Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))  (Read 6910 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 12:47:41 pm »

Demonic Spoon, what are the cuttlefish people called, if anything? And, apart from their eternal dreams,  Thematically,  what makes them different from standard water-breathing Humans? How is their society structured, if they even have one? What is their worldview? I'm sorry to ask you so much, I just need to know for bookkeeping.
Just call them Cuttles I guess.

The bodies are just particularly bright cuttlefish like things. Longer lived and better suited for tool use I guess? For their dreaming selves, they have an built-in desire to achieve ultimate truth, but are otherwise blank slates. They live, love, die, much like any other mortals, become greedy, seek power, have compassion for their fellow beings etc.

Worldview, due to the mutable nature of dreams, they place value on things with stability, and view their actions as having little consequences, which may result people getting accidentally killed and so on.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:57:12 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 01:17:00 pm »

Thank you, I have one more question. How often do they Reproduce? Considering their longevity, it would probably take more time than the average for a non-magical Species.
Anywhere Between Twelve to Twenty four months after they have eaten Enough Metal to Form the Body of their Young. in other words It takes between one and two months for them to Reproduce if they have enough Matter for it.

Again, thank you for answering.

Demonic Spoon, what are the cuttlefish people called, if anything? And, apart from their eternal dreams,  Thematically,  what makes them different from standard water-breathing Humans? How is their society structured, if they even have one? What is their worldview? I'm sorry to ask you so much, I just need to know for bookkeeping.
Just call them Cuttles I guess.

The bodies are just particularly bright cuttlefish. For their dreaming selves, they have an built-in desire to perceive ultimate truth, but are otherwise blank slates. They live, love, die, much like any other mortals, become greedy, seek power, have compassion for their fellow beings etc.

Worldview, due to the mutable nature of dreams, they place value on things with stability, and view their actions as having little consequences, which may result people getting accidentally killed and so on.

Thank you for the fast response, the IC Update is imminent.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 04:26:48 pm »

OK, the IC Update for Turn Two is up.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 05:26:12 pm »

What exactly do you mean when you say agriculture

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 06:04:13 pm »

Small note about Envaruk's monsters. They are assumed to be very intelligent. Or just intelligent if it's too much.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »

I mean small-scale, labor intensive farming, akin to the agricultural methods of the late stone age, or the early bronze age.

Small note about Envaruk's monsters. They are assumed to be very intelligent. Or just intelligent if it's too much.

That only makes them that much scarier.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »

the spread of lush
I saw lust.

Mmh.

That only makes them that much scarier.
Neat :D

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2016, 11:19:44 pm »

I mean small-scale, labor intensive farming, akin to the agricultural methods of the late stone age, or the early bronze age.
Mantids are carnivores. I'd expect them to become nomadic herders, not farmers

Micelus, could you explain what exactly Jod does please
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:37:39 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 12:22:20 am »

Mutations. I should've made that clearer actually.

As for agriculture...well it could be argued that mantids are feeding livestock with the plants they harvest. Or getting drunk/high off their produce. But yeah, straight-up direct agriculture doesn't work for the mantids.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 12:36:22 am »

Mutations. I should've made that clearer actually.

As for agriculture...well it could be argued that mantids are feeding livestock with the plants they harvest. Or getting drunk/high off their produce. But yeah, straight-up direct agriculture doesn't work for the mantids.
Good mutations or bad mutations?

Things is, due to the nature of the food/energy pyramid, they'd need to put ridiculous amounts of effort in to feed a small amount of livestock. There's a reason nomadic herding was so popular.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:44:05 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 12:46:07 am »

Any mutation. It depends on the type of jod. Some jod might even do both. The mutation might be good in one situation and bad in another. The jod might also just go crazy and give you cancer cells. I'm also well aware of how energy intensive that would be but if it happened as the GM says then they must've done something. I'd love it though if the only reason the mantids grow crops is for beer though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:51:20 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 12:49:57 am »

Any mutation. It depends on the type of job. Some job might even do both. The mutation might be good in one situation and bad in another. The job might also just go crazy and give you cancer cells.
So if I made a harpoon out of the right type of Jod, and stabbed it into the Herald, it'd turn into a blob of cancer? Neato.

EDIT: Ardent Debater, Crazyabe has indicated he'd be okay with his leviathan eating something other than thought, but seems not to have edited the creation post. I'd appreciate if turn resolution be delayed until either he does edit his post, or indicates he won't, because if he doesn't change it, I'll have to change my own actions.

EDIT2: Would it be fine if I made the Chain of Cuttle out of Cancer Jod?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:57:15 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 12:51:05 am »

There's a reason I used a Mighty Act to make aes :D.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 11:29:07 am »

EDIT: Ardent Debater, Crazyabe has indicated he'd be okay with his leviathan eating something other than thought, but seems not to have edited the creation post. I'd appreciate if turn resolution be delayed until either he does edit his post, or indicates he won't, because if he doesn't change it, I'll have to change my own actions.
Changes complete.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2016, 01:18:23 pm »

Changes complete.
Neato
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6