Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57751 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 6 - Three Little Problems
« Reply #450 on: July 10, 2016, 08:55:18 pm »

One, if you checked the lists of who was present where, both four mask and Griff have been present in the stranglings. Not one, but both.
Two, both of them were rather quiet. Mask was slightly Morso, but with Tds gone the silence of others is getting noticable.
Speaking of silence,
Tomasque, got anything to say on the state of the team?
Edit: had to fix autocorrect. I hate it.
You understand the concept of movement in this game, right?
But... It is a good-ish time for a reread... And... Ooh you're busted.
Night 1:  Zombie Urist is strangled, and neither 4mask or me ended in that room.  You were in there, with just above half the people.  Persus got stabbed, and was in the other room, with just about less then half of us. Did you stab him too?  Note here that almost no-one full-claimed their night 1 actions, and other then someone's word, there's no way to tell when people moved into the new room.

Night 2: Persus and Teneb died, and the whole retcon thing happened... And Persus became alive.  Tiruin got stab-stabbed, and in the end there were 5 people in the statue hall, while the new embalming room was explored.
Night 3:

Statue Room:
TheBiggerFish
BlackHeartKabal

Embalming Room:
Deus Asmoth
Dustan
Persus
Tiruin

Nexus:
Fillipk
4mask
Griffinpup
Tomasque

And... oww oww oww migraine.  Imma post this just to keep track of it, the general goal is to compile where everyone is so we have a record.  Anyhoo, my brain's dying.  I'm out

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 10, 2016, 08:56:43 pm »

Persus, Fallacy, BHK: Action plan for covering this room. Someone try the west door as I will try to get those snakes so the east passage is traversable--that said, anyone going for the west door should be pretty quick I think, because we have to go through the snakes (as far as I presume that NQT map).
I'll head through the snake free door and see what's in there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 11, 2016, 12:14:20 am »

@Tiruin:Uhh, pretty much just moved around a lot?  Inspected the hole in the wall.  Well, inspected the wall, which was a hole.

And it's okay, it's just that I have like six or seven pages right now and all so things are slipping.  :v
Since you've used your medkit and Fallacy used his medkit--why not use your move to help us here (so that if in case you're not an assassin [still suspecting my trio here :v], you're avoiding a hit by making a move order); the same goes with Fallacy just in case (ie That whole move/evade SoP? Seems to have worked as we are 8/9 and 4mask bled out).

tldr; TBF: Get over here or move anywhere else--leave the healing to Fallacy. We can monitor who the strangler is like that by grouping folks up in designated orders.
Although that does keep one subaction slot filled, it does give a sense of continuous order.

Persus, Fallacy, BHK: Action plan for covering this room. Someone try the west door as I will try to get those snakes so the east passage is traversable--that said, anyone going for the west door should be pretty quick I think, because we have to go through the snakes (as far as I presume that NQT map).
From the description of the room and NQT's clarifying note, it seems that the West door isn't blocked by snakes (the snakes are specifically mentioned to be blocking the east door only). The West door is mentioned before the snakes. I had a plan for dealign with the snakes, but if you think you can kill them, then go ahead.
Really? His picture clarification makes it seem like the snakes do occupy the passage :P
NQT: Clarify -- order of distance is: Passage, archway w/ cobwebs, snaeks. Correct? If we move to the west passage, snakes aren't necessarily in our way?

Dustan: What did you use to attack griffin? Pretty blatant question but :v at that. Bet it must've been gotten from the place since there was no report of bleeding after phase 1 (someone go back and check please).

Readedit: Wait Persus got stabbed Phase 1. Redact that. Must've been something someone already held :v
...Thus I'm leaning on boundaries of guessing that there are 4 lethal-weapon players here (1 being a bleeding weapon), of indeterminate alignment. Sure one of them is the strangler, but the guns. And the stabber I am unsure now if it is purely assassin (to balance out the lethality, maybe? Albeit the scumteam knowing who else they are would make it a gray zone of deliberation--although this assumes the gunners are both explorers in turn).

NQT again: May we be certain that any gunshot is immediately lethal to any person, barring any sort of possible protective items that may exist? (Bulletproof vest \o/ ...anyone got that? :P Indiana Jones and the BULLETPROOF VEST!)

