Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57765 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 1 - The Overgrown Nexus
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:52 pm »

Doesn't prevent people lying or omitting...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »

Doesn't prevent people lying or omitting...
nothing does, but we know everyone has two items so there's that.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:17 pm »

NQT: If a message is permanently scrawled into the ground in a room, everyone can see it during the day, correct?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:49 pm »

EBWOP: Didn't mean to bold the entire thing.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2016, 02:46:44 am »

Anyway I'm here and I think we should split up eventually because the puzzle will involve doing stuff from multiple rooms together otherwise it's unfair for the scum because we would never split up. I think we should share the type of items we have and split up so every group has a way to shine light and save someone so don't pick up the medkit yet.  I have a broken unlit lantern so if someone can repair my lantern that would be helpful.

*Tomasque will remember that*

However, the writing down of items does seem like a good idea - scum can't use it to plan around people's items, hunt people for their items, nor acquire credibility. However, the 4th problem still remains, although slightly differently - if an adventurer later claims to have a non-crypt item that wasn't in the claim pile - due to them or the person they looted it from lying about their items - they will immediately be placed under suspicion. In addition, this version presents the unique problem of scum being able to anonymously add non-existant items to the pool to confuse adventurers, and make them believe a puzzle solution exists among them when it doesn't in reality.

In the end, the pros outweigh the cons, and the last mentioned problem could be minimized if we wrote one item per action instead of writing a pair of items in one action. That way scum could only make 4 false items each instead of 4 pairs of two.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2016, 03:40:26 am »

NQT: If a message is permanently scrawled into the ground in a room, everyone can see it during the day, correct?
That is correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2016, 09:24:18 am »

The explorers look about the crumbling temple complex and begin to plan their exploration, knowing that there are assassins amongst them...

The Discussion Phases ends in about 22 hours time.

Feel free to send me any actions in advance if you've already made up your mind what you're doing. If you've still got any questions about mechanics, do ask.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2016, 10:29:31 am »

Well fishie. I'm super busy and its 21 hours till discussion end :I Could I please ask a quick recap? Will do my best to read up .-.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2016, 12:21:15 pm »

So we write out messages into the main chamber first and then take our other actions, right? Are we going to decide who goes where or will people move wherever?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2016, 12:27:57 pm »

Well, I can do something in the chamber that hasnŽt been volunteered for, so IŽll be doing that.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2016, 12:33:19 pm »

Alright. I think a good way to start is to organize who interacts with what. I'll interact with either the pillar or the statue.
...either?

You're a paranoid sort, huh?  :P
It's an expedition into a temple. While you flail around in a snake pit, I'll be alive to dodge the assassins, take a treasure, and bolt with everyone else.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2016, 12:58:21 pm »

Guys I still have a lantern that needs to be fixed, right now all I can do is bludgeon someone or something with it or throw it at something.  Honestly though I would like to get it fixed so I have more options, and maybe get someone to light it.

we have 4 actions?  The message is one of them, I could examine the statue, and if someone fixes my lantern I could lead a team to explore the next room.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2016, 01:37:56 pm »

we have 4 actions?
Correct.

Clarification on Giving: if you have an item which is a container for a limited number of resources, like Box of Chalk (6), you can either give the whole box to someone, or any number of individual items from the box to any one person as a single action. Eg:

1. Give Jim 2 chalk
2. Give Shakerag 3 chalk
3. Give Box of Chalk (1) to to Elephant Parade

This obviously doesn't work for liquids (your jug of milk (8) can't be split in this way).

If you'd like to know the description of any item in a box of items, let me know. (You might know you have A worn old box of chalk but you might also want to know it's full of six A single white stick of chalk).

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 18, 2016, 02:09:54 pm »

PFP
So, wasting time triple searching everything in this room seems kinda useless to me. I'm probably going to explore the next room, if no one has any obvious reasons not to.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2016, 02:11:57 pm »

Guys I still have a lantern that needs to be fixed, right now all I can do is bludgeon someone or something with it or throw it at something.  Honestly though I would like to get it fixed so I have more options, and maybe get someone to light it.

we have 4 actions?  The message is one of them, I could examine the statue, and if someone fixes my lantern I could lead a team to explore the next room.
I don't have anything that can interact with the lantern. We might be able to able to explore the next room without a lantern anyways. I'll be heading into the next room as my last action.

PFP
So, wasting time triple searching everything in this room seems kinda useless to me. I'm probably going to explore the next room, if no one has any obvious reasons not to.
Well, if you use your first action going to the next room, what are you going to do with your next three?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 43