Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29013 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »

it's ye creation's Funeral, Now where did I leave that Potion of Fear..?
The Mad god Xenraft Says Cryptically Before Returning to The outside of the world
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »

"See, there's a little problem with that, I'm the only thing here stopping Om from teleporting every luminite into the bottom of the ocean. The crusade will be weaker regardless of whether they stay or leave. If they leave now, they may preserve their own and use it to grow stronger."

"That is where You are wrong, Kyazir. I have made preparations to protect The Luminites from Om, They need not worry."
((Countering can be done via messaging? How wonderfully assymetric))
Cancel teaching tactics
Spend 9 points to teleport all Luminites in the Sunset Glades to the deepest part of the ocean. Leftover power is used to do the same to Luminites on the Abyssal Easterlands

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2016, 12:50:24 am »

Cancel teaching tactics
Spend 9 points to teleport all Luminites in the Sunset Glades to the deepest part of the ocean. Leftover power is used to do the same to Luminites on the Abyssal Easterlands

Triniteus suddenly intervenes :
"I will not condone such an interference in mortal affairs.

By removing the attacking Luminites, you will cut short the undertaken rope of change that was sent to the various races.
I cannot allow that.
Your action will brutally deprive all the involved people of the chance of progress brought luckily by the Crusade of Zelthen.
Mortals must fight and oppose each other to find the worth of their existence.
Stealing this away from them will turn them into miserable mouths sustaining only by the power of the Divine.

As an upholder of Progress brought by one's own strengths,
I oppose you in this action Om !"

Use 10 Influence Points to save the Luminites of the Sunset Glades : tamper with the Teleportation by altering the exit point to 1 millimeter to the left of the original position of the teleported.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 12:53:09 am by Nakéen »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2016, 01:57:38 am »

Cancel teaching tactics

Triniteus suddenly intervenes :
"I will not condone such an interference in mortal affairs.

By removing the attacking Luminites, you will cut short the undertaken rope of change that was sent to the various races.
I cannot allow that.
Your action will brutally deprive all the involved people of the chance of progress brought luckily by the Crusade of Zelthen.
Mortals must fight and oppose each other to find the worth of their existence.
Stealing this away from them will turn them into miserable mouths sustaining only by the power of the Divine.

As an upholder of Progress brought by one's own strengths,
I oppose you in this action Om !"

Use 10 Influence Points to save the Luminites of the Sunset Glades : tamper with the Teleportation by altering the exit point to 1 millimeter to the left of the original position of the teleported.
"I will remember this Triniteus"

New action summary:
Om physically enters the world. The sky weeps blood.
Using no power, Om shows the Tortons how to create compelling rhythms by drumming their shells
Once again using no power, instruct the Tortons to build a joint town with the Lamias
Om brings the Inax into the world at the joint Torton-Lamia camp for 4 Points
Om teaches his followers tactics for 5 points
Have the Tortons and Inax together attack the old Torton camp and liberate the Torton captives, Om fights alongside them, firing laser beams using 2 points
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:30:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2016, 02:29:41 am »

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]
New action summary:
Use 4 Points to banish the demon Pherse
Using no power, Om shows the Tortons how to create compelling rhythms by drumming their shells
Once again using no power, instruct the Tortons to build a joint town with the Lamias
Have the Tortons and Inax together attack the old Torton camp and liberate the Torton captives, Om fights alongside them

Have the Lamia aid the Torton and Inax army with treating whoever gets wounded.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2016, 10:31:11 am »

New action summary:
Have the Tortons and Inax together attack the old Torton camp and liberate the Torton captives, Om fights alongside them, firing laser beams using 2 points

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2016, 01:59:48 pm »

Turn 7

Sleeve, after returning the few anorath she could save to the Lamia camp creates a needle. Sleeve then teaches the Lamia the Sleeve arts. While only novices, the Lamia begin tending to the injured as best they can. Sleeve herself helps with the most injured patients. After dealing with the injured Anorath Sleeve teaches her followers music and song, not via divine inspiration, but by teaching them as a parent would teach a child. Slowly, and with some difficulty, the Lamia begin to understand music.

