Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57712 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 1 - The Overgrown Nexus
« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2016, 04:38:11 am »

1. Is there an inventory limit? 2. When you also say 'unique items', that means only the person possessing those items can use those items, or that they're just uniquely made towards the person?
1. There is no inventory limit. 2. Only the person possessing an item can use it's actions, but if they drop or give those items, or the items are looted from their dead body, the new owner can use the items. They're not uniquely made for just one person.

1.Alriiiight. So...can we read messages in an otherwise defaultly stated dim room? :P 2. Is reading messages automatic when entering a room? 3. What if we're in a room and another player inscribes a message (and we move out but are slower than their inscribing speed)--do we see the message?
1. Yes.

2. There are three ways messages can be written: A- publicly on the floor of a room, B- hidden on an object, C- privately passed to a player. Everyone in the room automatically sees A if they're in that room at the end of the phase. Everyone sees B if they search that object. Only the recipient of C can read the message.

3. You only see floor messages in your final location. If the room you left was lit, you'd see that the other player was writing a message (but not what they wrote).

Players are allowed to quote verbatim descriptions I send them in PMs, so other players may tell you what messages they see.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Puzzle Phase 1 - The First Scramble
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2016, 08:00:32 am »

The explorers exchange a few words before splitting up to explore the dimly lit nexus.

Puzzle Phase 1

Please send in your four actions to me in the next 24 hours, before Monday 2PM BST (GMT+1).

The Overgrown Nexus
A pentagonal chamber spreads out before you. Here there is a crumbling pillar, a deep pool, a growth of vines along the northeast wall and a Statue of Nak Leth towers in front of the crumbling brickwork of the north wall. A passage leads southeast to what looks like a Statue Hall. The room is illuminated by the opening back east.

A Medkit is lying beside the dead body of explorer NQT, strangled to death

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
- Griffinpup
- TheDarkStar
- Persus13
- Zombie Urist
- 4maskwolf
- Tomasque
- Roo
- Fillipk
- TheBiggerFish
- Dustan Hache
- Tiruin
- Teneb
- BlackHeartKabal

Spoiler: Possible Actions (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2016, 10:11:00 am »

Note: unless explicitly stated otherwise, a room is dim. This means players cannot see each other's actions.

The Overgrown Nexus is dim.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2016, 08:07:25 am »

Sending out PMs now...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2016, 10:17:19 am »

The explorers fan out, getting to work on uncovering the temple's secrets.

Discussion Phase 2

You have received your room descriptions. This phase will end in 48 hours at about 4PM Wednesday BST (GMT+1)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 05:38:43 pm by notquitethere »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2016, 10:22:36 am »

Alright, so...

Did people find anything that might benefit the group as a whole?

I didn't in the Nexus, wasn't quick enough on the draw.  I am now in the statue room, which has three statues (Spearman, Priest, and Assassin) along with a delicate mural and a panel in the floor that sunk in when I entered.

Persus13: What the fuck happened to you?  My "entering the statue room" thing tells me that you're bleeding out.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2016, 10:45:49 am »

I'm in the statue room too, and I'm confirming what 4mask said about it - the panel sunk for me as I entered, too.

There's no way to go further here, so that means we're split between two rooms. The people in each room are the following:

Nexus
- Zombie Urist
- Roo
- Fillipk
- TheBiggerFish
- Dustan Hache
- BlackHeartKabal

Statue Hall
- 4maskwolf
- Griffinpup
- Persus13 (Bleeding Out)
- Teneb
- TDS
- Tiruin
- Tomasque

People in Nexus: What is written down in the room?
People in the Statue Hall: On what action did you enter, and what did you see (regarding the panel)

I myself entered the Statue hall on the 4th action and saw it sink into the ground when I entered.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2016, 10:48:04 am »

People in the Statue Hall: On what action did you enter, and what did you see (regarding the panel)
I entered on my fourth action, and I answered the second question already in my initial post.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2016, 10:57:15 am »

Actually, The situation is worse. Zombie Urist has been strangled to death by an unknown assailant. I didn't see them because it is dim, but whoever has the matches better light biggerfish's lamp for them ASAP.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2016, 11:00:36 am »

Revision of things:
NQT just sent me an update to the room description informing me that the panel was depressed when I entered and takes up floor space near the passage between the Nexus and Statue Hall.  So I'm guessing that Persus entered first and got nailed by some "on-entry" trap, which is why he's bleeding out.

Persus13: is this true?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2016, 11:01:07 am »

Actually, The situation is worse. Zombie Urist has been strangled to death by an unknown assailant. I didn't see them because it is dim, but whoever has the matches better light biggerfish's lamp for them ASAP.
Did you find anything of interest searching around the room?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2016, 11:03:17 am »

I entered as my fourth action and saw the panel sink slightly.

Persus, did you enter as your first action? What happened to you?

PPE:

Well then. I guess we're down a player; in addition, we know that one of the assassins is roo/fillipk/TBF/dustan/BHK.

Also, what was written in the Nexus?

PPE #2: I also got the updated PM. So Persus, what were your actions last night?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2016, 11:06:10 am »

General Reminder

Unlike in regular mafia, you are allowed to repeat verbatim any description text I PM you (including room and item descriptions). However, please do not post anything from me using quote tags (as the legitimacy of these could be verified). Also, any player may ask for fake flavour text if they wish to lie about any description.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2016, 11:33:25 am »

book
Book
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them.
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps.
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound.
knife
Broken unlit lantern
Matches (6), Whiskey (12)
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly.
There are 11 items written down and 13 people to write items down start talking

Now two questions, who strangled Zombie and who picked up the medkit, I'm not in the statue room because I wrote down my items separately and no one helped me fix my lantern so I have some urgency, but it seems to me some people in the statue room are being less then honest.

Oh and there may be monsters in the tomb because when I examined the statue this popped up
Searching the statue, you see the gaping eye sockets and elongated face of Nak Leth. Someone has scratched into the side: "The Vatican sends its best, yet I find myself unarmed and underprepared."
so be careful of that

To everyone on my side of the tomb what things in the environment did you interact with and what are the results?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2016, 11:46:47 am »

It appears that the strangle kill is the this game's version of the scum nightkill as that is how NQT was killed in the opening of the game.
A Medkit is lying beside the dead body of explorer NQT, strangled to death[/i].

Revision of things:
NQT just sent me an update to the room description informing me that the panel was depressed when I entered and takes up floor space near the passage between the Nexus and Statue Hall.  So I'm guessing that Persus entered first and got nailed by some "on-entry" trap, which is why he's bleeding out.

Persus13: is this true?
Nope, I saw the panel sink when I walked in though. See my response to TDS for the bleeding out stuff.

Persus, did you enter as your first action? What happened to you? So Persus, what were your actions last night?
Entering the Statue hall was my last action, I was stabbed in the Nexus. Two of my actions were to search stuff and those failed, but I did find a path to the northeast from the Nexus.

If you have healing abilities, I would like to request your assistance this puzzle phase, as I don't have long to live.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43