Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57695 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 1 - The Overgrown Nexus
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2016, 03:28:20 pm »

@Dustan:I think group size doesn't really matter.

Everyone:Do you have matches?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2016, 03:43:11 pm »

In that case, What would you do with a Pickle?
Eat. It.

Umm.. That's an oddly specific question.

...as is this.

Dustan Hache & TheBiggerFish: Why did you ask that question?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2016, 03:53:43 pm »

I assume you have an unlit torch or lantern? (No, I don't have matches - sorry)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2016, 03:56:01 pm »

@Tomasque:Because to use my item properly I need matches.

@TDS:I have something I need to loght, yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2016, 03:56:35 pm »

*light, not loght.
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:12 pm »

In that case, What would you do with a Pickle?
Eat. It.

Umm.. That's an oddly specific question.

...as is this.

Dustan Hache & TheBiggerFish: Why did you ask that question?
I asked both questions for two reasons: one is to give an idea of what I have (yes, the pickle question was serious) and a rough idea of how creative you are with your thinking. I think you might want to re- answer the question with that in mind.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2016, 04:23:54 pm »

TDS: messages are going to be interesting this game. They don't seem useful yet, but later in the game when people start getting outed it could be really useful for keeping some plans secret. I'm not sure when id use it though.

So... I think who has the medkit is nontrivial. Why do you want it, TBF?

Tomasque put out some petty good reasons for not claiming what items you have. That begs the question... Why are several people soft claiming? Specifically, TBF and Dustan

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

Griffin, I believe that since we as a group must solve the puzzles and get treasure out of the Tomb, we need to get a good idea of what we all have available at this time. I suspect that the three methods of killing will not be on the assassins themselves, and are in the room instead.
Additionally, there is nothing saying that assassins will know who holds the most valuable item (though my item is also what prompted me to ask fish his question.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2016, 04:56:36 pm »

So... I think who has the medkit is nontrivial. Why do you want it, TBF?
I already asked this question.

Zombie Urist: What have you done, then?
Nothing?

Alright. I think a good way to start is to organize who interacts with what. I'll interact with either the pillar or the statue.
Why not both?

we need to get a good idea of what we all have available at this time.
Rolefishing?

I suspect that the three methods of killing will not be on the assassins themselves, and are in the room instead.
Additionally, there is nothing saying that assassins will know who holds the most valuable item (though my item is also what prompted me to ask fish his question.)
What three methods? What are you talking about?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2016, 05:05:23 pm »

I asked both questions for two reasons: one is to give an idea of what I have (yes, the pickle question was serious) and a rough idea of how creative you are with your thinking. I think you might want to re- answer the question with that in mind.
I'm a bit skeptical, but since I have nothing to do, I will take you up on your offer. To just wait, buddy - by the time I'm done, the pickle will look like the most important item in the game!

Here are the possible actions for the Pickle:
 -Eat: Does nothing, and uses up the item. It's only there as to trick you into getting rid of such a useful item, or a way for the scum to dispose of it quickly.

-Squeeze: Covers an object (and/or your hands) in the acidic juice of the pickle. Can be used to lubricate metal components, or can sabotage traps / shortcut certain puzzles due to its acidic properties. A weapon covered in it could be more potent against certain enemies, due to the chemicals used to preserve the pickle.

-Throw: Although it causes no damage, the pickle is organic and can set off certain traps that are attuned to that instead of to weight.

In addition, a pickle that is set on the ground will attract small critters, which could reveal the locations of hidden chambers (from which the critters arrive), or can set off traps / be used to solve puzzles.

Note: A pickle that is cut using another object can no longer be thrown or squeezed. However, it attracts critters more powerfully
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2016, 06:26:46 pm »

That is one impressive pickle.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2016, 06:37:01 pm »

I get the feeling we are all going to be...
In a pickle.
*Badum tss*

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2016, 07:31:24 pm »

I get the feeling we are all going to be...
In a pickle.
*Badum tss*
-5 brownie points for that

Anyway I'm here and I think we should split up eventually because the puzzle will involve doing stuff from multiple rooms together otherwise it's unfair for the scum because we would never split up. I think we should share the type of items we have and split up so every group has a way to shine light and save someone so don't pick up the medkit yet.  I have a broken unlit lantern so if someone can repair my lantern that would be helpful.

Tomasque: Do you think we should do an item massclaim? Why/why not?
For the purposes of finding scum it would do far more harm than good, for the following reasons:
 1. It allows scum to plan around people's items. If they know a person has no weapons, they might target them first.
 2. It allows scum to get the best items. It is very possible even that one of us holds an item that seems useless to us, but that the scum know is key to solving a puzzle.
 3. It allows the scum to lie about what items they have, making them blending in easier. I, an adventurer, am allowed to ask for fake flavor text, I assume the scum will be allowed to do the same.
 4. It could compulse adventurers into lying about their key items early on, which could backfire on them later.
Note: Expect a lot of formatting from me - I'll probably have a lot of time on my hands, and I like to write things neat and orderly.

However, I would definitely support people claiming items if those items could help us solve puzzles. For instance: "I have a *insert item here* that we could use to cut those vines / dredge the pool / move the statue / etc." That would be pretty darn helpful.
I have an idea, how about everyone writes what they have as a message so we know everything that exisit a but not who has what.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2016, 07:53:05 pm »

I have an idea, how about everyone writes what they have as a message so we know everything that exisit a but not who has what.

:o

That's a good idea.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 43