Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57671 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 6 - Three Little Problems
« Reply #465 on: July 11, 2016, 01:02:28 pm »

Night 1:  Zombie Urist is strangled, and neither 4mask or me ended in that room.  You were in there, with just above half the people.  Persus got stabbed, and was in the other room, with just about less then half of us. Did you stab him too?  Note here that almost no-one full-claimed their night 1 actions, and other then someone's word, there's no way to tell when people moved into the new room.

Nexus:
Roo
Fillipk
TheBiggerFish
Dustan Hache
BlackHeartKabal

Statue Hall
4maskwolf
Griffinpup
Persus13 (Bleeding Out)
Teneb
TDS
Tiruin
Tomasque

Night 2: Persus and Teneb died, and the whole retcon thing happened... And Persus became alive.  Tiruin got stab-stabbed, and in the end there were 5 people in the statue hall, while the new embalming room was explored.  Note here that even people who ended up in the embalming room can't be confirmed town for a couple reasons
1) There's only 1 strangler, but 3? Mafia.  Maybe more now if it's a cult, but a night kill makes that unlikely.
2) People in the statue room still had enough actions to move-kill-move-move.  In fact, at this stage this action is likely.  The nexus was pretty much completely searched round 1, so the only real option for those in the Nexus was to move.  This gave potential cover to the mafia.
3) If the strangler searches after kills, then 3 moves in a turn is impossible.  But, strangler has other buddies to help him out, which could easily be the people searching.  We don't know how often/if anyone's been passing messages, so it's hard to tell how organized the mafia team is.  Assuming that it is the killer looting bodies every single time, then it makes sense that those in the embalming room weren't guilty.  However, we have a stabber, who isn't under the constraint of looting(which might very well of been Dustan all along).  Since they don't kill their target, they don't need 2 actions to attack a target, just 1.
Embalming Room:
Tomasque
Dustan Hache
Deus Asmoth

Nexus:
Fillipk

Statue Hall:
4maskwolf
Griffinpup
TheDarkStar
BlackHeartKabal
Tiruin (Bleeding Out)
Persus
TheBiggerFish
Night 3:
TBF got stabbed(maybe) and it didn't take, whatever that means.  And TDS got strangled in the Nexus.
Note here that again, everyone in the Nexus had enough actions to strangle anyone and get back.  Everyone in the embalming room had enough actions to strangle someone in the nexus and go back, and everyone moving to the embalming room had an extra action along the way... Which means... Everyone's suspect!!!
Statue Room:
TheBiggerFish
BlackHeartKabal

Embalming Room:
Deus Asmoth
Dustan
Persus
Tiruin

Nexus:
Fillipk
4mask
Griffinpup
Tomasque

Night 4:
Everyone in the Nexus got blown the crap up... Thanks TBF... No one got strangled though, which is interesting when you look at who moved this round.  Not going to focus on that right now, but I'd encourage players to look at that.
Statue Room:
TBF
Tomasque
Dustan

Embalming Room:
Fillipk
Persus
Tiruin

Nexus:
4mask (bruised) (bleeding out)
Griffinpup (bruised)
BHK (bruised)

Night 5:
4Mask bled out.  No one got strangled? 
Nexus:
Griffinpup (bruised) (bleeding out)
TheBiggerFish (bruised)
Dustan
Tomasque

Snake Den:
Tiruin
Persus
Fallacy
BHK (bruised)

So anyways, now response to Dustan.
First, on the point that 1 was at 2 killings.
So was Fillipk.
So was TBF.
You're right that 4mask was too.
So was BHK.
Long story short, that's not indicative of anything.  It's really easy for scum to move then attack, or attack and then move, or move attack move...  That's not that hard.  Moreover, the fact that someone's been to 2 killings doesn't lower the field enough to limit it to scum.  Third, you're making an inherent contradiction.  You're assuming that one of the people who end in a room where someone is killed are likely to be scum, but no one completely fulfills that description.
Second, on the point that I'm lurking and are therefore scum.  LurkTracker doesn't seem to be working... Sadness.  However, I'd argue that I'm posting about middle of the road, maybe even more then average.  However, the burdon of proof that I'm not posting very much is on you.  So Dustan, how much less am I posting then everyone else in this game??
Also, Dustan, next time you have suspicions, raise them before you take a night action.  Now, not only did you waste an action stabbing me, you'll make me and another player with a medkit waste their actions.  It's just inefficient, especially since we presumably still have people with guns that can enforce any lynch decisions we come to.

