, Dustan, or him. Or anybody else.

The town can afford losses(for the moment), the scum can't.

I don't understand why we're accepting that a vig would just hipshoot N1.
It's sparked conversation, has it not? It ended with scum dead, did it not? Would you prefer Dustan being alive?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 31, 2016, 08:57:41 pm »

Sorry for taking so long to respond to everyone I was avoiding this and trying to relax on Saturday and this was the first time I could post today.

First off Someone has blocked my vote or I just don't have one, however my role doesn't say I don't have a vote so I think someone blocked it. 

Next FoU

fillipk: are you Jotunn, or are you not Jotunn?
Yes, I was avoiding saying this earlier incase my trigger prevented me asking someone to say Jotun, however I realized I asked FoU to say it so yeah.  Basically what happened is that I lost my memory when I crashed to Earth and I am a survivor trying to figure out who I am.  I'm pretty sure Jotun is still the trigger but most likely I can't ask for it in the same day nudge nudge wink wink

Now TMS
@filipk. I noticed you said that you couldn't target Dustan's since he was dead and had to pick another target. Wtf are u talking about?
WTF are you talking about.  I never said this I said I was redirected and blocked.
Wait.

Didn't Filipk claim a roleblock?

So someone had to have roleblocked him... Since FoU didn't talk about anything happening to him besides the redirect.

Anyone claiming that roleblock?

Yes I did, however I can't roleblock myself.  What do you hope to get by asking this question?

Now Juicebox
@griffinpup
fillipk

goddamn do you need to format your posts :P

Spoiler: spoiler 'cause christ (click to show/hide)

More in a bit, don't want to lose all the work I put into reformatting that...

This post from hector explains most of my points about fillipk nicely. While fillipk didn't claim FoU as vig, he also did not consider that as a possibilty either.

As for what I mean by Moonlit Shadows' information being good is that most of it has been corroborated by others. Since this is a PFP and my power is our any other links you want will have to wait until later
Juicebox this is blatant bandwagoning and just plain laziness.  I'm going to put a vote on you till you elaborate on why your voting me, even though my vote probably means nothing.  I really want to ask you to do something Hector hasn't already asked you to do so respond to this post right now in your own words.

Now Hector
You did have the quotes you were responding to, as well as everything else in those quotes that had been quoted prior to you quoting it. I'm not making a big deal out of it, I was commenting on the god-awful formatting you did :P

I will, however, make a big deal out of you thinking that was worth commenting on. Considering one of the things I'm pressuring you over is active lurking, I was hoping you would take it to heart and post content instead of nonsense.

I await - with bated breath - your response to my questions and accusations. I will remind you if you forget.
I understand your issue on my formatting now and I will think about it when responding also sorry for making a big deal out of it I saw the wrong face emote at the time.  However as I stated I the post you are responding to I was bringing up an issue I saw with the vote count while posting from my phone so I wasn't going to make a big post like this as it would be badly formatted.  However it would be easy to address that in the vote post so why not.

And this one too. He's quite obviously referring to your role in the previous game, the one with the Clone Lord. The game you have also referenced before
Obviously
Your play on D2 has been all about finding the PRs. There's very likely at least one more scum out there, and maybe one or two scum-allies. We don't need to figure out PRs now, maybe not even tomorrow.
Normally I would agree with you however I didn't start trying to reveal who had what power besides what powers I had until moonlight accused Tiruin of using purple magic, FoU corroborated this claim and I used that and my own role flavor to make a case that FoU tried to kill me insinuating that we shouldn't be congratulating him as there was no mafia kill and he didn't target mafia.  I haven't revealed anyone else's role or even tried to figure that out, just speculating, TMS is the one that has been asking people to claim.
What makes you think I am lying or telling a half-truth? What would it mean if I was lying or telling a half-truth?
It would mean you have a power.  I think your lying based on the amount of powers that have been claimed to exist or can be figured out to exist.  I'm not going to list them but there are at least 7-9 that were used last night.(I can list them all if you want and explain why I think they exist)
Why do you need an intro to pressure anyone? Why is my claim so interesting to you?

