Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58543 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2016, 11:03:38 am »

I'm voting FoU unless there is some sort of vote manipulation.
I'm posting from phone so I'm not even going to try to respond to anything yet, except one thing.  Hector just because a post is long doesn't mean it's not formatted.  Sure I don't have a label for everyone I'm responding to which I will start doing but I broke the quotes up and responded to each in particular so stop making the issue a bigger deal than it is.
I fking found it Filipk.

Actually, that wasn't quite as much work as I thought it would be.
So now what have you got to say?

Second thing: You see, Tiruin's action would've made you target FoU with your roleblock. Now can you see what I'm getting at here?

Also: Don't u wanna stay Survivor? Scum won't be out to kill you, and u changing to town doesn't mean any of us will know it and treat you differently. If you manage to convince us that ur a Survivor, why try to turn Town
First, the point you brought up was a badly worded answer to a question from the first day on who I found suspicious, My original answer was Dustan and he died at night so I had to pick a new answer sorry for the confusion.
Second: For maybe the fifth time I was roleblocked last night.  It's like the first thing I said this day.
Third:  I'm a Jailor they are out to kill me anyway.

Do survivors normally get PRs? Would also like to tell fillipk to stop playing against his wincon. Are there any flavour reasons you think saying the previous character's name will change your wincon?

Is there any particular reason you expect us to believe that you have the exact same role you got in the previous game? I mean, statistics man. 1/11 chance. Not impossible, but super unlikely. I don't like to use 'em often, but damn, Daniel, I'm not taking your word for it with all the other stuff you'be done that's scummy.

Well I usually give them someway to prevent death so yeah.  My flavor literally says I want to stay alive to figure out who I am, Well my character is Jotun who was found with no memory in a block of ice that crashed to Earth.  Sure you don't need to believe it but I can quote you the flavor all you want.  That's one step up on believing you mister no power role.

Quote from: Moonlit
Seems there's only two of us who aren't part of Eleven, so unless there's an infiltrator I'm not inclined to believe that, Filipk scum .
Is it too hard to believe that I was recruited by the 11 because they recognized me as part of the original Guardians.

Tiruin I remember you implying that your doctor lover saved someone, who did they save?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 01, 2016, 12:01:20 pm »

So here's my thoughts:  FoU.  He has a confirmed/claimed kill role.  Moreover, he's using that kill role like mafia/SK.  It looks like we have a couple roleblocks running around, so if FoU is actually vig, then tomorrow we can cross-check those who were roleblocked.  If choosing, I'd prefer to prioritize saving PR's that can protect/heal over PR's that kill.

Juicebox:  What new information made you drop your vote?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2016, 12:36:12 pm »

You realize you're forcing a no-lynch with that vote griffinpup?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected.
« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2016, 01:16:38 pm »

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar           [ 0]     
-hector13                [ 1]: fillipk
-Griffinpup               [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal      [ 0]
-fillipk                    [ 2]: hector13, TheMoonlitShadow
-Tiruin                    [ 0]
-juicebox                [ 0]: griffinpup,
-The Moonlit Shadow[ 0]
-FallacyofUrist         [ 2]: TheDarkStar, griffinpup

Day ends Monday the 1st at 22:00, 6 hours from now.

Votes to extend: 3/5
(Tiruin, fillipk, TheMoonlitShadow)
[/quote]

DA: You mentioned we can possibly interact with flavor. Mayhap, if in a hypothetical situation I have an ability--auto or otherwise, that seemingly can be physically interacted with (eg Thrown), may I possibly do so? Does this replace my night action? Can it be a day action?
Unless an auto or event gives you a usable ability that allows you to interact with something, you can't interact with it in that way.

Again: What relevance DOES THIS GAME HAVE IN RELATION TO ANOTHER, DIFFERENT, NON-DEUS ASMOTH GAME? I:
I did run that game though. Unless it was my clone...

