Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58567 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected
« Reply #315 on: July 27, 2016, 09:27:13 pm »

I didn't want to force a no lynch though.
Good on you.

ICE
So you're Jo'freezy again?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 27, 2016, 09:29:30 pm »

Are we sure going back over the NK is a good idea? I mean, it was a scum death, so chances are it wasn't a scum action. I'd rather we not analyze this to death and inadvertently reveal something the town can do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 27, 2016, 09:30:53 pm »

Are we sure going back over the NK is a good idea? I mean, it was a scum death, so chances are it wasn't a scum action. I'd rather we not analyze this to death and inadvertently reveal something the town can do.
We're not analyzing the NK that happened, we're analyzing the NK that didn't.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 27, 2016, 09:34:18 pm »

ICE
So you're Jo'freezy again?
i don't know can you be more specific?

Tiruin and Juicebox what do you think of all the pressure on TBF.  Personally I find it annoying the he double posts all the time but other then inflating post count I don't really see a reason to lynch him if it wasn't day one.

Methinks Dustan has some sort of power invoking the vote.  I would like you to share once you have concluded your test.

At this point he's definitely on my radar, and it might be useful to continue pressuring him. In fact, at this point I am leaning towards voting for him.

Tiruin and Juicebox what do you think of all the pressure on TBF.  Personally I find it annoying the he double posts all the time but other then inflating post count I don't really see a reason to lynch him if it wasn't day one.

Methinks Dustan has some sort of power invoking the vote.  I would like you to share once you have concluded your test.
I can tell you right now that I do not. I am just normally a bit more cautious on voting, though I am trying to adapt to meet expectations.
If you don't think that TBF is suspicious, who would you go after then, Fillipk?
Because I would be bandwagoning.  When someone else doesn't call outdone thing I find suspicious then I'll vote but until then it's bandwagoning.  Especially on the first day.

Now this is interesting to me. Like hector said,  it's like you were expecting a different question. I'd like to see your answer  to Dustan's question
Exactly the question I read was "If you think TBF is suspicious why didn't you vote them". I'll answer the actually question in a bit I just didn't want to forget about it.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2016, 09:37:06 pm »

BHK:  What flavor hints have you picked up so far?
Why ask this and me and particular, griffinpup?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2016, 09:38:43 pm »

We're not analyzing the NK that happened, we're analyzing the NK that didn't.
That's what, 8 potential NKs? Assuming one more scum, anyway, and no Mafia-allies.

My biggest fear at this point is revealing useful town actions.

Why avoid a reasonable question?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2016, 09:43:45 pm »

Why avoid a reasonable question?
I'm not, I haven't picked up any flavor hints in the game's course, but I'm wondering why they'd ask.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2016, 10:03:13 pm »

FYI, I'm getting Wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so if my responses start seeming really out loopy, that would be drugs.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »

I hope everything goes well griffinpup. As to your question, my best theory is that one of the scum, probably Dustan, was roleblocked.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2016, 10:46:58 pm »

Mod: Are there any third parties?
Now, that would be telling.

Third parties confirmed, my role is now worthless.
So this makes me curious, since nothing in his role talks about third parties but its probably just some misdirection.

As I said, you basically just asked everyone if they have a power role. This makes it look like you're a lot more interested in finding PRs than finding scum.

You're not doing so well in the early stages...
Hector: I think you are reading into it too much. he asked if we believed the entire player list all had power roles initially. I already told him that it was false (due to my role) and thus answered his question for everyone.

That said, which would you prefer: Roleblocking a person, or selecting three people, one of which dying the following night at random?
Also with this being confirmed false that makes 6 (probably seven) people out of ten with power roles, since there are 8 of us left, I have already claimed, at least two of us have powers because they targeted me, there is at least one more mafia left, probably an evil third party too (maybe they killed the mafia), and the two dead people that leaves a potential 3 people without powers.

Is there anyone except Dustan who isn't a power role?

I'm Spartacus sans power role.
So Hector do you want too stick by this statement?

Reading back I realized that I could have constructed a case on Dustan for both claiming to have a power and not have a power, but hindsight is 20/20.  Another thing is that I don't have many suspects based on the conversations of yesterday but I have a couple people whom I'm fairly certain are town.  If I had to pick one person it would be TDS but I'm not 100% certain which post specifically makes me think that which is why I'm not voting him yet.  I'll nail down that vote when I'm more sure.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2016, 10:50:48 pm »

Well that was funny.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2016, 11:25:16 pm »

Well that was funny.
I'm assuming this is your 'bah' post--otherwise known as 'the one post you can only do after you're dead, that must not contain any relevant info of the game [unless you're being vindicative like "GAH, KNEW IT" or something]'.

Mod: Are there any third parties?
Now, that would be telling.

Third parties confirmed, my role is now worthless.
So this makes me curious, since nothing in his role talks about third parties but its probably just some misdirection.
A thing about bastard mafia in this usual context is sometimes the scumteam can lead whomever to assume much more than what is. I'd not like to assume much more than that, because that's how far I'm reading into that statement.

However I did notice things in my night action. There's a batch of flavor that's usually telling much more than what our actions should do (eg I was able to see what the person I acted on was generally doing [like looking, for example]).
IMO, from my observations, it's that people are analyzing more than what's present in public (ie What's been given by DA as a result and speculating it superficially in public). Pretty strange, but it gives a handle to what's going on.

PFP, will get a better post later on.

I was sleeping at this point and what I think was it's all stuff people can get vote'y all over because of stereotypical scumtells--what's off-putting is that there's always context for these stereotypes to BE APPLIED. Someone can be defensive, that's OKAY. Someone can be shotgun-posting because someone said something implicative even before any details come forthwith, that's OKAY. What can make that not OK and a stereotypical scumtell is the context that makes it come forward. I:
Usually, people forget that tiny bit in order for their votes to stand out--but at times, that's also OK because a lynch is better than a no lynch in the first day, unless a power-heavy gave is the context (eg Implies more powers shooting off).

One big example is what's going on *here*. WHere's the context to the double posting? It could be seen as annoying but...so what? What does this entail?
And why ask me and juicebox? What about the other silent majority? What was your perception on other players at that point in time?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2016, 12:04:47 am »

What are thoughts on TDS? Only person to be voting for Dustan.

"Told you so." :P

FoU: What happened to you last night?

Everyone: Did something happen to you last night that looks like it could have happened to everyone?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2016, 01:26:50 am »

Everyone: Did something happen to you last night that looks like it could have happened to everyone?
Yes.
Is there a purpose to this question or...?
Because I received flavor last night. o_o
FoU: What happened to you last night?
Why so specific?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2016, 08:31:31 am »

@Tiruin: Do you believe in magic? Say... purple magic?

Or perhaps a machine... like radar locks and... more advanced targeting system.
Why an investigative claim so early, Moonlit?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31