Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57768 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 1 - The Overgrown Nexus
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2016, 08:46:31 pm »

I am guessing he just finds you more suspicious than BHK, but the reasoning behind it is unknown to me.
I am not going to state my actions, but I think at least a few of them will be recognizable.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »

TDS:
So... What is the possible use of being vague about what actions you're taking...  It seems like a weak way to hide scum actions in the nighttime.  I'd be voting you if I could.

You find it suspicious when I do that but not when BHK does? Why?

For reference:

Alright. I think a good way to start is to organize who interacts with what. I'll interact with either the pillar or the statue.

And the reason I'm being somewhat vague is to lower my chances of being nightkilled by scum who know where I will be.
Well that one's obvious...
I'll interact with the statue, who else is taking what duty?
Does mafia need to know what object you're interacting with in order to act against you? Where'd you learn that tidbit?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2016, 12:12:40 am »

Okay so my action plan is
1. Write a message with both my items
2. Investigate the statue
3. Fix/light my lantern, so if anyone can help me do it before action 3 or at action 3, I'm slow on items
Hey NQT, can I submit an either/or action like I'm suggesting?
4. Move to the next room

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2016, 12:16:44 am »

EBWOP: I forgot to add, does anyone have any objections or something they would like to add?

Oh and NQT, can I submit an action based on circumstances that will happen but haven't happened yet? Like interacting with a person in the next room if they say they are going to the next room but haven't moved there yet?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2016, 12:17:43 am »

TDS:
So... What is the possible use of being vague about what actions you're taking...  It seems like a weak way to hide scum actions in the nighttime.  I'd be voting you if I could.

You find it suspicious when I do that but not when BHK does? Why?

For reference:

Alright. I think a good way to start is to organize who interacts with what. I'll interact with either the pillar or the statue.

And the reason I'm being somewhat vague is to lower my chances of being nightkilled by scum who know where I will be.
Well that one's obvious...
I'll interact with the statue, who else is taking what duty?
Does mafia need to know what object you're interacting with in order to act against you? Where'd you learn that tidbit?
Multiple people interacting with stuff probably won't accomplish anything.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2016, 12:19:51 am »

... That entire thing was to TDS.  I have no understanding of what you're even trying to say.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2016, 12:22:13 am »

... That entire thing was to TDS.  I have no understanding of what you're even trying to say.
There was no transition between quotes, so I assumed you were talking to me. Guess not.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2016, 02:36:56 am »

Okay so my action plan is
1. Write a message with both my items
2. Investigate the statue
3. Fix/light my lantern, so if anyone can help me do it before action 3 or at action 3, I'm slow on items
Hey NQT, can I submit an either/or action like I'm suggesting?
4. Move to the next room
Can't you take the time to do two single claims?

Also, what will people be searching? Not item-interacting, simply searching? I know I'll be searching with my 3rd action, and I need to know what I should search. If I don't get a reply, I'll be searching the pool.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2016, 02:46:33 am »

If you go into an unexplored room, you can perform actions regarding yourself or other people you expect to be there, but not any room objects (as you're still taking those in).

You can spend an action doing something with an object you expect to have but don't yet have, but you can't do either-or actions: if you don't have the relevant item or the item doesn't support the action you're trying then the action will fail.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2016, 02:48:35 am »

Will the fail give urgency?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2016, 02:51:18 am »

Will the fail give urgency?
Importantly: urgency is only granted when an action fails solely due to someone else. So if someone fails to give you something but it would have worked if they did, you gain urgency. If what you're trying would never have worked you don't gain urgency.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2016, 04:03:03 am »

Ugh, bluuuh. Busy!
NQT: Is it possible to give out public information on the general idea of speeds for future reference?

Discussion phase discussion phase, first time I've ever played in a non-orthodox Mafia game so...
I therefore believe the Discussion phase of 48 hours (hooray slow reading + busy time + ARGH HOW LITTLE TIME LEFT TO DISCUSS) is our best chance at getting things straight up, pertaining to the idea that by far--our only problems with any assassin would be in DARK rooms (anyone got a torch? :P ) since we get info out when in the same lit room with people.

Are we electing for someone to...be killed? (How does that work out, NQT? Does it happen in any other phase or is it like an insta-dead thing?) because based on random navigation and a general overview--it's like a D1 end lynch, however in such a case this is pretty different from the usual B12 D1's.

Graaah, reading up. MOAR

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2016, 04:07:33 am »

Query again to NQT: is it possible for conjunction(?) actions to go?

As in:
Action 1: Move
Action 2: IF {someone} is in the same room as me, {do action/search/move into adjacent room}

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2016, 04:13:12 am »

Tiruin

Here's the info on speeds:
Actions happen in the order in which they're sent (essentially meaning there are four sub-phases in the puzzle phase). When there is a conflict (two players taking the same item / searching the same object, a player leaving a room while another player is actioning them etc.) the player's action speed is consulted. This is a unique hidden number.

Each player has four speeds. They know roughly how fast they are but the exact number is hidden from them.

Rooms in the temple are normally dim unless stated otherwise. You can't see other player's actions in a dim room. You can see them if the room was fully lit. The three lightings are lit, dim and pitch black.

There is no lynch mechanic. You're free to vote for someone to be killed, but then it'd be up to a player with a killing item to carry out the kill if they wanted to.

You can't submit actions which trigger on certain conditions, but you can target people, objects, items that may turn out to not be in the location.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2016, 04:16:13 am »

Also noting ahead that my messaging speed is very slow :v So I'm not bothering with doing that thing.

Also aside query:
So instead of lynching, it's vigilante killing (via an item)?
That's right! At least one town player has a means of killing with an item in their starting inventory (everyone starts with two unique items). Players will have the opportunity to pick up or construct more weapons as the game progresses, and items can be looted from dead bodies.
Is there an inventory limit? @_@ Not implying along the last sentence but it had me wondering if we loot or discover items (since I didn't ask anything before the game started >_> Bluhh timing). When you also say 'unique items', that means only the person possessing those items can use those items, or that they're just uniquely made towards the person?

Tiruin

Here's the info on speeds:
Actions happen in the order in which they're sent (essentially meaning there are four sub-phases in the puzzle phase). When there is a conflict (two players taking the same item / searching the same object, a player leaving a room while another player is actioning them etc.) the player's action speed is consulted. This is a unique hidden number.

Each player has four speeds. They know roughly how fast they are but the exact number is hidden from them.

Rooms in the temple are normally dim unless stated otherwise. You can't see other player's actions in a dim room. You can see them if the room was fully lit. The three lightings are lit, dim and pitch black.
[...]

You can't submit actions which trigger on certain conditions, but you can target people, objects, items that may turn out to not be in the location.
Alriiiight. So...can we read messages in an otherwise defaultly stated dim room? :P Is reading messages automatic when entering a room? What if we're in a room and another player inscribes a message (and we move out but are slower than their inscribing speed)--do we see the message?

There is no lynch mechanic. You're free to vote for someone to be killed, but then it'd be up to a player with a killing item to carry out the kill if they wanted to.
Wanted: {Person A}, $500; Dead.
Reminds me of them ol' wanted posters. :V But...this means there's no lynch mechanic at all and this is merely conjecture then.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 43