PPE: Can we get a bop to anyone that's not fillipk, TDS, Hector, FoU, Tiruin, BHK, griffinpup, and TMS? That's 8/10. I'm serious about me being grumpy at people who aren't that active :I (grumpiness dissapates upon giving reasonable reasons on why y'all ain't active).
There are only nine players alive at the moment, and juicebox has posted since you posted this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:19:03 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 01, 2016, 01:24:29 pm »

Unvote So can I just not vote for FoUVote Count Please.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »

griffinpup has two votes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2016, 01:46:13 pm »

hector's case against fillipk as scum:

Has made no effort to scumhunt people today, beyond asking about PRs, despite naming people of whom they were suspicious (TDS, specifically)

No scumhunting

He voted FoU because FoU tried to kill him, rather than because he thinks FoU is scum. Stops voting FoU amid claims he was "acting like a vig":

The reason I talked about FoU's powers and Tiruins is because I was pointing out FoU used a kill at me on night one and hit scum as a happy accident.  He turned out to act like a vig later and I don't blame him for shooting me.

... despite three players (TDS, myself and BHK) saying a vig should not act like that.

Miscellaneous rolefishing posts: 1, 2

Contradictory Claims

Bizarre claims re: role flavour that he's a survivor with no memory of who he was but is actually a role from DA's previous Game of Clones. These two things strike me as mutually exclusive - how can you not know who you are but know who you are?

Blatant OMGUS

The two people he finds suspicious just happen to be voting for him:
That should be everything.  My main suspicions right now are Hector for his vanilla townie claim and Juicebox for his bandwagoning.  Yes they are both voting me, I do not care about that fact, I do not even care if you chose to lynch me all I care is that these two respond to this post.

When one of them unvotes him, he moves his vote to the other
I elaborated on my feelings on Juicebox in my second post i just forgot about that at first.  Also I'm sorry i didn't realize your power was out missed that part. Guess I'm going to have to unvote and go for Hector

What If I'm Wrong? Who Cares!

Finally, he admitted to having a non-town role, later refined to survivor. His lynch won't hurt town if he's being honest, and a townie wouldn't claim a third-party role, especially one as nebulous as survivor, so he's likely a malevolent third-party or scum if he's lying.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 01, 2016, 02:16:13 pm »

You're already voting for him, so... yeah.

Presently we're going to get a no lynch. I'm not sure that's a good idea at this point.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 2; Well, That's Unexpected.
« Reply #413 on: August 01, 2016, 02:18:31 pm »

Votecount:
-TheDarkStar           [ 0]     
-hector13                [ 0]
-Griffinpup               [ 0]
-BlackHeartKabal      [ 0]
-fillipk                    [ 2]: hector13, TheMoonlitShadow
-Tiruin                    [ 0]
-juicebox                [ 0]:
-The Moonlit Shadow[ 0]
-FallacyofUrist         [ 3]: TheDarkStar, griffinpup, fillipk

Day ends Monday the 1st at 22:00, 2 hours from now.

Votes to extend: 3/5
(Tiruin, fillipk, TheMoonlitShadow)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 01, 2016, 02:20:43 pm »

Well, never mind.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 01, 2016, 06:13:12 pm »

Tired of talking, TheDarkStar jumps up and grabs FallacyofUrist, pinning him to his seat. A strange music fills the room, and TheDarkStar lets go, looking confused. FallacyofUrist stands up smirking, his eyes glowing strangely.
"Kill them," he sings. TheDarkStar turns back to his allies, raising the knife that had been used on TheBiggerFish the day before. He strides towards the others before griffinpup tackles him to the ground. As they struggle, fillipk punches FallacyofUrist in the face. TheDarkStar stops fighting as FallacyofUrist groans, holding his now broken nose.

"Enough of this," TheDarkStar says, raising the knife again, towards FallacyofUrist this time. griffinpup holds his hand over FallacyofUrist's mouth as TheDarkStar goes to work, fillipk making sure that no one else was influenced by the strange music. He bleeds like a human, unlike the last guy.