As of now, the Embalming and Statue room is cleared out :v
Can anyone list their NON-WEAPON ITEMS please? As in items they OBTAINED FROM THE TEMPLE (so as not to claim personal items)?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 11, 2016, 12:29:29 am »

@Dustan Hache: I think it's kind of a clusterfuck, but at least people are talking, which is good.

By the way, anybody got anything that can unclog the pool?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 11, 2016, 12:47:20 am »

@Dustan Hache: I think it's kind of a clusterfuck, but at least people are talking, which is good.

By the way, anybody got anything that can unclog the pool?
Describe the pool again please; what's causing the clog? What matters about it?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 11, 2016, 01:36:37 am »

Describe the pool again please; what's causing the clog? What matters about it?
You peer through the murky pool, pushing surface leaves aside. Before it clouds up, you see a clogged grate at the bottom of the pool, covered in leaves.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 11, 2016, 01:37:03 am »

Tiruin, if the description you posted of the snake den is correct, the snakes would only be in front of the archway east. So someone going east would first walk past snakes, then walk through cobweb, and then into the next room.

Barring protection, if someone were to have a gun, you would expect it to be instantly fatal.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 11, 2016, 01:38:22 am »

Oh, and the clogged grate is bolded, meaning it can be acted upon.
Money!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 11, 2016, 02:19:37 am »

Oh, and the clogged grate is bolded, meaning it can be acted upon.
Who has the pole from TDS' body? 'Prod leaves'.
Bereft of that, shooting the leaves can work--considering the velocity of a gunshot and the depth of the pool, I do believe that it can work out too.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 11, 2016, 07:44:16 am »

One, if you checked the lists of who was present where, both four mask and Griff have been present in the stranglings. Not one, but both.
Two, both of them were rather quiet. Mask was slightly Morso, but with Tds gone the silence of others is getting noticable.
Speaking of silence,
Tomasque, got anything to say on the state of the team?
Edit: had to fix autocorrect. I hate it.
You understand the concept of movement in this game, right?
But... It is a good-ish time for a reread... And... Ooh you're busted.
Night 1:  Zombie Urist is strangled, and neither 4mask or me ended in that room.  You were in there, with just above half the people.  Persus got stabbed, and was in the other room, with just about less then half of us. Did you stab him too?  Note here that almost no-one full-claimed their night 1 actions, and other then someone's word, there's no way to tell when people moved into the new room.

Night 2: Persus and Teneb died, and the whole retcon thing happened... And Persus became alive.  Tiruin got stab-stabbed, and in the end there were 5 people in the statue hall, while the new embalming room was explored.
Night 3:

Statue Room:
TheBiggerFish
BlackHeartKabal

Embalming Room:
Deus Asmoth
Dustan
Persus
Tiruin

Nexus:
Fillipk
4mask
Griffinpup
Tomasque

And... oww oww oww migraine.  Imma post this just to keep track of it, the general goal is to compile where everyone is so we have a record.  Anyhoo, my brain's dying.  I'm out
Allow me to counterpoint that the strangler has been lingering in the rooms long enough to loot their target, and since all rooms are dim (meaning actions are anonymous) They have nothing to fear from lingering unless someone connects the dots. Meanwhile, the stabber is easily countered due to the medkit, which prevents them from killing as long as people remember to announce they are bleeding out.
 On top of that I have proof that tiruin was NOT in the embalming room when they were stabbed, thanks to tomasque.

Okay... let's get a good look at what each room looks like. I went through the vine exit along with a few others, and this is what it looks like.

Embalming Room
In the embalming room there are three simple stone slabs (with room underneath for storing instruments) in marble, sandstone and granite. A delicate mural spreads across one wall. A depressed panel lies underfoot.. Southwest leads to the nexus.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Tomasque
Dustan Hache
Deus Asmoth (replacing Roo)
This was during phase three.
Additionally, at the start of phase four:
Woo, healing plan worked \o/ Although I moved myself to the embalming room and what happened it looks like new o_O

The Embalming Room
In the embalming room there are three simple stone slabs (with room underneath for storing instruments) in marble, sandstone and granite. A delicate mural spreads across one wall.[...]