Speculation doesn't turn into pressure, because it's speculation. It may turn into an addendum to pressure ("so-and-so thought this a few days back, it makes sense now") further down the line, but we're in D2, and you seem much more interested in PRs than scum. Why?
The intro to pressure is to avoid inflating the post count when the person I'm pressuring decides to ask why I am pressuring them with that specifically.  While its not always useful I figured that me saying I don't believe you are a vanilla townie would insinuate I had some sort of investigative roles and I wanted to avoid that.  I have a hard time figuring out people's motives,  yeah I know what scummy behavior looks like and yeah I'll question people who act like scum however most of the people in this game are too good to have scummy behavior.  So I'm looking into power roles this game as a way to find scum since it seems easier, however I'm not revealing who has what without reason.  The reason I talked about FoU's powers and Tiruins is because I was pointing out FoU used a kill at me on night one and hit scum as a happy accident.  He turned out to act like a vig later and I don't blame him for shooting me.
What makes you think he's a redirector? There are more than just a redirector role that can make you switch targets.

How is it helpful to the town to reveal that he may be a redirector?
The flavor text said I was redirected and I wasn't familiar with the bus driver role. The name of the role doesn't matter as much as what the power does, which I explained.  It was helpful to the town because it brought up the fact that FoU might be scum which got us to discuss that and figure out that maybe he's not scum and actually a vig who shot on night one.
how do you even know this is the case?
you cannot possibly know this, and you cannot possibly deduce it from the available information, or at least the information you've announced publicly.
My role flavor said I was redirected with purple magic to target FoU, FoU claimed to have been redirected with Purple magic.  Also this quote
Quote from: The Moonlit Shadow
3. It has context with FoU and Filipk. FoU targeted Filipk, I know that, and Filipk says he targeted Dustan. So what happened was that FoU targeted Dustan, but he was roleblocked by Filipk. - not ture
I extrapolated from this info on the nature of the power and used it to attack FoU for trying to kill me when there appeared to not be a mafia kill unless mafia hit mafia.
What? Where did you answer the question? We wouldn't be having this conversation had you answered the question previously. What?
If I had to pick one person it would be TDS but I'm not 100% certain which post specifically makes me think that which is why I'm not voting him yet.  I'll nail down that vote when I'm more sure.
It was the sentence at the end of a post I don't blame you for missing it.  My answer was originally Dustan but he died.  I delayed to figure out a new answer.
Why do people need you to point things out to them?

Why do they need to react to it at all? Will it help find other scum/scum-allies?
I don't know you need me to point out a lot of things I say in my posts so maybe other people need me to bring up an obvious contradiction.  In hindsight though it is a stupid useless thing to bring up
How is knowing how many PRs are in the game useful?
So we can figure out when people who claim to not have power roles are lying.
Because he was trying to kill ME not Dustan.  He got Dustan by happy accident and he didn't claim vig right after Dustan died.  Don't give FoU more credit then he deserves.

Right now it looks like Fallacy tried to kill me and got redirected into Dustan.  I should mention there [was no mafia kill unless mafia targeted the other mafia.  Also I'm 99% sure that FoU knows exactly what I'm talking about in regards to the ice powers and is playing coy with me.  I'm opening the question up to anyone.

Perhaps you would like to reconcile these two statements?

If the second one is true, FoU is not scum. Why are you voting non-scum?
I see no need to reconcile these statements or answer the second question.  Why do you need me to point out the 6 words after the part you bolded which if you had seen would have made both questions useless.
I'm also curious why you think FoU is the one being coy, when you're the one who has been playing dumb and asking him wtf he's talking about re: Jotunn. It looks like you're trying to invent stuff to use against FoU now, instead of using what you have available.
Near the top of this post

That should be everything.  My main suspicions right now are Hector for his vanilla townie claim and Juicebox for his bandwagoning.  Yes they are both voting me, I do not care about that fact, I do not even care if you chose to lynch me all I care is that these two respond to this post.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 31, 2016, 09:04:32 pm »

Let's hear from some of the players...
BHK:  What flavor hints have you picked up so far?
fillipk:  Do you have a normal wincon?
Fallacy:  Did something happen to you last night?
Juicebox:  What do you think happened to the mafia kill?
Yes but not necessarily a town one.  I'm 99% positive that will change once someone activates my hidden passive ability.
Forgot to mention that Juicebox failed to bring this up when he voted me since and instead just copied Hector's well written long post.  You lost easy points juice since I basically claim not to be town.  This is why I'm voting him and not hector because at least hector puts effort into his posts.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 31, 2016, 09:10:02 pm »

Would you prefer Dustan being alive?

