Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57820 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2016, 01:05:19 pm »

According to the list, the town has two guns (assuming that scum would keep their lethal weapons discreet) and at least one of their owners is open to suggestions from the town. I'm not sure if it's actually a good idea to lynch right now, especially since killing scum isn't vital to winning, so I'll vote for no kill.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2016, 01:14:12 pm »

I think claiming items is a terrible idea. Why? It tells the scum who to go for first. "Hey, this player has an item that can fuck us! Let's kill them first!". Not only that, but town players with useful stuff, as well as the scum, will probably fakeclaim to avoid attracting attention, which, again, does not help town. Items are pretty much your rolepowers in this setup, so you are basically telling everyone your role for bad reasons.

A more reasonable approach would be to claim how many items you have, so those inclined to can keep track of stuff. For instance, I have 2 (two) items.

PPE: TDS: As far as I am aware, there is no lynch. At best, you can try to convince weapon-owners to target a specific target.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2016, 01:41:01 pm »

I think claiming items is a terrible idea. Why? It tells the scum who to go for first. "Hey, this player has an item that can fuck us! Let's kill them first!". Not only that, but town players with useful stuff, as well as the scum, will probably fakeclaim to avoid attracting attention, which, again, does not help town. Items are pretty much your rolepowers in this setup, so you are basically telling everyone your role for bad reasons.

The whole point of claiming items through writing is that it's anonymous.

A more reasonable approach would be to claim how many items you have, so those inclined to can keep track of stuff. For instance, I have 2 (two) items.

This would still put targets on people with more than the usual number of items.

PPE: TDS: As far as I am aware, there is no lynch. At best, you can try to convince weapon-owners to target a specific target.

Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them.

Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly.
[/i]
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:42 pm »

Revision of things:
NQT just sent me an update to the room description informing me that the panel was depressed when I entered and takes up floor space near the passage between the Nexus and Statue Hall.
Same for me.

TDS: Why do you assume the assassin is still in the Nexus?
fillipk: Why do you think that there are an odd number of items claimed?
Persus: Exactly when were you stabbed?
Dustan: Who do you see in the Nexus right now?
-Blackheartkabal
-Dustan Hache (Myself)
-Fillipk
-TheBiggerFish
-Roo

... Hey, which of you has a stiff leather whip? Just out of curiosity.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »

Sorry I'm late, (thread) queueueueues and all.

I took an item and searched some other places.

I got 2 urgency.

Perseus, what's going on with this bleeding out thing?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:00 pm »

PFP
TBF you grabbed the medkit? Is that the item you mean?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2016, 02:02:45 pm »

Yes, it is.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2016, 08:01:11 pm »

I got stabbed after my first action.

BHK, read my previous posts today for info on my Bleeding Out. Also I could use that medkit, fast.

PFP.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2016, 08:06:23 pm »

BHK, read my previous posts today for info on my Bleeding Out. Also I could use that medkit, fast.
I assume you didn't mean to direct this towards me?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2016, 09:11:17 pm »

TBF, do you have a lantern? If so why didn't you write that down?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2016, 10:00:31 pm »

Okay.  So... What the crap guys? We had 9 items written down, and there's 13 players.  That's less then 50% of everyone writing down their items.  NQT said that everyone has 2 unique items.  Now the question is, why would people not bother to write down their items when (I thought so at least) it was pretty agreed upon to do that?  Not only did you completely invalidate any information we may of wanted (This would of probably caught 1 or 2 scum, I guarantee it), you also suckered some of us into completely wasting half our turn. 
And with my tiny rant out of the way...
TBF, you are planning on healing Persus, yeah? I don't know the exact properties of the medkit, but I assume it can stop bleeding?

Everyone: Those who explored stuff, what did you find out?
Shall this be a game of scumhunting now, or not?  He have people willing to do vig kills for us.
NQT: Do you do lynch tallies, even though there's no mechanism? Or will that be purely intra-player?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2016, 10:15:50 pm »

Ok, dudes, discussion plan--I've been thinking and the best thing we can MASSCLAIM (in lieu of the 3 assassins, considering that we've got at least 1 or 2 weapon-folks on our side) is our move speeds and message speeds. The Item speeds (as I've come to question NQT over PMs :P [Hee, sorry dude x3 Many many PMs!]) determine the speed of us being ATTACKED which pretty much determines also what and when we can do items.

Next, I believe pairing up with others as a buddy system is also a good scumhunting plan, in such that we KNOW this can snoop out folks who want to kill us. In at least also going with a messaging system and stuff >_>
I'm tired and sick <~< I'll write the rest of this later when I remember where the rest of my notes are. That said, here's some NQT PMs

I searched the pillar and it...toppled over :V {HAH, CLUMSY!}
And...eh, I'll just quote eet :v

And here's the room desc too.
You search the pillar. There's nothing of worth on it, but as you feel around it, the whole thing topples over. As it does, it sets another crack in the brick wall.
[...]

Three Statues of Eternal Warriors guarding the temple stand here in various states of disrepair. There's the Spearman, the Priest, and the Assassin. A delicate mural spreads across one wall. When you walk in, a panel in the floor sinks slightly.  Northwest leads back to the nexus.

TDS: Why do you assume the assassin is still in the Nexus?

Because ZU was strangled in the Nexus Nevermind, I forgot that the strangler could have moved.
I believe we need a lit room in order to find the killer appropriately :/ Considering that we have a case of the SCHRODINGER'S KILLER [ie Could've or could not have moved :V], and that our first 2 rooms are dimly lit, we can't do anything unless we know who has what--and that's a bad idea because that generally sets people up as scum targets (I do also believe that scum have a STRANGLE type weapon considering NQT's flavor and ZU's flavor. I also asked flavor questions to NQT and we just were silly with it x3)

I didn't in the Nexus, wasn't quick enough on the draw.  I am now in the statue room, which has three statues (Spearman, Priest, and Assassin) along with a delicate mural and a panel in the floor that sunk in when I entered.

Interesting. On inference, this could be either a clue to the rooms or puzzles we'll be facing, OR a clue to who the scum are (though I'm unsure what a priest can do, associating the flavor of the kills and wounds to the flavor found here makes reasonable sense--assassins can strangle people [silent kills?] and spearmans can poke people to bleed out [however that's also a lethal weapon so >_> Assumptions \o/])
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:19:43 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2016, 10:19:17 pm »

Actually, The situation is worse. Zombie Urist has been strangled to death by an unknown assailant. I didn't see them because it is dim, but whoever has the matches better light biggerfish's lamp for them ASAP.

Well then. I guess we're down a player; in addition, we know that one of the assassins is roo/fillipk/TBF/dustan/BHK.

Also PPR (Like PPE but reading)
How is this a selective categorization? :O It's...strange that it is limited but wha? This is pretty specific-ish.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2016, 10:21:37 pm »

Also that edit thing up there--I edited out NQT's tag--however THAT THING UP THERE also has me rewording some words to join the PMs I've said :v
So yeah. It's less of:
General Reminder

Unlike in regular mafia, you are allowed to repeat verbatim any description text I PM you (including room and item descriptions). However, please do not post anything from me using quote tags (as the legitimacy of these could be verified). Also, any player may ask for fake flavour text if they wish to lie about any description.
The second sentence forward (since I CTRL+A'd after cutting paragraphs and then ctrl+p'd them).
>_>
That thing however is what I've gotten from NQT and my prodding him with a stick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2016, 10:23:21 pm »

Wait, just noticed--that's an incorrect version :V
The correct one already has the panel depressed.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 43