Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50

Author Topic: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks [43.05]  (Read 88334 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers II "The Return of The Mug" - Braveworks
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »

3rd Felsite, 318

I've been working indoors the past few days. Asea keeps trying to tell me the odds of those penguins shitting on me again is  one in a thousand. I don't like those odds.

5th Felsite, 318

First set of training areas is built. Assigned Nakeen and Biggerfish to work on the second.

10th Felsite, 318

Asea's starting to act odd. Claims to be a "Meatpieologist" and has been hovering around Lefton's shoulder while he cooks up things using dingo meat and hen eggs.

11th Felsite, 318

Lefton started rendering fat. Poor timing, because more dingos have been spotted. Time to pad the stocks, if you ask me. Additionally, Nakeen and Biggerfish have gotten crazy good at digging!

13th Felsite, 318

Asea and Biggerfish apparently decided they didn't like the idea of the militia having all the fun. They've each killed a dingo and  never want to witness a miner in combat again. The severed limbs were horrifying.

15th Felsite, 318

I should ask the others if anyone knows how to carve bone. Be a shame to leave all those dingo bones laying out.

20th Felsite, 318

Asea made some stands and racks for one of the barracks. I suppose when we finally have no dingos to send Morgan and Lefton after, we can let them make use of the space.

21st Felsite, 318

I really, really don't like this weather. I wish there was a way for us to control it. I'm not actually certain who this blood belongs to either; it smells like.... Off-brand Mirrorclasp mead.

25th Felsite, 318

Decided to carve some statues from petrified wood. Dwarves killing elves, goblins, and last but not least, a spawn.

1st Hematite, 318

Nakeen and Biggerfish have set to work on digging an entry stairwell. Certainly nice to not have to do the whole "Overseer" thing and tell them what to do!

4th Hematite, 318

We've struck marble! I think we know where our houses will be.

9th Hematite, 318

We really need some mugs. Everyone's sick of not having their own to use.

11th Hematite, 318

I think we need a proper tavern to socialize in. Maybe bring in mercenaries so fewer dwarves and engineers need to risk their lives. I talked with Nakeen and Biggerfish, and we hashed out a design for it.

I think it'll be pretty nice once we hollow it, smooth it, and put some fine jet furniture in it.

19th Hematite, 318

Decided to mark off a patch of trees to gather fruit from, the pear seed I choked on not withstanding, they'll be a good source fo food when Morgan runs out of Dingos to axe. Apples, pears, bayberries, apricots, plus whatever else can be dredged from the shrubbery. Good brews from all.

23rd Hematite, 318

All right, now I'm pretty sure the penguins just show up to lead dingos to their deaths.

Because now there's even more dingos. Which, of course, Lefton and Morgan are going to go and brutally murder to the last mutt to fill our bellies with delicious red meat. Even if it's just a tad gamey.

8th Malachite, 318

Been a while. Most of the time since the 23rd was spent making doors on my part. Saw something I hope to never see again: Fly people.

10th Malachite, 318

A group of lost women showed up today. Their names are Talvieno, Flame, Fallacy, and Gwolfski. Evidently they were part of a mercenary outfit that got split up during a storm, judging by the fact three out of four of them know how to use weapons decently; Morgan was absolutely giddy of course, since that means we have three extra soldiers.

Fallacy is a marksdwarf, Flame a speardwarf, and Talvieno an axedwarf. Gwolfski was their squad's cook, so I assigned her to bone carving duty. Likewise, I asked Talvieno to make us a few mugs and Fallacy to make us some other stone trinkets. I also asked Flame to take over making some basic head and body protection, since Amperzand needs the last of our bronze to arm her and Talvieno.

13th Malachite, 318

Morgan's officially inducted Fallacy, Flame, and Talvieno into the militia, taking two into her squad, and granting Fallacy a position as Sergeant of her own squad of presently-non-existent marksdwarves.

16th Galena, 318

Nothing much has happened lately. Just sort of plodding along with various projects. The tavern is finished, at least insofar as to be hollowed out. Going to have to fully task Nakeen and Biggerfish with digging out our bedrooms, or at least a temporary dormitory. I have a lot of work ahead of me on carving all the doors and furniture we'll need around the place...

All right! So we've more or less cleared summer. Most of that time was spent digging these preliminary areas, making trade goods, stocking up on dino-based products, and getting temporary stone and bone craft industries going (I'll need to relocate those before the year is out.)

We now have a tavern in need of furnishing, bedrooms for guests (in need of beds) and barracks. A few people have also received dwarves, though I admit I mainly gave Talvieno one out of respect for the absolutely catastrophic influence his side story has had.

