Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29007 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of Creation IC
« on: May 22, 2016, 01:22:07 pm »

OOC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158318.msg7011195#msg7011195

The time for creation of a new world has finally arrived. The heavens are abuzz with energy as the 7 high gods set about their work. Strange beings from heaven, hell, and who knows where have found a way into your domain. They come seeking entrance into the physical world, through any means necessary.

The world itself is dank, empty, and unmolded. It is a particular bit of nothingness in a larger cosmic nothingness. Distant stars twinkle, uninterested in the fate of this particular region of void. This is where you will set about your work. You have each formed your own race of mortals to place upon the world, yet as of now there is no world to place them upon. This is the first step on the long path that is creation.

However, even now the creatures of the multitudes seek to influence you. Whether that influence is worthy, warranted, or well intended is impossible to say. The system for requests is simple and understood by all. Major requests can be made to the council of gods as a whole, whereas specific or minor requests may be made in private to a particular god.

The first of many is a race of stone golems: We are earth, alive and awoken. We come to dwell within new land. We make offer to the gods a new region of mountains and rock in exchange for entry. Will any god among you take our request? The golems are a hardy and slow race, with little needs and wants. However, like many natural races, they are protective of the wilds of the world. Some may call them, territorial. To transpose the race into the world would require about 8 points.

The second request is made by a monster. It cannot speak nor communicate, but its gist is clear. It is a giant creature which resembles a cross between an angler fish and an octopus. It is dark and hungry. A predator and unfit for a fledgling world. However, it offers a global ocean. This amount of seawater would take a long time to create and would require much effort on the part of the gods. To release this beast upon the world would cost 14 points and thus require multiple gods to achieve.

A third request comes from an angel. I am Ryalliph an angel of truth. I seek entrance into the world so that I may guide a race in the pursuit of truth. I have nothing to offer to you except my guidance to a race of your choosing. To bring Ryalliph into the world would cost 7 points. If multiple gods wish to enlist him, they will each need to make a case for as why he should align himself with you.

A fourth request is made by a demi-god. I have in my possession a continent teeming with live and creatures. I would give it to you for free if you blessed it with a place in your new world. It is unlikely that all of the beings on it will survive the trip into the mortal plane, or even existence in that realm if they do make it, but perhaps some life may cling on and survive. At least three gods need to accept this gift in order for it to enter the world.

A final request is made by another demi-god. I am Jyll lord of slimes and oozes, queen of all that jiggles, and goddess of goo. I beseech you gods, allow me to seed this world with my beautiful slimy children. I will introduce several types of slimes and oozes into this world in three turns time, and in exchange, I offer a god as much as 10 influence points. However, if multiple gods seek my power, I will split those points between those who desire it.

This concludes the first round of requests to the council of gods. At this point in time specific requests to individual gods are unlikely as there is yet to even be a world. However, perhaps one or two may pop-up as actions are deliberated and discussed. At this point gods are free to discuss with eachother the requests at hand, their ideas for the world, and whatever else pleases them. In addition gods are now free to take action and begin constructing the world.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (NRDL) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Garix (snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:25:58 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:39:08 pm »

Xenraft looks upon the two demi gods and says...
I'll accept what ye be sell'in even if tha' others won't.
he then looks upon the monster...
if ye can wait A bit i'll let ye in ta' tha' world.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

Om speaks, and the heavens glow.

"I would accept your offer Ryalliph, that my Tortons may learn the mysteries of magic and the truth of all things, and use this to better themselves and others, helping all.

To the Continent Demigod, I would question where the continent comes from, how it came into your possession, what you would do with it if we do not accept, and if it contains any intelligent life, particularly virulent diseases or major defects. Your offer appears too good to be true.

To Jyll I would like to inquire as to the biology and habits etc. of your slimes, though I am inclined to accept your request."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:00:09 pm by Demonic Spoon »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 01:46:43 pm »

Nix's head starts spinning, and it begins to speak.  Specifically, to the demigod offering the continent.

"Um, do you, y'know, have a name?  Could come in handy, "Continent demigod" just doesn't suit you."

"Also, I'd be absolutely delighted to sponsor your entry into this material plane.  I'll get back to you with word from my...colleagues."

Anybody else wanna sponsor whatisface into this world? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »

Nix's head starts spinning, and it begins to speak.  Specifically, to the demigod offering the continent.

"Um, do you, y'know, have a name?  Could come in handy, "Continent demigod" just doesn't suit you."

"Also, I'd be absolutely delighted to sponsor your entry into this material plane.  I'll get back to you with word from my...colleagues."

