Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57683 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 3 - A Certain Deadliness
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2016, 12:56:20 pm »

Those who have medkits: Are they oneshot?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2016, 01:05:09 pm »

I gave fillipk a match, went to the statue hall, and waited. Tiruin is bleeding out, Teneb died, and Persus rose from the dead. What.
...So in other words, you took exactly one potentially useful action?
Yeah. Sure. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2016, 01:30:05 pm »

Mines not but I don't think I can use it more then once in a puzzle phase, anyhow it only works on people bleeding out.

Room:
You are, in fact, alone in this room:

The Overgrown Nexus
A pentagonal chamber spreads out before you. Here there is a toppled pillar, a deep pool, a heap of vines in front of a passage to the northeast. A scuffed Statue of Nak Leth towers in front of the disturbed brickwork of the north wall. A passage leads southeast to what looks like a Statue Hall. The room is dimly illuminated by the opening back east.

The dead body of explorer NQT lies here, strangled to death and turned at an unnatural angle.

The dead body of Zombie Urist lies here, strangled to death, pockets turned out.

Carved into the floor at various points (randomly ordered):

book
Book
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them.
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps.
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound.
knife
Broken unlit lantern
Matches (6), Whiskey (12)
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
-Fillipk
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2016, 01:37:33 pm »

BHK:  Why didn't you give matches to everyone that needed one?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »

Tell me who needed them? The only person who mentioned needing matches was fillipk.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2016, 01:55:11 pm »

So far as I know mine persists.  Well, NQT's persists, because it was his.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2016, 02:58:56 pm »

I depressed the tile as I entered the embalming room. It did NOT trigger anything noticeable in the room, so I believe the cause of the bleeding out to be someone with a weapon.
I also seem to get the most interesting and useless items, such as a obvious reference to Dr.Jones.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2016, 03:06:46 pm »

I depressed the tile as I entered the embalming room. It did NOT trigger anything noticeable in the room, so I believe the cause of the bleeding out to be someone with a weapon.
I also seem to get the most interesting and useless items, such as a obvious reference to Dr.Jones.
...? Just out of curiosity, what is it?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2016, 03:16:35 pm »

BHK:
Tell me who needed them? The only person who mentioned needing matches was fillipk.
Everyone:Do you have matches?
@Tomasque:Because to use my item properly I need matches.

@TDS:I have something I need to loght, yeah.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2016, 03:39:32 pm »

BHK:

Right then, I'll get those people matches. Anyone have any leads relayed to the treasure and assassins?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2016, 04:34:23 pm »

I checked the three statues in the statue hall and the delicate mural. My result:

You look at the assassin, a lifelike statue of a cold-eyed killer. You take from her stone hands:

Garotte Handles: A pair of garotte handles, the rope between them long since rotted away.

Interesting. No use is listed for it, but it might be usable if someone else had rope. And of course, one of the scum probably has a working one of these.

Also on the assassin you find hidden this message (which you pocket):

Message [eat/place]: "Teneb has not revealed potentially pertinent information to his fellow explorers."

That's great, but Teneb can't tell us anything now. Someone should check his body tonight.
(also, apparantly I can eat the message?)

The statue of the priest is remarkably lifelike. He appears to be reading something, but whatever he was reading is no longer there.

Someone got to this before me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone also got to the mural first.

You search the spearman, a hardy warrior. You take from his hands:

Spear haft [Prod/Hit/Prop Up (someone/something)] A long metal pole, very hefty.
[/quote]

I now have a long metal pole. OK? I can also prop stuff up, which seems important.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2016, 05:04:11 pm »

You could use the haft to hit the cracked wall. Or it might be more useful propping the entrance open once we actually get into the tomb, since I imaging the door would start coming down at that point.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 23, 2016, 05:09:06 pm »

I do want to see what is beyond the cracked wall, how about you come over here and hit the wall down, I'll walk over and heal Tiruin then come back to see what is behind the wall.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 23, 2016, 05:31:47 pm »

...? Just out of curiosity, what is it?
What is Indiana Jones never without? What has he occasionally risked life and limb to retrieve just so he can keep it on him? It sure as heck isn't his whip.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 23, 2016, 08:26:08 pm »

Why are these things being asked so late @_@ It's like those people who have priority items aren't being open with those items!

Well apparently the retcon worked, because Persus13 just got up.

Welcome back to the realm of the living, Persus.
Questions!
4mask: I'm assuming that this thing above here was sent as a PM to...all those in the room where Persus was? Because this is hilarious to see two Phase 2 PMs. :V

I gave fillipk a match, went to the statue hall, and waited. Tiruin is bleeding out, Teneb died, and Persus rose from the dead. What.
BHK: Why are you softclaiming your items from before
> Why are you WAITING and not searching (or anything else--I'm suspecting you stabbed me :v but that's me being silly since I was stabbed as a first-ish action it seems); also why didn't you give TBF a match?