Deus Asmoth
Dustan
Persus
Tiruin
...Anyone searched these things or...?
Tiruin did not claim to be stabbed, at all. Nor did anyone I was present with during the previous turn.
Additionally, I did several item softclaims and (most recently) an Item Hardclaim.
Speaking of that..

Tiruin:
I used my Brain Hook to deal the damage.
My Non Weapon Temple Item Is a Fedora (Indiana jones style hat) that I found in a hole in a wall.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 11, 2016, 07:56:32 am »

Now for the incriminating evidence
My attempts at forensic work.
The first person to be strangled was Zombie Urist. At the time we all started in one room, and anyone could have done it.
Nevertheless, those that remained in the Nexus were
Nexus
- Roo
- Fillipk
- TheBiggerFish
- Dustan Hache
- BlackHeartKabal

The next to die was Teneb, in the Statue Hall. At the end of Puzzle phase 2, these were the people in the Statue Hall:
4maskwolf
Griffinpup

TheDarkStar
BlackHeartKabal
Tiruin (Bleeding Out)
Persus
TheBiggerFish

TDS died Puzzle Phase 3, in the Nexus. At the end of that phase, there were 4 explorers in the room.

The Overgrown Nexus

The dead body of TheDarkStar lies here, strangled to death.

Fillipk
4mask
Griffinpup

Tomasque
TDS died.

Griffinpup: What actions did you take last night?
Two out of three, you were present Griffin, along with 4mask. Coincidence? I think not.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 11, 2016, 10:16:12 am »

Allow me to counterpoint that the strangler has been lingering in the rooms long enough to loot their target, and since all rooms are dim (meaning actions are anonymous) They have nothing to fear from lingering unless someone connects the dots. Meanwhile, the stabber is easily countered due to the medkit, which prevents them from killing as long as people remember to announce they are bleeding out.
 On top of that I have proof that tiruin was NOT in the embalming room when they were stabbed, thanks to tomasque.
I'd LOVE to hear that proof then. Because...I was in the STATUE ROOM IN PHASE 2 WHEN I WAS STABBED. :P [I didn't move, and I think I did note it was a first action thing so my suspicions lay with those who were in the Statue room, at the end of phase 1]
Quote from: ie THIS SETUP OF PEEPS
Three Statues of Eternal Warriors guarding the temple stand here in various states of disrepair. There's the Spearman, the Priest, and the Assassin. A delicate mural spreads across one wall. When you walk in, a panel in the floor sinks slightly.  Northwest leads back to the nexus.

4maskwolf
Griffinpup
Persus13 (Bleeding Out)
Teneb
TDS
Tiruin
Tomasque

Dustan: That's a strange misinformation you've got there along with crediting Tomasque.
Although it could pretty be muchly formatting -.-
...What or who is your case against? o_O I got lost after the parts referencing to me.

Also strangle + loot = 2 subactions out of 4. They can spend the other 2 MOVING :-\ So it's very elusive.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 11, 2016, 11:06:23 am »

If you go back a bit to turn two, I Investigated the opening and found a hat. This left me with 3 turns to do actions with, (Assuming you believe that I didn't start with a hat) And in order for me to move into the statue room, stab you, and then run to the embalming room, I would need FIVE actions total to actually do the job after finding that hat. So what did I do inbetween hat finding and moving to another room?
I investigated the cracked brickwork, but because I didn't have anything I could use on it, I left it be.

Back to the present now. I am going to Search fourmask's corpse, clear the drain in the pool with my hook (if I can), And then move to the unrevealed room adjacent to the snake pit In that order. I would prefer that griffin be left to die, and get searched afterwards since I am STRONGLY of the belief that he is scum, but since I only wanted to test the capabilities of my most recent item, I have no objections to you people healing him (at least, until he stabs or strangles me.)

Also, the reason I credited Tomasque is for keeping track of who was in the embalming room that turn. It only strengthens my argument that I am not an assassin stabbing for the fun of it.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 11, 2016, 11:14:25 am »

It would of been awesome if you guys would've waited for me to finish my half-post... Ya know.  It's coming up soon.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 11, 2016, 11:41:39 am »

It would of been awesome if you guys would've waited for me to finish my half-post... Ya know.  It's coming up soon.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43