Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57717 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 4 - A Mounting Body Pile
« Reply #330 on: June 28, 2016, 01:36:11 pm »

The statue of the priest is remarkably lifelike. He appears to be reading something, but whatever he was reading is no longer there.

You search the panel. It appears to be a spring-weighted pressure plate which probably activates some sort of mechanism elsewhere in the temple.

Statue Hall
Three Statues of Eternal Warriors guarding the temple stand here. They're all broken. There's the Spearman, the Priest, and the Assassin. A faded mural spreads across one wall. A depressed panel takes up the floor space near the passage leading Northwest back to the nexus.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 28, 2016, 04:00:48 pm »

I tried to search it this round but someone else did - griffinpup. What's in it?

TBF: Can you just heal yourself? You have that medkit.
I'm probably able to.  Don't bother, at least.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:05 pm »

I tried to search it this round but someone else did - griffinpup. What's in it?
It's a clogged drain at the bottom.  It doesn't seem useful at all.  There's lots of leaves if that helps anyone??
Oh, what turn did you search it?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:16 pm »

Is there any way to clear the drain, griffin?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 28, 2016, 07:38:37 pm »

Fallacy of Urist has replaced fillipk

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 28, 2016, 08:31:46 pm »

... ahoy!
~~~
So... what's been going on exactly?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 29, 2016, 12:30:25 am »

... ahoy!
~~~
So... what's been going on exactly?
As far as I know, you are everything Fillipk is. That means you healed me and I can trust your face :^ also presumedly the Nexus is lit thanks to your work.

What's been going on is us trying to GET FURTHER IN but then people die and stuff, inferring from the title here is that someone may have died last night? Nobody's reporting on their respective rooms though--although we have both Embalming and Statue rooms covered.

BHK: Where did Teneb's body go?
I remember 4mask being the first to talk about it.
People: PLEASE DISPLAY ALL FINDINGS OF SEARCHES >_>

So I explored the deep pool in the Nexus.  Has anyone else explored it?
I tried to do that round one but someone else searched it before I did.
Y'know I was under the impression that it was already searched. :V
Because people have been talking about it but there have been no results discussed in public, so confusion happens. >_> The discussion phase is OUR ONLY TIME TO ACTUALLY BE EFFICIENT :I (Well obviously we can be efficient individually but seriously, I'm in the doubt that discussing open our findings would help the scumteam more than us because they're just here to KEEL US ALL {+ whatever special ending they've got. Probably related to that Mural thingy and bringing those items to the tomb or whatever})

What're your findings lately, FoU? Impressions of the game?

Everyone: Impressions please.
I'm under the impression that those with guns should just shoot freely >_> Considering that one bleeding wound can totally kick an explorer into 'Heal me D: I can't do anything else I guess mostly?' phase. And considering that the bleeding wounds have been consecutive--it's being done intentionally by a killer-of-sorts. Presuming they're assassin or otherwise (was there confirmation that thtere can be 3rd parties?) because a scumteam with a kill+bleed ability is just ugh.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 29, 2016, 12:49:25 am »

Edit: Got the correct desc of the room I'm in (That's why I put down the [...] bit because it said 'when you walk in, a panel...')

The Embalming Room
In the embalming room there are three simple stone slabs (with room underneath for storing instruments) in marble, sandstone and granite. The sandstone and granite slabs are upturned. A faded mural spreads across one wall. A depressed panel lies underfoot. Southwest leads to the nexus.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Deus Asmoth
Dustan
Persus
Tiruin

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 29, 2016, 02:28:21 am »

The Overgrown Nexus
A pentagonal chamber spreads out before you. Here there is a toppled pillar, a deep pool, a heap of vines in front of a passage to the northeast. A scuffed Statue of Nak Leth towers in front of the disturbed brickwork of the north wall. A passage leads southeast to what looks like a Statue Hall. The room is dimly illuminated by the opening back east.

The dead body of explorer NQT lies here, strangled to death and turned at an unnatural angle.

The dead body of Zombie Urist lies here, strangled to death, pockets turned out.

The dead body of TheDarkStar lies here, strangled to death.

Carved into the floor at various points (randomly ordered):

book
Book
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them.
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps.
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound.
knife
Broken unlit lantern
Matches (6), Whiskey (12)
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Fillipk
4mask
Griffinpup
Tomasque
TDS died.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 29, 2016, 08:48:30 am »

What're your findings lately, FoU? Impressions of the game?
... it's complicated.
As in, the game is bloody complicated.
I don't know what else I was expecting... oh wait, non-complication.

Oh well. I'll live. I volunteered to replace, and if at all possible I'm going to see this game through.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 29, 2016, 09:25:33 am »

Funny thing. 4Mask has not been attacked yet, and is comparatively quiet. What are you doing, bro?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 29, 2016, 12:14:54 pm »

Is there any way to clear the drain, griffin?
Potentially.  The flavor I got offered no real clues though.
Quote from: notquitethere
You peer through the murky pool, pushing surface leaves aside. Before it clouds up, you see a clogged grate at the bottom of the pool, covered in leaves.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 29, 2016, 03:18:05 pm »

You have about 20 hours left to detect, dissemble, demand and discuss before the phase ends.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 29, 2016, 05:38:06 pm »

Someone seems to have jammed the panel in the embalming room. Does anyone know if the other one is as well?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 29, 2016, 05:57:10 pm »

Someone seems to have jammed the panel in the embalming room. Does anyone know if the other one is as well?
You only just noticed that? I said it well before you did, sir.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43