Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87747 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the rulebook doesn't expand on a lot of stuff that isn't directly related to combat lol

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

The only Rulebook is the Player's Handbook. A GM's Handbook unfortunately doesn't exist.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case people are actually keeping track of that sorta thing (and apparently they are?!?) I think I'm going to swap from charisma, not decided on what yet. Maybe just blossom.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Mechanical build (click to show/hide)

Okay so there is nothing personality or history wise in this because I am a lost lamb adrift in an ocean of Huh. Can we get some more info about the Reich, like traditions, religions, economy, current relations with Troyland? I feel like I'm trying to make a character blindly and I need some details to latch onto to build a character, otherwise you get less quality characters. Like Lesan in GoR.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey mopsy, I just saw your mug, it's pretty decent except for the fact that you have zero shading on the armor so it's completely flat looking. Also the outline color is not great?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

-snip-

Okay so there is nothing personality or history wise in this because I am a lost lamb adrift in an ocean of Huh. Can we get some more info about the Reich, like traditions, religions, economy, current relations with Troyland? I feel like I'm trying to make a character blindly and I need some details to latch onto to build a character, otherwise you get less quality characters. Like Lesan in GoR.

But there are two links for lore, one extensive Reich lore and stuff and there's also Troian chronology up to the point it becomes a province of the Reich v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to do the watching. =V

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile

Hey mopsy, I just saw your mug, it's pretty decent except for the fact that you have zero shading on the armor so it's completely flat looking. Also the outline color is not great?

Darn it, you noticed. The shading on the original mug got lost somehow while I was rearranging the palette, but I thought I could get away with it. I even chose a dark color for the armor to try and make it less obvious, but that was clearly to no avail. How about this?

I honestly can't see what it is that bothers you about the outlines, though. Do they look too dark, too light or the wrong hue?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

-snip-

But there are two links for lore, one extensive Reich lore and stuff and there's also Troian chronology up to the point it becomes a province of the Reich v:

Yeah, but the Reich Lore tells me very little about what it is like to be part of the country. I mean, there is a lot of history there, but I can't picture the country on a more personal level at all.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Same as what they said, but with Overseasland too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Same as what they said, but with Overseasland too.
Pretty much. I'd rather be able to know a bit more about Overseasland; I had to leave my character's lore deliberately vague in regards to Overseasland because, aside the events of the last 150 years there (which were mostly irrelevant to our characters going by the IRC logs), we really don't know anything about it.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Ask specific questions and you shall receive detailed answers? v;
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile

The way I understand it, the basic culture clash between Overseasland and the Reich is that the former is (was) a feudal fantasy realm, with scheming nobles and warring dynasties, while the latter is an increasingly bureaucratic, rationalizing society. A bit like Westeros being colonized by 19th century Germany, except that they used geomancy instead of steam engines and Krupp artillery.

If you're making an Overseaslander, you could start with a classic fantasy RPG archetype (sly thief, sage old wizard, pure shield maiden, etc.) and consider how they would turn out if they were suddenly transported into (or grew up in) the 19th century. Conversely, with a Reich character, you can build on their reactions to a land that sometimes seems more fairy tale than reality to them.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:23:06 am by Mopsy »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Questions:

What's religion like in both regions? Any major ones? How important is religion in everyday life?

Any major towns and cities that we should know about? What are they like? Anything they're renowned for?

What's the average standard of living in Overseasland?

Is the rule of the Reich heavy handed or light? How are Reich officials generally perceived by the populous? Are Overseaslanders generally seen as second-class citizens compared to Reich natives?

A general description of the culture of both areas would be nice, along with how they've interacted or mixed.

I'll probably come up with more questions later.
Sigtext!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Questions:

What's religion like in both regions? Any major ones? How important is religion in everyday life?

Overseasland: after the Dragon Cult lost it's state-religion status, became only a minor cult out of plethora of other cults and thought schools. Nothing became even borderline major in the last 150 years though, and the best you could get is a small temple in a major city.
Reich's populace is predominantly Periscanistic, aka follows the faith of the Healer Mother. There are priestly healers (who go around healing sick in exchange for a meal and/or shelter) and priestly preachers (who preach the good word and accept donations from the thankful no-longer-sick people), and mass prayers can be held both outside in open plazas or inside ornate cathedrals.
Periscanism is, of course, slowly taking ground in Overseasland.

Any major towns and cities that we should know about? What are they like? Anything they're renowned for?

They're just big population hubs. On the Reichland, you have Periscum, the seat of Periscanism, and Eurice, which surroundings are so blasted and polluted by the heavy mining/metalworks industry that it would make Sauron proud.

What's the average standard of living in Overseasland?

Is the rule of the Reich heavy handed or light? How are Reich officials generally perceived by the populous? Are Overseaslanders generally seen as second-class citizens compared to Reich natives?

The Reich is actively pushing for transforming Overseasland into a Reich-like place with skilled people living in cities and talent-less farmers tending to crops they sell to city dwellers for hefty coin. Overseaslanders might get funny looks in the Reich (as much as a guy from a village would get after taking a train to a city with skyscrapers), but on the Overseasland both are equal.
There is a nice division by generations when it comes to Reich rule; the youngsters will see it as benevolent because 'yay no corruption, yay no wars, yay stable economy, yay grandiose land projects'; their parents will clearly remember the invasion, and the elders will refer with sentiment to the times of early 4th century. Also, Reich did very well on the PR side; while Troian nobles were squaring it off, Reich cleared the Wasteland, patched up lands shattered during/after Magic Wars, and provided much support during the natural disasters and civil war. You could say that some of the Troian populace welcomed the Reich invaders as their saviors, which is why they rolled over the mainland in a year and then took couple more to squash the other states in the neighbourhood.

A general description of the culture of both areas would be nice, along with how they've interacted or mixed.

To be honest:

The way I understand it, the basic culture clash between Overseasland and the Reich is that the former is (was) a feudal fantasy realm, with scheming nobles and warring dynasties, while the latter is an increasingly bureaucratic, rationalizing society. A bit like Westeros being colonized by 19th century Germany, except that they used geomancy instead of steam engines and Krupp artillery.

Is rather good explanation. Overseasland was more about spiritualism, noblemen and monster-hunting, while Reich was more about sciences, conquest and progress. Overseasland did try to do the same (the Council, the religion-free state, progressive ideas) but didn't really get anywhere due to natural disasters, civil wars and then the invasion by the Reich.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 99