After sending his people down into the dangerous world of the southern region, Triniteus gives his people their first challenge. They are to be free and surpass themselves, always. This is the creed that the Asthates people will live by. Furthermore, Triniteus challenges his people to journey across the dangerous lands towards the stone tablet. This is also where the golems live for the most part. However, that is no longer the case. The golems who normally lived in one large settlement around the stone tablet seem to have abandoned their settlement and wander the country side. Their gigantic stone bodies visable even from great distances. They stomp across the landscape, filled with a rage equal to that of the land they are one with. Their anger, size, and might are unequalled, and Asthates that are spotted by the once peaceful giants, are chased down. So far none have met their fate at the hands of the golems, but still, the dangers in seeking the stone tablet are quite high.

Asteros decides that his people will learn math and astronomy. These skills will be instrumental in building the alarri civilization. Speaking of instrumental, Asteros asks his Alarri to participate in the music contest. After seeing Sleeve directly teaching the Lamia, Asteros decided he could do the same. He began teaching his mortals in a very similar manner as Sleeve.

Xenraft the mad decides that perhaps his dremonians could benefit from basic skills. He teaches his dremonians mining and how to create non-lethal traps. These traps will likely be beneficial in catching slaves and meals. Xenraft then follows this up by producing spider root, which is actually not a root at all, but  fungus. It grows on walls and ceilings and produces slightly sticky hair-like strings, much like a spider web. It can be made into cloth by anyone who has knowledge of weaving.

Spoiler: Torton Front (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Anorath Front (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deep Front (click to show/hide)

The god Om declares that they will smite the Luminites by teleporting them to the bottom of the ocean, but backs down when the god of balance threatens to intercept the teleportation spell. When luminites at the torton camp figure out that they are not being teleported to the bottom of the ocean, their moral is bolstered and their belief in the crusade is reaffirmed. The tortons, both at the torton camp and the lamia camp feel powerless. This sentiment deepens into despair when less than half of the Inax join the tortons at the Lamia camp and many others join the Luminite campaign instead of the torton defense. While some Inax were swayed by the promise of a caring god, others where swayed by Zelthen's "righteous" rhetoric. Much is the way of the inax, to constantly have conflict among themselves.

Spoiler: The Numbers (click to show/hide)

Pressed on by the angel Uriak to fill the world with music, three races races rise to the challenge. The Lamia are the first to begin learning magic from their god. The snake women find themselves particularly attuned to song and begin forming choirs. Soon enough, some sing as they work, and while the songs aren't magically soothing, many patients find them comforting and hopeful. The second race was that of the alarri. They found math, music, and writing to all be very similar pursuits of creativity and their songs and music reflect that. Their songs are often complex, tonal, and happy sounding. The last race was the Tortons, Om taught their people to beat on their shells to form music. Given the recent events, large gatherings of tortons began coming together to memorialize the dead with somber beats.

Music has taken root in this world. An expression of existance, music is a way of speaking your true feelings in a way that words could never do. After lsitening to the songs of the world, I have decided that the Lamia's music is the most soothing and pleasing to listen to. I will award them with my blessing and an artifact of my creation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of the grots find their locations agreeable. The jungle and forest grots respectively find themselves without want. They start to reproduce. While all grots look incredibly similar, it seems that there are males and females. Or perhaps all grots are capable of reproduction. Its hard to tell as they all look very similar. The southern grots find themselves very very unhappy and eventually make their way away from the lava rivers, sudden freezing temperatures, and seemingly grot targeting lightning bolts.  They mostly find their way to the caverns where they are adopted by the Ickyanthy or roam wild and free. The northern grots find their way to the recently created Mt. Sancturn. Here they etch out a life eating aubernite tree bark, and the omnifruit trees which can find purchase here.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slaeve (Happy Demon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kyazir (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

*He said no, so I'll roll for someone else later*
Spoiler: Mir (Sentient Bowtie) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Knowledge (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Types (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:42:56 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2016, 02:19:27 pm »

Now it is time I Gave the Lamp's light bulbs a real reason to fear the dark. . .
I Create, and unleash upon the world, Grimelings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2016, 02:20:09 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 02:21:31 am by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2016, 03:02:55 pm »

Sleeve receives the Harp of Uriak.
"Thank you."
Sleeve then goes to the Lamias with the harp.
"Your music has won me a blessed harp. But I am not one of music, so I will give it to you."
Sleeve will give the harp to the Lamia who is best able to play it.

