Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57900 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2016, 10:24:10 pm »

Ok, dudes, discussion plan--I've been thinking and the best thing we can MASSCLAIM (in lieu of the 3 assassins, considering that we've got at least 1 or 2 weapon-folks on our side) is our move speeds and message speeds.
I searched the pillar and it...toppled over :V {HAH, CLUMSY!}
And...eh, I'll just quote eet :v

And here's the room desc too.
You search the pillar. There's nothing of worth on it, but as you feel around it, the whole thing topples over. As it does, it sets another crack in the brick wall.
[...]

Three Statues of Eternal Warriors guarding the temple stand here in various states of disrepair. There's the Spearman, the Priest, and the Assassin. A delicate mural spreads across one wall. When you walk in, a panel in the floor sinks slightly.  Northwest leads back to the nexus.

Both of my movement and message speeds are Very Fast, since I'm a running boy for the older explorers.

I searched the statue.

You look over the statue of Nak Leth: at some point someone had jammed a green gem into the left eye-socket. The ill-fitting gem crumbles to dust as you go to prise it from the socket.

Someone has scratched into the side of the statue: "The Vatican sends its best, yet I find myself unarmed and underprepared."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2016, 10:27:58 pm »

...I believe someone wrote that thing on the statue and wow, if so, that's some puzzling puzzle >_>
HOWEVER there's a specific idea there. "Vatican". So...who wrote that? I don't bother with writing because I've got probably the worst writing speed ever (I have no idea how to infer that from my profession).
And my MOV/MES is both Fast/V. Slow.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2016, 10:31:00 pm »

So are 3rd parties possible in this game? It's big enough that it doesn't seem unlikely.

BHK:  Are you planning on scumhunting today?

Tiruin:  What is the actual benefit of saying our speeds? I don't see an advantage.  If anything, it seems useful for scum to plan around.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2016, 10:33:55 pm »

So are 3rd parties possible in this game? It's big enough that it doesn't seem unlikely.

Tiruin:  What is the actual benefit of saying our speeds? I don't see an advantage.  If anything, it seems useful for scum to plan around.
I'm planning to add the MOV speeds to the system because we can infer--if we plan to massclaim what actions we did in the future, along with the buddy system [proposed/discussed...add to it guys?], we can check who's lagging behind and pair same-speed people up together.

Also, doubtful. :v We've a 3 man assassin team in a very unclear-on-how-to-hunt-them-since-they-wanna-keel-us-all and then add third parties?!
That'll also add to the confusion. But as a trivial aside may make sense(?)
Quote from: OP
Puzzle Temple Panic! is a mafia-like game for 13 players. Three players are elite assassins, the rest are tomb raiders explorers. The explorers win when one of them has entered Nak Leth's tomb. Each explorer will get an improved ending if they manage to survive the temple and escape with an item of valuable treasure. The Assassins win when either all of the explorers are dead or the way to the tomb is permanently sealed. They have a secret win condition for an improved ending.
NQT: To whom does the orange part refer to?
Also is the general layout or distance before Nak Leth's Tomb known to all? :V

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38:45 pm »

Let's start.

I waited twice in the nexus, and recieved two updates. ZU was killed before roo came into the room, which means roo didn't kill him.

Since I'm aware that I'm not mafia, and Roo came into the room after ZU was killed, that means that at least one of Dustan, fillipk, or TBF are an assassin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2016, 10:56:31 pm »

Let's start.

I waited twice in the nexus, and recieved two updates. ZU was killed before roo came into the room, which means roo didn't kill him.

Since I'm aware that I'm not mafia, and Roo came into the room after ZU was killed, that means that at least one of Dustan, fillipk, or TBF are an assassin.
Uhh, the nexus is the...first room. How does the updating follow? And...how did the first two sentences coincide with each other and that list of 'at least 3 suspects'?
Also moving into the next room was my last action (everyone thinking of action massclaiming instead of item massclaiming or whatever?) and I didn't get that kind of updates.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »

Let's start.

Uhh, the nexus is the...first room. How does the updating follow? And...how did the first two sentences coincide with each other and that list of 'at least 3 suspects'?
Also moving into the next room was my last action (everyone thinking of action massclaiming instead of item massclaiming or whatever?) and I didn't get that kind of updates.
Turns out that NQT somehow neglected some things in his description. The second one was a fixed room description, which makes roo a suspect. ZU was explicitly killed by someone ("strangled to death") in the nexus.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2016, 11:05:39 pm »

I'm kinda against a speed claim because then the assassins could use it against us, basically by out speeding someone if they think they could get away with it
Actually, The situation is worse. Zombie Urist has been strangled to death by an unknown assailant. I didn't see them because it is dim, but whoever has the matches better light biggerfish's lamp for them ASAP.