So... It looks like FoU is gonna heal me, yes?
I also support the idea of exploring in 2 groups.  If we can separate far enough away from eachother that someone can't kill another in the other group without getting back, that'd be optimal.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 11, 2016, 01:08:51 pm »

@Tiruin:Makes sense.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 11, 2016, 02:24:35 pm »

Actually griffin, for all we know the gun owners could be dead and looted by now. The fact that there are only a limited number of shots and a "Unlimited" instakill method on the other hand may be the only thing deterring the assassin from using them.
also, here is a small hole in your evidence:
Night 2: Persus and Teneb died, and the whole retcon thing happened... And Persus became alive.  Tiruin got stab-stabbed, and in the end there were 5 people in the statue hall, while the new embalming room was explored.  Note here that even people who ended up in the embalming room can't be confirmed town for a couple reasons
1) There's only 1 strangler, but 3? Mafia.  Maybe more now if it's a cult, but a night kill makes that unlikely.
2) People in the statue room still had enough actions to move-kill-move-move.  In fact, at this stage this action is likely.  The nexus was pretty much completely searched round 1, so the only real option for those in the Nexus was to move.  This gave potential cover to the mafia.
3) If the strangler searches after kills, then 3 moves in a turn is impossible.  But, strangler has other buddies to help him out, which could easily be the people searching.  We don't know how often/if anyone's been passing messages, so it's hard to tell how organized the mafia team is.  Assuming that it is the killer looting bodies every single time, then it makes sense that those in the embalming room weren't guilty.  However, we have a stabber, who isn't under the constraint of looting(which might very well of been Dustan all along).  Since they don't kill their target, they don't need 2 actions to attack a target, just 1.
Embalming Room:
Tomasque
Dustan Hache
Deus Asmoth

Nexus:
Fillipk

Statue Hall:
4maskwolf
Griffinpup
TheDarkStar
BlackHeartKabal
Tiruin (Bleeding Out)
Persus
TheBiggerFish
If you looked at the posts of others and myself from that same damn night, I would NOT have enough actions to go into the statue room and stab someone, then backtrack to the embalming room which had only just been discovered.
Additionally, if my softclaims were to believed (Which I believe tomasque can verify) I have had NO WEAPONS UNTIL ROUGHLY ONE TURN AGO. So please explain to me how I am stabbing people with pickles and miniature tools in such a way as to cause disembowlment. I would love to hear it.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 11, 2016, 02:40:30 pm »

If you looked at the posts of others and myself from that same damn night, I would NOT have enough actions to go into the statue room and stab someone, then backtrack to the embalming room which had only just been discovered.
Additionally, if my softclaims were to believed (Which I believe tomasque can verify) I have had NO WEAPONS UNTIL ROUGHLY ONE TURN AGO. So please explain to me how I am stabbing people with pickles and miniature tools in such a way as to cause disembowlment. I would love to hear it.
So a couple things. 
First, on your number of actions.  You posted exactly twice after night 2 and before night 3.  These were the 2 posts.
I depressed the tile as I entered the embalming room. It did NOT trigger anything noticeable in the room, so I believe the cause of the bleeding out to be someone with a weapon.
I also seem to get the most interesting and useless items, such as a obvious reference to Dr.Jones.
I depressed the tile as I entered the embalming room. It did NOT trigger anything noticeable in the room, so I believe the cause of the bleeding out to be someone with a weapon.
I also seem to get the most interesting and useless items, such as a obvious reference to Dr.Jones.
...? Just out of curiosity, what is it?
What is Indiana Jones never without? What has he occasionally risked life and limb to retrieve just so he can keep it on him? It sure as heck isn't his whip.
In these 2 quotes you claim that you went into the embalming room(obviously true) and you softclaim getting a hat(so far unverified).  So in fact, you could of had enough actions in order to go into the statue room and then go into the embalming room.

Second:
Your only claim of not having a stabby weapon at game start is your own unverifiable word.  It's completely unreasonable to just assume that mafia would be honest in what items they claimed, so there's no reason to believe you when you say something just because you said it.  It makes zero sense.  To be clear, I'm not saying that you've been the one stabbing all along.  I'm saying it's possible.  What did you do with your pickle?

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 11, 2016, 02:41:09 pm »

Oh and, if you could respond to the part of that post that was explicitly to you, that'd be awesome.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 3 - A Certain Deadliness
« Reply #470 on: July 11, 2016, 02:51:56 pm »

Here's proof that I searched the opening and got a hat that turn:
Oh, and I searched the opening leading outside, and FoU D something quite important:
You search the opening, but there's nothing valuable there. You notice it has the kind of door which slowly comes down from the ceiling.

I gained urgency from searching, since apparently someone else had searched the area as well - why the didn't inform the group is anyone's guess.
The opening was previously unsearched, due to the flavor text on the previous turn, thus proving I could not have possibly moved into the statue room, stabbed somebody, and moved away. Where's your accusation now, scum?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 3 - A Certain Deadliness
« Reply #471 on: July 11, 2016, 03:09:38 pm »

Here's proof that I searched the opening and got a hat that turn:
Oh, and I searched the opening leading outside, and FoU D something quite important:
You search the opening, but there's nothing valuable there. You notice it has the kind of door which slowly comes down from the ceiling.