When they search his body, they find an identity card much like the one that Dustan Hache was carrying when the news crew found him. It seems that FallacyofUrist was his partner, a Special Agent Piper.

Spoiler: Role (click to show/hide)

Later that evening, Tiruin and BlackHeartKabal stand side by side, overlooking the city from the roof of the hotel.
"So, what shall we do now?" BlackHeartKabal asks her as she examines the strange green stone in her hand.
"It's not safe here anymore," she says absently. "The others are going to want to go on the offensive to prove the can hold the city."
"So you want to go somewhere else?"
Tiruin glances back at him. "You don't?"
"Perhaps it's time to stop being afraid of something you might do if something happens to me. You can make your own choices, Willow," BlackHeartKabal shrugs, absently polishing his dart gun.
"And I can choose you over the rest of the world," Tiruin answered. "But... I guess we can help the others for a while as well."

Her hand closes around the green rock, and it vanishes in a flash of purple.

Spoiler: Wisp/Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wraith/BHK (click to show/hide)

griffinpup stands alone in a closed room. It's dark for a moment before being illuminated by five holograms. He gulps. The entire Board is here.
"Now listen, I can explain-"
"Explain!?" shouts one. "We sank millions into this!"
"You promised major returns!"
"This was meant to be the start of an entire spin-off universe!"
"How are we supposed to market this?"

griffinpup backs away nervously.
"It didn't go exactly as planned, I'll admit, but the ratings for the first episode-"
"Who cares about a pilot episode? That's all we have!"
"Even Firefly got further than that!"
"How are we meant to sell merchandise based off one episode?"

A previously silent member of the board leans forwards. The others fall silent, watching nervously before it speaks.
"griffinpup," it intones, "We are afraid that we cannot justify the expenses made here. As such, we must do everything we can to cut our losses."
griffinpup begins one last attempt to salvage the situation, then vanishes in a burst of energy.

Spoiler: Executive/griffinpup (click to show/hide)

fillipk is still sitting in the foyer of the hotel. FallacyofUrist has been moved, but the place still reeks of death. He doubts that he'll ever forget it. The word Jotunn echoes in his mind. Is that who he really was? Would he have approved of siding with the Eleven? He just can't seem to remember...

He shakes his head rapidly. It doesn't matter. Whoever he was before, that's not who he is now. And now, he knows exactly who he wants to side with. Himself.

Spoiler: ? ? ?/fillipk (click to show/hide)

TheMoonlitShadow, hector13, TheDarkStar and juicebox sit around the table in what was once the main dining room of the hotel.
"So we're decided, then?" TheDarkStar asks.
"It's not enough to kill their agents," hector13 nods. "The ones who brought this on us are the ones who need to suffer."
TheMoonlitShadow shifts slightly, looking from one person to the next. "Besides," he adds, "If we let people ruled by regular humans do this, we'll just be opening ourselves to attack from actual threats."
juicebox simply nods.
"I guess we're decided, then. It's time to go on the offensive again."

Spoiler: Bulwark/TheDarkStar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nemesis/hector13 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sleeper/juicebox (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish, TheDarkStar, The Moonlit Shadow, hector13, juicebox, Tiruin, BlackHeartKabal and fillipk have won!

griffinpup, Dustan Hache and FallacyofUrist have lost!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 01, 2016, 06:15:59 pm »

PMs, flavour and hidden stuff will come tomorrow when I'm not tired and salty about the game ending before any of it even came into play. Also, no one reacted to any of my puns, which makes me sad.

Scumchat

Loverchat

Deadchat

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.
« Reply #417 on: August 01, 2016, 06:18:33 pm »

Uh, wow. Unofficial Kill Webadict Now sequel confirmed?

edit: FoU, if you want to stay anonymous, you should probably avoid the three-tilde linebreak thing that literally only you use.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:21:24 pm by Elephant Parade »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 01, 2016, 06:19:13 pm »

And it was so beautifully done.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 01, 2016, 06:20:30 pm »

Aw man, I wanted to kill FoU with my power :( else I'd have voted for him.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31