Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57674 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 8 - What Lies Below
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2016, 03:22:30 am »

It's a mix of paranoia and fear. We don't know who has the second gun, and as such they could be waiting for the best moment to do a TPK on us all if they are assassin. If I remember correctly, we had a general (who is now dead by strangle) who was likely the owner of that aforementioned gun, hence the paranoia.
Ok, I vaguely recall stuff in the past and nowhere has the indication of a General presented itself. Could you check back and notify on that point? Because we have NO idea on who even has the guns -.- That equals confirmed Explorership counting the most reasonable course of logic.

Because if we have lost a General--it is inferred he does NOT have an Elephant gun and more likely has the Colt. That said, it also makes sense that the shooter of snakes has important things, which is not an Elephant gun else they'd be at the last bullet.

So paint me curious. (It is yellow. With pink polkadots. :v)
On that point, I said 'sure' in brevity because I'm really curious why the targets are shifting to 'quietest'. I made a comment/critique on that a while ago because more than 3 people actually were the quietest in consecutive days.

What makes it apparent, other than griffinpup's lacking detail and due notice that there is a really gray spot considering his arrival in the danger room + most likely Nexus existence?
I'm thinking switching TBF with Tomasque, actually. Buddy-buddy could be present with the two of them down there, and we're a room away. And/or I'm right next to a killer. With pickles. Or whatever.

...Do you even have a finite supply of pickles in exact numbers? :^ You gave around 3 or 4 already, with the first to BHK.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2016, 03:49:37 am »

Quote from: Tiruin
I'm thinking switching TBF with Tomasque, actually. Buddy-buddy could be present with the two of them down there, and we're a room away.

I never quite understood why you thought I was a scumbuddy with TBF (since I believe you've mentioned this before). Could you please explain?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 18, 2016, 03:59:47 am »

Tiruin, the first pickle was not given to BHK. Also, yes I do have a finite amount, I have exactly three pickles left on my person. For reference, I started with six and a jar to hold them in.

As for the subject of the General, I am not sure that it really was a General, but I know for certain there was a military officer of some sort in the party and that they were searched. I am hunting the post right now.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 18, 2016, 05:06:04 am »

Quote from: Tiruin
I'm thinking switching TBF with Tomasque, actually. Buddy-buddy could be present with the two of them down there, and we're a room away.

I never quite understood why you thought I was a scumbuddy with TBF (since I believe you've mentioned this before). Could you please explain?
This is more me replacing TBF with the possibility of you, on the list.

Tiruin, the first pickle was not given to BHK. Also, yes I do have a finite amount, I have exactly three pickles left on my person. For reference, I started with six and a jar to hold them in.

As for the subject of the General, I am not sure that it really was a General, but I know for certain there was a military officer of some sort in the party and that they were searched. I am hunting the post right now.
Looking forward to it. It doesn't make sense that way, considering recent events.

PFP
Also, yeah, it was given to Tomasque, then BHK got the second. Fallacy got the third, I presume. Tomasque was the first one who acknowledged that.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 18, 2016, 07:07:33 am »

You still haven't told me why you think I'm scummy!  :(
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 18, 2016, 07:24:36 am »

Eee, that was more thinking out of PFP--now that I've had a nap, it's indeterminate, but TBF before Tomasque now >_> I was thinking of pairings or triads since we're down to 7/8 people.
> Tiruin, Tomasque, griffinpup, Fallacy, TBF, Dustan, Persus...off the top of my head. ...I know I did post on the # count back when we were discussing whether BHK was alive or not. But seeing this, we're at 7 people left. I don't have any weapon--possibly can improvise if I throw stuff :v or kick people with my boots. This means 3//4. There's the stabber (albeit it doesn't seem like anyone has been stabbed lately o_O) and the strangler. There are the most likely 2 gunmen--presuming that the 3 shots came from one of them in 2 consecutive phases on the snakes (and why would you pick up a dead snake?). So it's time for vigilante justice.

I'm guessing TBF is in the same area as Fallacy or Persus--either of you should seriously post your rooms. -_- That's the basic SoP of providing data.
TBF should post more. Actually ALL OF YOU SHOULD POST MORE. I've seen only Tomasque and Dustan posting lately and a sprinkling of everyone else.

