Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))  (Read 6908 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 09:47:39 pm »

What exactly do you mean when you say agriculture

I mean small-scale, labor intensive farming, akin to the agricultural methods of the late stone age, or the early bronze age.
Mantids are carnivores. I'd expect them to become nomadic herders, not farmers

Any mutation. It depends on the type of jod. Some jod might even do both. The mutation might be good in one situation and bad in another. The jod might also just go crazy and give you cancer cells. I'm also well aware of how energy intensive that would be but if it happened as the GM says then they must've done something. I'd love it though if the only reason the mantids grow crops is for beer though.

Right, I forgot while I was writing the Turn Two Update, thank you for reminding me. I'll Edit the Update to reflect their diet better. Although, I could easily see a few permanent settlements surviving on Alcoholic Trade, Hunting and Fishing.

Any mutation. It depends on the type of job. Some job might even do both. The mutation might be good in one situation and bad in another. The job might also just go crazy and give you cancer cells.
So if I made a harpoon out of the right type of Jod, and stabbed it into the Herald, it'd turn into a blob of cancer? Neato.

EDIT2: Would it be fine if I made the Chain of Cuttle out of Cancer Jod?

Unless you enchanted the Chain with at least One Minor Act, it would be as fragile as ordinary Jod, and easily broken by a Titan as Powerful as The Herald. If it was enchanted with a Minor Act, The Herald could also attempt to destroy it, and, as the Herald was created with One Major Act, the Herald would receive a bonus to it's Attack roll against the weaker Artifact. If the Chain of Jod wasn't destroyed, and gave The Herald Cancer, it could attempt to Heal itself or resist the Disease, requiring another roll. Or, Envaruk could Heal it with One Minor Act, or destroy the Artifact. If the Chain was enchanted with One Major Act, the same as the above would be true, except the rolls would be much less balanced in The Herald's Favor, as neither would have an advantage in Power. You could do many things besides creating a Chain of Jod to defeat The Herald, you could create another Titan to Fight The Herald, you could give the Cuttles the ability to survive on Land, you could create a Mortal Champion to oppose him, and so on and so on. Being a Divine, there are many, many possibilities.

I'm sorry if I hadn't mentioned this earlier, but I've been rolling a 1d20 to measure the success of each Living Creation, putting in modifiers based on Technologies, (If it's a Mortal Race) and the amount of Power that went into it's Creation. During conflicts, I roll a 1d20 for both parties involved, and the degree of the success of the Victor depends on how much higher they rolled than the Loser. For Example, with the Cuttles and The Herald, I rolled a 1d20 for both, since both had One Major Act invested into them, the rolls were even. The Cuttles rolled a 3, as opposed to The Herald rolling a 16, if the Cuttles had rolled a 16, as opposed to The Herald rolling a 3, The Herald would be severely wounded, and/or starving at the bottom of the Ocean right now, and the Cuttles likely would've flourished. As a general rule, I as a God-game GM, don't drive Mortal Races extinct unless it benefits the Plot, as it reduces the versatility of the Setting as a whole, but if the Cuttles had rolled a 1, as opposed to The Herald rolling a 19, or 20, the Cuttles would've gone extinct.

I hope that cleared everything up. The Turn Three Update will take place shortly.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 09:51:59 pm »

Ooooh, so there are hidden rolls. Interesting, and thrilling to know.

Also totally OOC, but in my mind, Herald shouldn't actively try to destroy the Chain if it doesn't harm him. He also shouldn't try to drive a species extinct, but hey, there are accidents sometime ?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 09:59:17 pm »

Ooooh, so there are hidden rolls. Interesting, and thrilling to know.

Also totally OOC, but in my mind, Herald shouldn't actively try to destroy the Chain if it doesn't harm him. He also shouldn't try to drive a species extinct, but hey, there are accidents sometime ?

By extinct, I mean with a population to small to avoid chronic inbreeding over several generations, or rather, the course of One Turn. I also think that The Herald wouldn't attack the Chain initially, but if I were him/it I'd definitely attempt to destroy or at least disable it once I realized it was interfering with my Literally Divine purpose. Keep in mind, The Herald isn't the only Ocean Predator in the World.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 10:04:06 pm »

Yup, the final word is up to him. After all, he is old and smart enough to think by himself, or herself ? :3

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 10:10:52 pm »

Yup, the final word is up to him. After all, he is old and smart enough to think by himself, or herself ? :3

Considering that he's 100 years old and counting, I'd say that he's at least as intelligent as a typical psychotic and malevolent Human being would be.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2016, 10:52:21 pm »

My Creation Will Most definitely be able to reduce the total amount of damage it can do, because why would it Want to swim into a Area of Dimensional Disorganization? Either way I am only prevideing one Free piece of assistance, and it's mostly because I am planing on making my own Dimension...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2016, 11:15:35 am »

Well, the Turn Three Update is up, and it took two hours to type. Also, there were some interesting rolls that went on.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2016, 12:48:23 pm »

Bump.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2016, 01:25:24 pm »

Awesome turn.  :D  I liked the cannibalism wars.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2016, 03:29:36 pm »

$$$Pricecheck
Making the Dreamworld the afterlife for everyone.

Assuming everyone else would be cool with that of course? I just thought it'd be neat, but I'm not deadset on the idea or anything.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2016, 03:34:39 pm »

$$$Pricecheck

Assuming everyone else would be cool with that of course? I just thought it'd be neat, but I'm not deadset on the idea or anything.
Speaking of the Dreamworld ! I had a future plan of creating one or more nightmarish entities roaming the Dreamworld, as eternal Nightmares.

Would it be feasible according to the way you constructed the Dreamworld ?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2016, 03:35:54 pm »

$$$Pricecheck

Speaking of the Dreamworld ! I had a future plan of creating one or more nightmarish entities roaming the Dreamworld, as eternal Nightmares.

Sure, native dream creatures are something I was planning to create at some point or another. Cuttles already sort of function like that until they manage to escape the permanent dreaming state.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2016, 03:39:38 pm »

Good to know !

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2016, 05:50:03 pm »

Thanks, Quick question: What does everyone think of the game so far?

$$$Pricecheck

If everyone supported it, it would cost nothing. If there is no other Afterlife Dimension, somebody opposes the idea, and no one uses any Acts to oppose you, you could spend One Major Act to make it the default Afterlife Dimension. If someone, or several someones do spend Acts to oppose you, you would have to spend enough Acts to equal the amount they spent, with the addition of One Major Act. For Example, if two Divines opposed The Dreamer of Truth and spent Two Major Acts to prevent the Dreamworld from being the default Afterlife, One Mighty Act or Three Major Acts would be enough to make it pass. But if they wanted to spend One Mighty Act and the amount of Acts spent by The Dreamer of Truth to undo The Dreamer's action, they could.

$$$Pricecheck

Sure, native dream creatures are something I was planning to create at some point or another. Cuttles already sort of function like that until they manage to escape the permanent dreaming state.

Interesting...

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2016, 06:18:47 pm »

Thanks, Quick question: What does everyone think of the game so far?
Really love it so far.

The resource system is simple and allow great freedom all the while setting proper limits. Furthermore by limiting one act per turn, you also prevent players from creating too much things in one turn, increasing your load.

And the flow of the world feels good, turns are a pleasure to read.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6