Well then. I guess we're down a player; in addition, we know that one of the assassins is roo/fillipk/TBF/dustan/BHK.

I know I'm repeating what Tiruin said but it seems to me you are forgetting that killing is a single action and the killer could have moved and still written down two items so the killer could literally be anyone but ZU, kinda unclear why you are trying to say one of us 5 in the nexus has to be an assassin?

Anyway the fact that there are 3 statues and 3 assassins is too convenient to be a coincidence, and since two people claimed to have books I think one of them is an assassin.  So if the killer would step forward?  Seriously though if anyone has a book please step forward and share.  I have a book but its just a holy bible I'm guessing I'm here to counteract the evil priest and whatever foul magic they can do or I'm just a religious person.

Let's start.

Well since we all started in the Nexus I don't think we can count out Roo and since we have 4 actions, 13 people and 9 separate item claim actions that leaves more then enough actions for the killer to leave the nexus, they didn't even need to claim items.

@Tiruin I took 4 actions
1. Write down item
2. Write down item
3. Fix lantern
4. investigate statue
I took an extra item writing down action to preserve the secrecy with what my second item is.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2016, 11:12:33 pm »

EBWOP: I just realized that the tone of my book claim sounds like I don't know myself.  I meant it as a joke, like suuure it could be for show but it has a use.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2016, 11:38:09 pm »

B12 searchengine: Book.
...You're the only one who has listed down books? o_O And...what relevance does it have with being an assassin? (I SHALL SMITE YOU WITH MY BOOK! [*bash bash bash papercut*]? :V)

Seriously, people. In the least, we need to be open about our ideas here--even scum don't have a scumchat so their only communication is either 'stay in the same room and pass messages' or talk in public.

That reminds me (since everyone POSTS stufs :V), the NQT thing is up here:

There are 13 speeds 1-13, but you only know roughly what speed you are.

I'll estimate both extremes out and supplement 1-3 4-5 6-8 9-10 11-13 as the code from very slow to very fast.
General search happens at the end of the phase automatically. Searching specific objects takes any loot on them, lists messages on them and tells you a hint about the use of the object.
May I know the general categories of speeds? :3

Very Slow, Slow, Average, Fast, Very Fast.

They're only checked for competing actions on the same sub-phase.
There are four sub-phases to the puzzle round and each sub-phase is resolved in order (all of the players' first actions, then all of the players' second actions etc.). When actions conflict, the player's speed is consulted. If the speeds are still the same, whoever spent more urgency goes first. If the speeds are still the same after that, actions are resolved in order of:

Messaging -> Looting (searching and taking items) -> Using/Dropping Items -> Moving

2. There are three ways messages can be written: A- publicly on the floor of a room, B- hidden on an object, C- privately passed to a player. Everyone in the room automatically sees A if they're in that room at the end of the phase. Everyone sees B if they search that object. Only the recipient of C can read the message.
I am very...curious at you, BHK.

@Tiruin I took 4 actions
1. Write down item
2. Write down item
3. Fix lantern
4. investigate statue
@1/2: Where/how, according to the above? Did you pass it to another player or...?

...Also 'fix' lantern?
What info did you get on the statues?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2016, 12:08:50 am »

I said book because priest and I would hide an unholy time as book

Publicly, so everyone can see them

And it failed because I had no way to fix the glass and no replacement glass, I got urgency though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2016, 03:16:19 am »

Quote from: OP
Puzzle Temple Panic! is a mafia-like game for 13 players. Three players are elite assassins, the rest are tomb raiders explorers. The explorers win when one of them has entered Nak Leth's tomb. Each explorer will get an improved ending if they manage to survive the temple and escape with an item of valuable treasure. The Assassins win when either all of the explorers are dead or the way to the tomb is permanently sealed. They have a secret win condition for an improved ending.
NQT: To whom does the orange part refer to?
Also is the general layout or distance before Nak Leth's Tomb known to all? :V

The assassins have a secret win con for an improved ending. The explorers have a known improved win con.

The layout and distance are not known, no.

Any lynch tallies you do are intra-player and not my business.

There are definitely no 3rd parties.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2016, 03:40:38 am »

Let's start.

I am aware that this is an incorrect room description, but how would you know when someone was killed and when someone entered the room if you only receive room descriptions at the end of the puzzle phase? It's a dim room as well - there's no way you could have known player actions!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2016, 07:01:44 am »

Also: Who in the Nexus claimed their items?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2016, 07:07:32 am »

Shouting between the two chambers, the plucky explorers discuss the death of their travelling companion and bicker over supplies.

This Discussion Phase ends in 27 hours time.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43