*Some time later*

Sleeve looks at the aftermath of the battle, with a grim expression.
"Too few remain. I have to do this."
Sleeve goes to Camp Lamia.
"My daughters, I have a request, which I do not like. Because of the war, many have died, too many. I fear they cannot protect us in their numbers.
So I ask this of you, to train in harm. To train in the ways of causing pain and hurt. I hope we will never need it, but without it, many more may die.
If you are not willing, it is fine. But if too few step up, I will force some of you. A minimum of 200. 1 in 5, but the others have far more.
I'm sorry.
"
Sleeve will take those who are more willing to hurt others, and have them be trained in the ways of combat. A minimum of 200 will be trained.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2016, 03:11:43 pm »

Xenraft decides he might as well teach OTHERS the secrets of non-lethal traps and Combat, he even Knows who to Teach first!
Xenraft goes down in mortal form to Try and teach Sleeve's Lamia Non lethal Combat with Staves as well as how to assemble basic Non lethal traps whether or not Sleeve wants him to.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2016, 03:21:16 pm »

Xenraft decides he might as well teach OTHERS the secrets of non-lethal traps and Combat, he even Knows who to Teach first!
Xenraft goes down in mortal form to Try and teach Sleeve's Lamia Non lethal Combat with Staves as well as how to assemble basic Non lethal traps whether or not Sleeve wants him to.
"This form of combat will let them keep their hands clean. I thank you for teaching them this.
It was folly of me to have them forced to learn lethal combat.
"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2016, 03:22:23 pm »

Triniteus gazes upon the many dangers paving the way to the Tablet, and the perseverance of his people.
"Marvelous, marvelous !"

And he just waits, for the future heroes to come to the Tablet...

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2016, 04:42:43 pm »

Turn 7.1: Fate is Forgetful

News of war has spread far and wide and many denizens seek the thrill of combat. A variety of heros seek to enter the world and achieve fame and glory. However, many of them see how underdeveloped the world is. Which is understandable as it has not existed very long at all. Still, several heroes are willing to rough it for a while for various reasons.

Ryzod the hunter: A remarkable hunter who seeks to slay the wild beasts of your world. His skin is as dark as night and his irises are bright yellow. 4 IP.
Inobi the novice mage: A mage who, as part of his training, is to find adventure in a mysterious land. 5 IP.
Synic the mercenary: A soldier for hire. He's 8 feet tall, red, and quite the combatant. He's not very friendly, but he gets the job done. 5 IP.
??? the warlock: A mysterious warlock who seeks to enter the world temporarily in order to collect the remaining Ravens and then leave again. 3 IP.

A travelling salesman of antiquated and strange objects has two objects for sale. It doesn't take divine premonition to see that this guy likely sells snake oil, smoke, and mirrors. But perhaps he has one or two legitimate items. I have a great deal for the divines today. There is in my possession, a rare and powerful artifact. Its a very very powerful seed. It will grow into a giant tree, which, will increase the fertility of those who live near it. I'm selling this for a measly 7 influence. I mean, what a steal. But wait, there's more! For another three IP you could be the proud owner of this strange nut I stumbled across in my travels. I found it floating in mid-air in the ruins of an ancient city with no other plants around. What it does, nobody knows, but it's magical! And that's enough for me. Any takers?

The last request comes from a demigod. I am the demi-god Vratae. I devote myself to travelling across the worlds making safe havens for all people, and creatures. I'd like to build one here, a city, large and prosperous. This city, will independent of your pantheon and will be watched over by my stewards and guards. This city, like my other cities before it, will have laws which state that every race, denizen, and creature will be allowed to live there as equal citizens. Given that they are capable of doing so. Furthermore, the city will act as a city state separate from the nation states of the people. Lastly, it could serve as a safe haven from other gods. If you all agree, unanimously, the city could be a no-man's land for divine intervention. I would help pay for the city of course, it could only cost 15 IP from you gods. 

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2016, 04:59:15 pm »

Sleeve looks at the heroes.
"A hunter of beasts, an adventuring mage, a mercenary, and a warlock who wishes to rid an evil from this world.
Synic can help in the battle.
"
Use 5 points to bring Synic into the world. So he can join up with the armies of Om, and aid in fighting Zelthen's army.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20