...Some unsolved mysteries pertain to the connection between the hall of servants and this danger room; the door at the entrance.
NQT, can we request a map given the rooms posted?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 18, 2016, 08:30:00 am »

Tomb of the Lesser Functionaries
Covering every wall are the sarcophagi of Nak Leth's most loyal followers. From the left-hand wall round, there's a Gold, Bronze, Lead, Sandstone, Iron, (open) Horse-Headed, (open) Cat-Sized, (open) Narrow, and High Priest's sarcophagus. The narrow sarcophagus is open, revealing an exit to the east. In the center of the room is a lump of masonry. A hidden door has opened to the north. A stairway leads down on the south end of the room.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Fallacy

Here you go, mates.
As you might imagine, I'm going to spend my next turn looting.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 7 - Those Poor Reptiles
« Reply #532 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:01 am »

Persus: You searched the horse-headed one. -_- Thanks for wasting my actions. Backing you under my suspect list.
It was empty, so your action would have ben wasted anyways. I thought you would try and search the first few sarcophagi so I searched the last few.

I have a dead cat head now. Not too sure what I'm going to do with it.

I also found a collapsed chamber with a dead NPC adventurer in it.

Tomasque, how did you get to your current location?
Bet you have more.
DETAIL THAT CHAMBER.
You would lose that bet, except the room I'm in is fully lit.

Collapsed Chamber
The ceiling in this chamber has crumbled inwards, a shaft of warm light floating on in from high above lights up a flat rock. Dangling by one leg from a rope is the skeletal body of an unfortunate adventurer. This room is fully lit.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Persus13
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 18, 2016, 10:58:14 am »

Persus: You searched the horse-headed one. -_- Thanks for wasting my actions. Backing you under my suspect list.
It was empty, so your action would have ben wasted anyways. I thought you would try and search the first few sarcophagi so I searched the last few.
...Did you miss where I posted what I'm searching or...? O_o

Bet you have more.
DETAIL THAT CHAMBER.
...Strange wording. What does that mean?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 18, 2016, 11:01:21 am »

PPEdit also PFP due to stressload:

The horse-headed sarcohagus has already been opened and is empty!

You hear a gun shot from the east.
...I did parse that differently in mind.
However I also did parse that it is empty because SOMEONE ELSE CHECKED IT before I DID. :I
I:
Where is that chamber and where is it connected to?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 18, 2016, 11:11:17 am »

...Did you miss where I posted what I'm searching or...? O_o
I must have, sorry. Where did you post that?

Bet you have more.
DETAIL THAT CHAMBER.
...Strange wording. What does that mean?
It means that its a detail I could have mentioned but left out of my initial description. My wording could have been better. I'm slightly concerned there's some sort of trap in this room though.

PPEdit also PFP due to stressload:

The horse-headed sarcohagus has already been opened and is empty!

You hear a gun shot from the east.
...I did parse that differently in mind.
However I also did parse that it is empty because SOMEONE ELSE CHECKED IT before I DID. :I
I:
Where is that chamber and where is it connected to?
Well if there were any items there I would have picked it up. But I didn't. I got the cat head from the cat sarcophagus. As for where I am now, I went through the door north of the sarcophagus room.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 18, 2016, 01:02:35 pm »

Damit, I can't find the post. I could of sworn that one of the posts mentioned it and even had it quoted from the turn... Maybe I'm going crazy..
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 18, 2016, 01:35:43 pm »

@Tiruin: :x sorry!

I have no clue what's going on anymore, which is why I'm kinda quiet.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 18, 2016, 02:16:31 pm »

So NQT did me a favor and found it for me. thank god I am not losing my mind, just my eyesight.
Fallacy of Urist: What were your actions last night?

Let's see. I looked at the cracked brick wall in the Nexus, finding that it bulges into the Nexus and doesn't appear to be load-bearing.
... load-bearing? Is there a pillar or something somewhere that could create a cave-in if broken?

I searched TheDarkStar's corpse, finding he was Colonel Metherbly, and noting his possessions were already taken.

Then I went to the Enbalming room. If it hasn't been already noted, I'd like to note that all of the slabs there have been upturned.

Then I ate a no longer relevant message that fillipk had left(regarding his replacement).

Care to share yours?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 18, 2016, 02:32:47 pm »

And I just realized a brilliant plan.
Noting that all except for one of the people I gave pickles to is still alive, we can use that to determine who is assassin and who is not by simply checking if they had a pickle on them from a person they killed, if they kill off someone who received one.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43