I gained urgency from searching, since apparently someone else had searched the area as well - why the didn't inform the group is anyone's guess.
The opening was previously unsearched, due to the flavor text on the previous turn, thus proving I could not have possibly moved into the statue room, stabbed somebody, and moved away. Where's your accusation now, scum?
Dude friggin read...  I'm not accusing you of being the stabber.  I said it was possible for you to be the guy stabbing people all along BECAUSE YOU CLAIMED TO BE STABBING PEOPLE.  Maybe you didn't stab anyone 2nd round.  Okay.  I never said you were the one who did it.  I fail to understand why saying that the guy who has claimed to be stabbing people has been the guy stabbing people is scummy.
In these 2 quotes you claim that you went into the embalming room(obviously true) and you softclaim getting a hat(so far unverified).  So in fact, you could of had enough actions in order to go into the statue room and then go into the embalming room.

Second:
Your only claim of not having a stabby weapon at game start is your own unverifiable word.  It's completely unreasonable to just assume that mafia would be honest in what items they claimed, so there's no reason to believe you when you say something just because you said it.  It makes zero sense. To be clear, I'm not saying that you've been the one stabbing all along.  I'm saying it's possible. What did you do with your pickle?
So anyways, now response to Dustan.
First, on the point that 1 was at 2 killings.
So was Fillipk.
So was TBF.
You're right that 4mask was too.
So was BHK.
Long story short, that's not indicative of anything.  It's really easy for scum to move then attack, or attack and then move, or move attack move...  That's not that hard.  Moreover, the fact that someone's been to 2 killings doesn't lower the field enough to limit it to scum.  Third, you're making an inherent contradiction.  You're assuming that one of the people who end in a room where someone is killed are likely to be scum, but no one completely fulfills that description.
Second, on the point that I'm lurking and are therefore scum.  LurkTracker doesn't seem to be working... Sadness.  However, I'd argue that I'm posting about middle of the road, maybe even more then average.  However, the burdon of proof that I'm not posting very much is on you.  So Dustan, how much less am I posting then everyone else in this game??
Also, Dustan, next time you have suspicions, raise them before you take a night action.  Now, not only did you waste an action stabbing me, you'll make me and another player with a medkit waste their actions.  It's just inefficient, especially since we presumably still have people with guns that can enforce any lynch decisions we come to.

So... It looks like FoU is gonna heal me, yes?
I also support the idea of exploring in 2 groups.  If we can separate far enough away from eachother that someone can't kill another in the other group without getting back, that'd be optimal.
If you could respond to me then we might actually be able to have a conversation.  Stop cherrypicking your favorite topics and actually respond to everything.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #472 on: July 11, 2016, 03:28:18 pm »

The accusations start flying as the explorers contemplate their next move...

Puzzle Phase 6

Please send in your four actions to me in the next 24 hours, before Wednesday 9.30PM BST (GMT+1). If you need a reminder of your inventory or anything else, do let me know.

Spoiler: Possible Actions (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Puzzle Phase 2 - Looting Is Forever
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2016, 12:11:13 pm »

Discussion Phase 7

You have received your room descriptions. This phase will end in 48 hours at about 6PM Friday BST (GMT+1). You can submit puzzle actions early if you're not going to be around during the puzzle phase.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 7 - Those Poor Reptiles
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2016, 12:46:56 pm »

So mask was a priest with a cross and a starched collar. someone beat me to cleaning the drain. I only made it to the snake pit because my actions fell short(Looking at you griffin.)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2016, 12:47:32 pm »

I just heard two gunshots. What happened?

Tiruin, have you taken care of the snakes?

Tomb of the Lesser Functionaries
Covering every wall are the sarcophagi of Nak Leth's most loyal followers. From the left-hand wall round, there's a Gold, Bronze, Lead, Sandstone, Iron, Horse-Headed, Cat-Sized, (open) Narrow, and High Priest's sarcophagus. The narrow sarcophagus is open, revealing an exit to the east. In the center of the room is a lump of masonry. A hidden door has opened to the north. A stairway leads down on the south end of the room.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Persus
Tiruin
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »

I just heard two gunshots. What happened?

Tomb of the Lesser Functionaries
Covering every wall are the sarcophagi of Nak Leth's most loyal followers. From the left-hand wall round, there's a Gold, Bronze, Lead, Sandstone, Iron, Horse-Headed, Cat-Sized, (open) Narrow, and High Priest's sarcophagus. The narrow sarcophagus is open, revealing an exit to the east. In the center of the room is a lump of masonry. A hidden door has opened to the north. A stairway leads down on the south end of the room.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Persus
Tiruin
I can confirm that two dead snakes are present. the third is still alive, however.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2016, 02:15:32 pm »

...My clarinet was useless :v
Hooray testing out items. :I I didn't act on them otherwise.

I'm presuming that nobody saw this room earlier (that'd be amazing how that can happen o_O) so that cat sarcophasus is pretty open.
Real strange. Considering that nobody knew these rooms first (and it'd be seriously weird if assassins knew it :v MAYBE NQT OPENED THEM), they are...strangely open.

I pick dibs on the Horse/Cat and High Priest :D Will head North.

Status report people. SoP: Sound off!
Also hopefully nobody forget the action phase SoP: MOVE FIRST. I didn't do that and instead used my item. Then spent the next 3 moving west and back and back.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »

Where are you, Tiruin? How did you get there?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2016, 02:46:06 pm »

Where are you, Tiruin? How did you get there?
Read my post.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43