Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57796 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2016, 12:47:29 pm »

@BHK: So 2 of those 9 items on the wall are yours?
Yes.
I'm curious what you plan to interact with. I'm really curious what our plan is for catching scum. I can't currently see a feasible way to do any reliable scumhunting, but scum appear to only have one kill? Could the scum only have one actual killer?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2016, 12:59:44 pm »

People in Nexus: Give me an EXACT transcript of what you see in the Nexus. Multiple people should claim if possible, please.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2016, 01:24:08 pm »

The Overgrown Nexus
A pentagonal chamber spreads out before you. Here there is a toppled pillar, a deep pool, a heap of vines in front of a passage to the northeast. A scuffed Statue of Nak Leth towers in front of the cracked brickwork of the north wall. A passage leads southeast to what looks like a Statue Hall. The room is illuminated by the opening back east.

The dead body of explorer NQT, strangled to death and turned at an unnatural angle.

The dead body of Zombie Urist lies here, strangled to death.

Carved into the floor at various points (randomly ordered):

book
Book
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them.
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps.
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound.
knife
Broken unlit lantern
Matches (6), Whiskey (12)
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
-Blackheartkabal
-Dustan Hache
-Fillipk
-TheBiggerFish
-Roo

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2016, 02:06:16 pm »

Perfect. So, since you wrote down both items in the same action, they would have to be next to each other - however, as you'll see, all items have been written down individually. Let's begin:

book  Simple description, uncapitalized
Book Simple description, capitalized
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them. Simple description, gives number of "charges"
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps. Dunstan's first item. Instead of claiming the other, he handed me a pickle (hence why there is an odd number)
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound. An exact copy of the flavor text (I already asked NQT to show me Bullwhip flavor text - it matches)
knife Simple description, uncapitalized
Broken unlit lantern Simple description, capitalized
Matches (6), Whiskey (12) Simple description, gives number of "charges"
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly. Exact copy of flavor text (checked with NQT again)

In addition, don't you see a pattern here? A pattern that would only happen if people with different action speeds all wrote their items on the same actions? (That's why Mr. Poor Capitalization always is first, and Mr. Blatant Flavor Copy is always last).

So tell me, BHK - if you really did claim two items at once - where do they fit into this list? I have a feeling it's nowhere.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2016, 02:10:20 pm »

Perfect. So, since you wrote down both items in the same action, they would have to be next to each other - however, as you'll see, all items have been written down individually. Let's begin:

book  Simple description, uncapitalized
Book Simple description, capitalized
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them. Simple description, gives number of "charges"
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps. Dunstan's first item. Instead of claiming the other, he handed me a pickle (hence why there is an odd number)
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound. An exact copy of the flavor text (I already asked NQT to show me Bullwhip flavor text - it matches)
knife Simple description, uncapitalized
Broken unlit lantern Simple description, capitalized
Matches (6), Whiskey (12) Simple description, gives number of "charges"
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly. Exact copy of flavor text (checked with NQT again)

In addition, don't you see a pattern here? A pattern that would only happen if people with different action speeds all wrote their items on the same actions? (That's why Mr. Poor Capitalization always is first, and Mr. Blatant Flavor Copy is always last).

So tell me, BHK - if you really did claim two items at once - where do they fit into this list? I have a feeling it's nowhere.
The matches and whiskey are mine. They are two separate items, therefore, two items claimed at once. I'm incapable of seeing what's hard to understand.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2016, 02:22:09 pm »

...aaaand suddenly things click into place. I always thought those two to be a "Molotov set" - ergo essentially one item. I completely overlooked that possibility.

Unvote
Money!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »

Tomasque: So if anyone else has matches and whiskey and wrote it, they should claim that. If not, then BHK is telling the truth (which seems more likely anyway).

I'm curious, though - why did you assume that a limited number of things could be in each message? Were you one of the people who decided not to write one?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2016, 02:27:10 pm »

So BHK, people asked for matches yesterday.  Why didn't you tell them?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 21, 2016, 03:10:55 pm »

I'm curious, though - why did you assume that a limited number of things could be in each message?
I never said that or thought that. I simply didn't realize that hthe matches and whiskey could be his.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 21, 2016, 03:11:35 pm »

Oh, and I did claim my items.
Money!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 21, 2016, 03:16:52 pm »

If they want the matches, they can ask right now, and I'll lend them to them. I didn't tell them because it's still a game of mafia. Not smart to claim stuff D1.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2016, 08:48:25 pm »

If they want the matches, they can ask right now, and I'll lend them to them. I didn't tell them because it's still a game of mafia. Not smart to claim stuff D1.

But they were asking yesterday, and you an anonymously give items to people. Why didn't you?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »

But they were asking yesterday, and you an anonymously give items to people. Why didn't you?
I only have one box of matches. I'll give it to whoever has the lantern, because that'll be amazingly useful if it brightens rooms.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2016, 09:21:59 pm »

I only have one box of matches. I'll give it to whoever has the lantern, because that'll be amazingly useful if it brightens rooms.
i have a lantern but I need to fix it, how about you give them to me the next puzzle phase, I'm going to try disassembling my lantern this time to see if I was smart enough to bring replacement parts.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2016, 09:27:29 pm »

i have a lantern but I need to fix it, how about you give them to me the next puzzle phase, I'm going to try disassembling my lantern this time to see if I was smart enough to bring replacement parts.
Well give him the matches tonight, and so whenever the lantern gets fixed he can light it. That way we don't burn a night, because we don't have to wait for you two to communicate.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43