TBF/NQT: I'm assuming the retcon went along the normal line of actions right?

Fillipk: General plan of meeting? Shall I go to you or shall you go to me? :v I'm a quick mover so I probably can't be stopped from moving (esp. since I got dem boots ♥). Also you lighting that thing? You can spend the first action to light it and I can get to you by moving to the Nexus. Then second action be heals.

TO THE NEXUS: WHAT WASN'T LEFT SEARCHED?

It seems Teneb's body has been searched given that other than the cause of death being diagnosed--"his clothes are in disarray" is shown.
...so I guess that you can't fight back against a strangle attempt because of the lacking 'clothes are in disarray', else a strip-search(?) can do that disarray thing.

So I'm assuming someone got something pretty off Teneb. :v

I've been attacked first (hah, I didn't move at all and searched EVERYTHING! Because I wondered if our group had assassins and monitored the movement of everyone inside [ok not everything, most things. Someone beat me to the statue despite me claiming dibs on it; I didn't find any message on it contrasting TDS' find. {GLARING AT YOU, TDS. DID YOU STAB ME!?}. I searched the Mural because NOBODY said they'd search it too! AND THEN SOMEONE BEAT ME TO IT TOO. :I
I am frustrated and bathing in urgency. SOMEONE HEAL ME URGENTLY? I: WILL THAT FAIL TOO?!

It's like I can't search those things because someone else searched it and then when I look at it, I get blander descriptions >_>

Spoiler: OOC @NQT (click to show/hide)

To note: There was no discernable trap that happened in the Statue room (Someone make note of the depressed panel).
I was stabbed by a person, as much as I can infer from the wording given.

And then Teneb was SK :v. I'm calling dibs on his corpse tonight since I'll just bleed out and whatever as my fourth action so nobody try it. :I ...Actually anyone just tell if they acted on it.

Okay... let's get a good look at what each room looks like. I went through the vine exit along with a few others, and this is what it looks like.

Embalming Room
In the embalming room there are three simple stone slabs (with room underneath for storing instruments) in marble, sandstone and granite. A delicate mural spreads across one wall. A depressed panel lies underfoot.. Southwest leads to the nexus.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Tomasque
Dustan Hache
Deus Asmoth (replacing Roo)

3 Slabs. 3 Statues.

A pair of murals and a pair of panels.

Coincidink? I think not!
How the fishie did you guys even get to a room that wasn't noticeable by the rest of us (or at least me, given the descriptions I linked before the last phase). :I
Someone's hiding their passages! I smell MAPPING! I:

NQT's already been looted (presumably by Tiruin since I just noticed where she called dibs on it), and the cut vines in the nexus are useless, apparently.
I did? :o I never called dibs on searching people at all. I called dibs on searching the statue...
...So, could you mention what you found on NQT? :v

Also WHY are those cut vines useless?
Nobody has yet come forth with info from the pool. :V

Persus: Please refrain from arbitrarily asking me to do more work then necessary in the future. I was right.

Right with what?

I am still in the nexus and I am alone, Zu had a medkit and painkillers, so I can stop someone from bleeding out, I'm going to save Tiruin this time.
I presume you searched ZU's body and stuff? What do the painkillers do?

Oh, and I searched the opening leading outside, and FoU D something quite important:
You search the opening, but there's nothing valuable there. You notice it has the kind of door which slowly comes down from the ceiling.

I gained urgency from searching, since apparently someone else had searched the area as well - why the didn't inform the group is anyone's guess.
You can search passages!? Good gravy. I assumed only ITEMS can be searched!
:I
This game. Next thing I'm doing is searching my socks. Because ANYTHING is better than waiting.

Also just read up.
...You forgot that TBF was asking for matches really much? :P ALSO That we made an effort to note that TBF AND FILLIPK had lanterns?
You did notice that, yes? :O

(I have no matches or any fire-making objects)
You search the spearman, a hardy warrior. You take from his hands:

Spear haft [Prod/Hit/Prop Up (someone/something)] A long metal pole, very hefty.
I now have a long metal pole. OK? I can also prop stuff up, which seems important.
Maybe give it to me as a first action and I'll move my MOV action to the second action slot, and then spend my last two actions hitting that wall, and propping up that entrance?

Anything left unsearched in the Statue room?

Also on a whim, I PM'd NQT the list as scratched on the Nexus.
...He sent me flavor that 'knife' = 'Butter knife'.
Butter Knife [stab (something) A knife for spreading butter on scones.
Yeah this is gonna help lying. xD
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43