Also accidentally left the game running in Galena while getting some food, resulting in the first two weeks being wasted, but oh well. Within the next couple days I hope to bang out the remainder of the year. Will probably get through the first month of autumn tonight.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2016, 01:45:58 pm »

Can we get some siege machines in the entreance, perhaps with the possibility of actually using them? :) (or at least fire penguins out of)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2016, 02:25:03 pm »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2016, 03:11:28 pm »

Is it possible to make bone mugs?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »

Dont think so(which is slightly sad). Bolts, on the other hand, and crossbows... Speaking of, we should probably get to work on making those sooner or later.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2016, 03:24:17 pm »

You can mod in a reaction for bone mugs, and then DFHack  it into the save. Shouldn't be difficult.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2016, 03:48:51 pm »

I don't... can't... You can do it!  ;D
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2016, 04:04:05 pm »

1. Awesome
2. Profile please

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2016, 05:24:58 pm »

Remember I said something about backstory? Well, here it is. Sorry for the length - I wanted to get over with it as soon as possible.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:34:48 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2016, 07:35:49 pm »

Am i to be dwarfed? If no, dwarf me male mechanic

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2016, 07:37:50 pm »

You be on the pending dorfs list.

Gonna add Croc's little backstory bit ot the Community Contribution post.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2016, 07:38:54 pm »

You be on the pending dorfs list.

Gonna add Croc's little backstory bit ot the Community Contribution post.

Monitor Lisard has become a Crocodile.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2016, 08:46:50 pm »

Migrants are in. Evryone but The Master, Aldraglienon, and Ilasram have been dorfed. Monitor, I included Rifa as an NPC using an alias surname, as she is "married" to Croc.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »

I recorded my first audio log for this fortress! Please take a listen, I worked pretty hard on nailing the voice acting! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7H6zISiZuc

I've also included a transcript below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2016, 09:23:38 pm »

18th Galena, 318

The militiua marches forth again to slaughter the befured menace! It'll probably take way less time now with four soldiers.

21st Galena, 318

That's 29 dingos slain now, thanks to the efforts of our valient militia. Took a few days, but still. Fresh dingo steaks for all!

28th Galena, 318

Welp, finally got a small farm set up, and seed stock for the basic crops we're used to. Need someone who has the know-how to actually till the soil, but still.

3rd Limestone, 318

Decided we need some indoor areas to breed dogs and hogs, after all how else are the militia supposed to have plenty of meatshields if they don't have a safe place for pups?

9th Limestone, 318

Seems we have visitors.

Amazed the blood rain isn't freaking them out, but uhm, that does leave one question: Why the hell are they out here of all places? This isn't even the caravan that was supposed to meet us at the original destination.

13th Limestone, 318

I've given Nakeen the job of hashing things out with the liaison while I take care of bartering with the caravan.

14th Limestone, 318

This morning Nakeen told me about some of the news. Evidently the King has sent out another two expeditions since we've left.

They also plan on coming back next year, saying they think the place has promise despite the fact we haven't gotten all our goods in place; hope they like mugs and dingo bone trinkets.

Oh, and we're out of booze.

21st Limestone, 318

Man, good thing we had an excess of mugs. Bought whatever drink they had, plus raw glass, clay, and metal ingots. Time to get back to work on blocks and such.

23rd Limestone, 318

I've declared our tavern open for business! By putting some chairs in it. Hopefully some lost brewer will stumble along so we can stock it with drinks. Gods know we have mugs a plenty. Also, it seems the traditional hat-draw of naming has yielded... Well, The Great Cup of Cups. I think someone somewhere is fucking with me.

25th Limestone, 318

Started moving beds into the new quarters in the marble, two to a room. I'm bunking with Nakeen, of course. The milita with fellow militiadwarves if possible, that sort of thing.

3rd Sandstone, 318

Curious. What's one of them doing way out here? No bases on the maps for miles around. Flame says we should keep an eye on him, and I agree.

6th Sandstone, 318

And now a Parasolian? Well, if they have bases hidden out here too, it explains the fucked up rain and flying penguins. In other news, The militia is absolutely giddy at what Amperz is making: Brass flasks, to carry their hard-earned drink in.

20th Sandstone, 318

Migrants! They're lead by a fellow named NCommander. Morgan was quick to snap up a fellow by the name of Mr Frog, who had some passable skill as a swordsdwarf and stuck a sword in his hands. Another trio, names of Imic, Sarrak, and Moony joined Fallacy as marksdwarves. Asea's offered to make Moony and Sarrak some bone crossbows, but I dunno what they said about it.

23rd Sandstone, 318

Mr Frog and his wife, that Marksdwarf Imic, have both been "despairing" on account of the weather. Personally I think it's because Mr Frog got drafted and nothing he can say will change that since he knows which end of a sword is the pointy bit.

1st Timber, 318

I swear to all the damned gods, if Ihave to hear someone bitch about how "horrifying" or "despair-inducing" the weather is, I'm going to make sure they have an unfortunate encounter with a giant penguin.

Dur durr! We're into late autumn now, and all but three pending dorfs are dorfed. I figure it can fall to Mr Frog to dorf those last few people.

Bedrooms are getting built, farms made ready, pens for animals dug, and militia expanded to five melee and four ranged fighters, all equiped with some form of weapon and at least a leather helmet and body armor to prevent training deaths. Trade's also been conducted, a tavern opened (currently unstocked with everything, including a tavernkeep) and we've been visited by two Parasolians and a Ballpointer. All axedwarves, oddly enough.

@ The Master - Damn son, perfect tone and everything. Also got first comment on that shiet bro. And put it in community contributions. I predict an attempt to recreate TRIBUTEWEAPON (which was a giant stone mug pouring magma on everything if I recall right,) to be responsible.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 50