Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))  (Read 6903 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Creations OOC Thread [6/6] ((A God-Game about World-Building))
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »

Thanks, Quick question: What does everyone think of the game so far?
Good.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2016, 07:20:26 pm »

Once everybody posts I'll update the IC Thread.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2016, 09:04:14 pm »

For the plague I've unleashed on my own creations, would it be possible to roll for some of the "lesser specimens" to survive?  See how much of my species is decimated.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2016, 11:15:31 pm »

For the plague I've unleashed on my own creations, would it be possible to roll for some of the "lesser specimens" to survive?  See how much of my species is decimated.

Oh, absolutely. After all, it's your Plague.

Micelus, I have a question, what exactly is elsyia, and what do you mean by a terrestrial version of the eastern emerald elysia? I need to know before I update the IC Thread.

Also, everyone, I'm scaling Technologies as follows:

The First rank of a Technology is Basic, for example, Mortals with Basic Digging would be able to form basic burrows and trenches with little difficulty, but would be less able to do more Advanced Digging Tasks.

The Second rank of a Technology is Advanced, for example, Mortals with Advanced Digging would be able to dig things like canals, extensive tunnels, and so on far better than Mortals with Basic Digging.

The Third rank of a Technology is Highly Advanced, which is an upgrade of Advanced, The Fourth rank is Extremely Advanced, and so on. Each rank of Technology is significantly better than the ranks beneath it. To Teach a Mortal Race a Technology with a Minor Action, you could advance them by One rank in the Science of your choice, but not any more, unless you spent the Minor Acts for it, because a Civilization has to know the Basics before moving onto the more Advanced Technologies. Eventually, Mortals with advance in Technological ranks on their own, if the knowledge would benefit them, with a small chance to discover a new Technology: Like the Cuttles and Basic Meditation, as an example.

I should've mentioned this earlier, right now the World is somewhere in the mid to late stone age Technologically.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 11:23:45 pm by Ardent Debater »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2016, 11:17:14 pm »

photosynthesising sea slug. Terrestrial version would be a giant photosynthesising slug.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2016, 11:25:17 pm »

photosynthesising sea slug. Terrestrial version would be a giant photosynthesising slug.

Ah, OK, I googled it just now, and now your Post makes sense to me. For a minute there I thought you were referencing an Anime or something. Also, I edited my Post to include the Technology system I have in place.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2016, 11:28:33 pm »

Right, I'll edit my actions then.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2016, 12:45:32 am »

Thanks, Quick question: What does everyone think of the game so far?
It's fun.

Quick polling of the other players, would everyone be fine with me making the Dreamworld the afterlife? Heck, maybe someone would be willing to donate a minor act or two to making it the afterlife?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2016, 12:56:47 am »

If it excepts the mantids, then go ahead.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2016, 01:04:27 am »

So you're not fine with it. Okay then.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2016, 01:29:36 am »

Quick polling of the other players, would everyone be fine with me making the Dreamworld the afterlife? Heck, maybe someone would be willing to donate a minor act or two to making it the afterlife?
I'm fine with it because it would then become a further step toward my goal of screwing mortals even more :D

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2016, 01:36:20 am »

It doesn't matter to me, although I am planing on saving up for Creating my own Dimension, and I *Might* End up using the Dream World to Populate it if it ends up as the Afterlife...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2016, 03:12:50 am »

No problem with it myself, where my Klawn go once they're done with their war-torn brutal existences is really irrelevant.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2016, 02:07:32 pm »

Minor Act: create the land elsyia, a terrestrial version of the eastern emerald elysia complete with symbiotic chloroplasts. Spread them around the various mantid societies.
Micelus, I find myself confused about what you're trying to do/accomplish with this action.  ???  Please explain? Did you just feel like making land plantslugs?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2016, 02:11:59 pm »

He already explained that to the gm.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6