That's irrelevant because you got redirected.

fillipk: What do you think of FoU right now regarding his scumminess?

Tiruin: I can confirm the green rock because I saw it in the sky last night. I'll add that I felt sick looking at it, so it might be dangerous.

fillipk:  Do you have a normal wincon?
Yes but not necessarily a town one.  I'm 99% positive that will change once someone activates my hidden passive ability.
Forgot to mention that Juicebox failed to bring this up when he voted me since and instead just copied Hector's well written long post.  You lost easy points juice since I basically claim not to be town.  This is why I'm voting him and not hector because at least hector puts effort into his posts.

PPE: Fillipk: You appear to be claiming third party. What is your wincon? I'm curious because I've seen/played third parties with wincons completely opposed to the town that weren't suspected until it was too late.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:57 pm »

FoU:  Please explain why your vig play is different then an SK play.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 31, 2016, 09:52:59 pm »

The same reason I would have used to kill you, Tiruin, TheDarkStar, Dustan, or him. Or anybody else.

The town can afford losses(for the moment), the scum can't.

I don't understand why we're accepting that a vig would just hipshoot N1.
It's sparked conversation, has it not? It ended with scum dead, did it not? Would you prefer Dustan being alive?
You killed Dustan on a complete fluke. If not for someone else's intervention, you may very well have taken out a townie. Dustan being scum doesn't justify that hipshot.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 31, 2016, 10:43:38 pm »

PPE: Fillipk: You appear to be claiming third party. What is your wincon? I'm curious because I've seen/played third parties with wincons completely opposed to the town that weren't suspected until it was too late.
I think FoU is a vig and not scummy at all, hence I unvoted.  Second, sorry if it wasn't clear I'm a survivor my flavor suggests that when I figure out who I am, (Jotun) I will not be a survivor anymore and since I was town last game with the same character I believe I'll become town.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 31, 2016, 10:59:15 pm »

I think FoU is a vig and not scummy at all, hence I unvoted.  Second, sorry if it wasn't clear I'm a survivor my flavor suggests that when I figure out who I am, (Jotun) I will not be a survivor anymore and since I was town last game with the same character I believe I'll become town.

So if we never let you figure out who you are you remain a survivor and don't have a chance of becoming mafia/a SK? Ok.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 31, 2016, 11:07:11 pm »

Sorry for taking so long to respond to everyone I was avoiding this and trying to relax on Saturday and this was the first time I could post today.

First off Someone has blocked my vote or I just don't have one, however my role doesn't say I don't have a vote so I think someone blocked it. 
I doubt that's something a roleblock can do. o_O Mayhap, you've been silently vote-stolen. Which is an action in itself.

And yet I've no idea why you bring up Game of Clones. Ooo, claims. At least the flavor note is of good importance to information. Hey, survivor, let me back that up too! I totally believe your ideology on flavor giving hints. Next I'll claim I'm a lover and if I die, my lover turns into a SK which is evidently noted within flavor and why I keep not-so-subtly harping that I don't wanna die :^. Albeit we have no idea what happens if my lover dies instead so it was discussed it's ok that I'm open and silly with it.

I must totally be a sticker now. Now why don't we all bloody claim our flavor shall we? :I

waitwat.
Again: What relevance DOES THIS GAME HAVE IN RELATION TO ANOTHER, DIFFERENT, NON-DEUS ASMOTH GAME? I:

PPE: Can we get a bop to anyone that's not fillipk, TDS, Hector, FoU, Tiruin, BHK, griffinpup, and TMS? That's 8/10. I'm serious about me being grumpy at people who aren't that active :I (grumpiness dissapates upon giving reasonable reasons on why y'all ain't active).

Can we also get an extend? I extended first so this isn't counted into it. We need four more.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 31, 2016, 11:11:24 pm »

Now Juicebox
@griffinpup
fillipk

goddamn do you need to format your posts :P

Spoiler: spoiler 'cause christ (click to show/hide)

More in a bit, don't want to lose all the work I put into reformatting that...

This post from hector explains most of my points about fillipk nicely. While fillipk didn't claim FoU as vig, he also did not consider that as a possibilty either.