Anybody else wanna sponsor whatisface into this world?
I am currently against the Continent Demigod's offer, because the continent may both contain hidden dangers, and the transfer potentially cause the mass deaths of innocents.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 01:51:29 pm »

"Yes, but if we don't, we'd be missing out on so much opportunity!  Think of all the lifeforms that WILL make it.  Doesn't seem fair to rob them of their chance to live."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 01:54:10 pm »

"Yes, but if we don't, we'd be missing out on so much opportunity!  Think of all the lifeforms that WILL make it.  Doesn't seem fair to rob them of their chance to live."
Or perhaps the continent is full of hibernating titans or something. It could very well be an uncontrolled factor of significant danger, both to our creations and ourselves. We do not know that if we do not accept the continent that the creatures upon it will not continue to live. That is why I am questioning the Continent Demigod about this.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »

I ha' already said I would take up tha' continent carrier, an' if no one else takes up tha' slime gal I would, I might grab the sea bringer and perhaps even tha' pile O rocks in a bit.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 02:10:47 pm »

I ha' already said I would take up tha' continent carrier, an' if no one else takes up tha' slime gal I would, I might grab the sea bringer and perhaps even tha' pile O rocks in a bit.
The Continent Demigod requires the agreement of three gods, and only two have so far given their blessing. I may be willing to take up Jyll on her offer depending on the specifics, as I said.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 02:39:31 pm »

*Adding a black glow to indicate NPC. If this makes it had to read, let me know.*

Dearest Om, slimes and oozes are much like all living things. They must eat and they must move in order to live. Slimes are gelatinous, and able to hold a semi-solid form. Oozes are more viscus and have trouble holding particular shapes. As for the kind of slimes that will survive in your world, well that totally depends on what else there is. There are some that are carnivorous, and some herbivores, but the majority of them are scavengers. Really, they are simple and beautiful creatures and the ones that survive will be the ones that evolve or have a food source. I guess it may be fair to tell you that they are sensitive to magic and have a tenancy to become poisonous, but thats only if exposed to particularly nasty environments.

My name is Berail. As for the origin of this continent, it comes from a failed world. Not all worlds have such a powerful pantheon as this and this world fell prey to poor management. As such, I made a deal to trade this continent in exchange for some of my power. However, with me being unable to place it within the mortal realm, it remains in stasis. I cannot be certain exactly the condition of the continent. The gods who created it did a poor job managing their world and ultimately abandoned it. It safe to say that there is some sort of intelligent life on it, and perhaps some other less savory beings and pests, but nothing so dastardly as a titan or a monstrosity, I assure you that.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 02:44:32 pm »

*Adding a black glow to indicate NPC. If this makes it had to read, let me know.*

Dearest Om, slimes and oozes are much like all living things. They must eat and they must move in order to live. Slimes are gelatinous, and able to hold a semi-solid form. Oozes are more viscus and have trouble holding particular shapes. As for the kind of slimes that will survive in your world, well that totally depends on what else there is. There are some that are carnivorous, and some herbivores, but the majority of them are scavengers. Really, they are simple and beautiful creatures and the ones that survive will be the ones that evolve or have a food source. I guess it may be fair to tell you that they are sensitive to magic and have a tenancy to become poisonous, but thats only if exposed to particularly nasty environments.
Then I accept your request Jyll
My name is Berail. As for the origin of this continent, it comes from a failed world. Not all worlds have such a powerful pantheon as this and this world fell prey to poor management. As such, I made a deal to trade this continent in exchange for some of my power. However, with me being unable to place it within the mortal realm, it remains in stasis. I cannot be certain exactly the condition of the continent. The gods who created it did a poor job managing their world and ultimately abandoned it. It safe to say that there is some sort of intelligent life on it, and perhaps some other less savory beings and pests, but nothing so dastardly as a titan or a monstrosity, I assure you that.
I find myself hesitant. I will leave it to the remaining gods to accept or not.
((OOC: I can't actually see the glow on darkling, so it doesn't help to distinguish npc text))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 05:45:48 pm »

Triniteus listens attentively to the various requesters.

I find myself hesitant. I will leave it to the remaining gods to accept or not.

"I, for one, am wary of extra-planar disturbances. I agree with Om's position, the world is yet too young for us to allow a land from another universe to be brought there."

He adresses himself to his fellow gods.
"I believe our first task should be to mold the world and leave our mark. Who would join me to create our first land ? If none follow me, I will just be able to create a small island. Together, we could raise a large continent from the vacuum."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 05:58:26 pm »

Xenraft looks at Triniteus and says
Or ye could agree an' gain us a conntinent for no part of our own, an' if the continent has undesierable life we can herd it to the sea beast I ha' agree'd ta release in the new world.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 06:04:15 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 06:15:26 pm »

Xenraft looks at Triniteus and says
Or ye could agree an' gain us a conntinent for no part of our own, an' if the continent has undesierable life we can herd it to the sea beast I ha' agree'd ta release in the new world.
Triniteus answers to Xenraft :
"No. As I stated, I refuse to partake in the bringing of a foreign land in this young universe. That is why I would like for the first land of this realm to be created by our hands."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 07:54:46 pm »

((I'm poking this thread. So I can watch it.

*Poke*

Hihihi~))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20