Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87751 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

I reworked Vincent a little bit. I made the dark area under his chin a little smaller and got rid of the weirdness on the back of his neck. Any thoughts?
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I figured out one of the major issues lol. You're using two different outline colors. Gonna make a guess and say body came from FE8 while head came from FE7 I think it is? You need to make sure your color pallets match. Top half is less saturated more greyed out. Bottom half is a lot brighter and darker colors and such. Use colors from one game not both. :P

Other than that, neck still feels too thick for how the armor works I think?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, really? I didn't even notice the outline difference. :-[
But, to be honest, I didn't use any specific palette; when I recolor sprites I choose the base color I want and darken/lighten it for the different shadings which is very painstaking when I don't have software that can change all areas of one color into another. I'll fix the outline but I'm not really sure what to do with the neck. I might just leave it.
Black lives matter.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Yeah FE8 sprites use dark blue-purple outline, FE7 uses dark purple, FE6 uses very bright purpleish, they all stand out against each other as long as you have decent eyesight v;

And of course there's SerCon who uses filthy 0,0,0 for outlines. And that's terrible :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

as long as you have decent eyesight v;
[looks at my glasses and weeps]

This one looks better. I just replaced some neck with hair.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:10:06 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just gonna drop this here~

"I will find the information the Reich needs."

The sister of Flora Brandt
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:19:47 am by Swordstar »

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile

Arnold's sheet has now been updated with a proper biography.

Mug will follow shortly.

Edit: Arnold's mug has arrived. I went along with the emerging consensus that Reich uniforms are dark blue with gold trim.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:22:09 pm by Mopsy »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say that I'm still keeping a more-or-less consolidated list updated on page 4, if it's of use to anyone.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Well, good to know I've cornered the market on Cavaliers. :P

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, uh, Mopsy, two quick things.

Unlikely that Hasp will accept the PF, he tends to not like % chance things for PF/PS if I remember correctly and there's no way he'll accept the third PS. Too much gain, it would need to be either +1 of both or +2 of one of them

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile

Unlikely that Hasp will accept the PF, he tends to not like % chance things for PF/PS if I remember correctly and there's no way he'll accept the third PS. Too much gain, it would need to be either +1 of both or +2 of one of them

OK, I'll rework those. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Ditched the % chance part of the PF. Removed the +2 RES from the third PS.

I'll also take this opportunity to mention that I was not peeking at, or even aware of, Gregory's bio when I wrote Arnold's. The way I see it, it makes sense that there are many backstories like that in the armed forces of the Reich.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:27:42 pm by Mopsy »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How are we going to gain new weapons? Are we going to be able to loot them off corpses and/or villages and chests, or is there a shop between chapters?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Both. Some enemies will have things labeled "DROP", some villages/houses will give gear, and there's often shops between chapters.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It depends! A lot of equipment stuff will happen through shops during the RPing sections but there will always sometimes be chests on the maps that thieves with lockpicks or someone with chest keys can open, and sometimes enemies will drop stuff though 9 times out of 10 if an enemy is dropping something it's not going to be a weapon.

Edit: Also like Twin said there can be villages/houses to visit to get the sweet loot

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A'ight. I ask because I can't for the life of me find anything on it in the rulebook.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 99