As for what I mean by Moonlit Shadows' information being good is that most of it has been corroborated by others. Since this is a PFP and my power is our any other links you want will have to wait until later
Juicebox this is blatant bandwagoning and just plain laziness. [...]
Alright, not to speak for someone else not in this game, but this someone taught me a good lesson (although how he worded it and especially the context of that game got me voting for him because he was too smooth in my eyes :P albeit a very GOOD player) [Lookin' at you, Leafsnail...miss you tons.] -- it's not a scumtell to agree with others' points if they're tangential to your own. The scumtell lies in how you communicate. I'm not speaking for Juicey or anyone--just telling what I remember (which influences me not really seeing this as bandwagoning, but makes me curious as to what juicebox' reasoning is)

PFP

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 31, 2016, 11:18:54 pm »

okay, first off unvote@hector: I was suspicious of fillipk because he seemed to be dodging around the issues, not really answering the questions he's being asked, though now that I look back, I see that that was not the case at all.

... The Moonlit Shadow, methinks you lie. Last night, I was told my target was changed. With PURPLE MAGIC in the flavor.

Explain that, HMMMM???
Same, Probably TMS's ability, which from what he's saying redirects the target to the person that their target is targeting which means you FoU, have a killing role and tried to kill me.  Unless someone else wants to claim to have targeted Dustan with a killing role.

Since this might be a bit confusing I'll try to explain it better.
A is me
B is FoU
C is TMS
D is Dustan

B targeted A who targeted D
C targeted B which made them target D and A target B
Now A is targeting B who is targeting D

D ended up dead so that means B has a killing power and was going to use it on me or someone else targeted Dustan

My main reason was because this theory of how Dustan was killed was based on several assumptions(i.e. TMS had a redirect) and failed to take into account several possibilities including the possibility that FoU could be a vig or that someone else could have redirected or roleblocked FoU.

With all this new information coming out however, I can no longer keep my vote on fillipk

@fillipk: here's my response to your most in my own words: What part of PFP and my motherf***ing power is out do you not understand? Don't bash me for not doing something when I give a legitimate reason for not doing so.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 31, 2016, 11:23:03 pm »

Extend I'm okay with an extend.

The reason I keep bringing up Game of Clones is because my character is literally the exact same character from game of Clones ice block crashing to Earth and all that.  I was trying to get people to say jot without asking them to say it to try and trigger my passive which would change my role.

I elaborated on my feelings on Juicebox in my second post i just forgot about that at first.  Also I'm sorry i didn't realize your power was out missed that part. Guess I'm going to have to unvote and go for Hector

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 31, 2016, 11:43:13 pm »

The reason I keep bringing up Game of Clones is because my character is literally the exact same character from game of Clones ice block crashing to Earth and all that.  I was trying to get people to say jot without asking them to say it to try and trigger my passive which would change my role.
Do you require the name, or do you require someone speaking of the general race? :P
Jötun!

Sér þú þenna mæki, mær,
mjóvan, málfáan,
er ek hef í hendi hér?
Fyr þessum eggjum
hnígr sá inn aldni jötunn,
verðr þinn feigr faðir!

As taken from here

Right. But in all seriousness, I'm feeling a heavy level of bastardry in the form of flavor, clues, and jolly cooperation to follow. Betting we should all work together here.

@Deus Asmoth: Please address this question, thank you!

@Everyone: I do believe each one's flavor claim will be extremely helpful here. Do note that the lynch/kill flavor merely displays the ability + alignment. I can also confirm from secret witch and mason covens chat with mAH LOVER that the same follows suit in secret chats. Meaning the Mafia may also be potentially privy to this kind of knowledge. So better to get it out in public than in closed chats.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 01, 2016, 12:26:26 am »

Do you require the name, or do you require someone speaking of the general race? :P
Jötun!

Probably just the name but I have no idea so go ahead and do whatever you want.  I would also support a flavor claim as it reveals nothing specific about your powers and I've already claimed flavor.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 01, 2016, 10:03:05 am »

Do survivors normally get PRs? Would also like to tell fillipk to stop playing against his wincon. Are there any flavour reasons you think saying the previous character's name will change your wincon?

Is there any particular reason you expect us to believe that you have the exact same role you got in the previous game? I mean, statistics man. 1/11 chance. Not impossible, but super unlikely. I don't like to use 'em often, but damn, Daniel, I'm not taking your word for it with all the other stuff you'be done that's scummy.

Also, dat last sentence. Kill the infiltrators and take revenge on who sent them. Are they among us too..?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 31