Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29077 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2016, 12:48:23 pm »

Upon witnessing Xenraft's Creation, Zelthen scoffs in Righteous Indignation, before speaking to The Dark God.

"Xenraft, my Fellow God, if You do not remove this Overgrown Poultry from the Northern Region of the Continent, I will gift Your Cave-Dwelling Peoples in turn, and I do believe that they would find my gifts to be most, entertaining, to say the least."
It Ain't Gona' happen O Weak an' Spineless Lamp face.

"So Be It, I am certain that my new creation will find a good home among the Caverns."

Zelthen instructs The Luminites concerning The Phoenixes. The Luminites are to use Ranged Weaponry against them if possible, and if Melee combat is necessary, to use Pole-arms if possible. Instead of Burning Phoenix Corpses, The Luminites are to Decapitate the Body, and Bury the Head where the Phoenix was slain. The Body of the Phoenix is to be skinned, the Meat and Hide are to be cut into many pieces, and must be Buried at least Twenty Feet apart from one another, and at least Twenty Feet from the Corpse. The Phoenix's Bones are to be Shattered and Ground into Powder, the Bone Powder will be Buried along with the Head. All Burials must be at Six and a Half Feet Deep, as the Phoenix's Body Rots, it will be Purified by the Icy Cold, although much slower than Fire would Cleanse it normally.
((Are you sure you want to use 2 IP to tell your race how to deal with giant turkeys?))

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]
"This seems to have been a targeted attack against my Omnifruit Trees. How disappointing."
"Um... you do know those trees are everywhere, right?
It could be targeted, but I think it's more to do with their abundance than their nature.
"
"The eastern jungles also hold a large amount of Star Trees, yet none of them were touched. Do you not find that at all suspicious?"

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2016, 12:55:02 pm »

Upon witnessing Xenraft's Creation, Zelthen scoffs in Righteous Indignation, before speaking to The Dark God.

"Xenraft, my Fellow God, if You do not remove this Overgrown Poultry from the Northern Region of the Continent, I will gift Your Cave-Dwelling Peoples in turn, and I do believe that they would find my gifts to be most, entertaining, to say the least."
It Ain't Gona' happen O Weak an' Spineless Lamp face.

"So Be It, I am certain that my new creation will find a good home among the Caverns."

Zelthen instructs The Luminites concerning The Phoenixes. The Luminites are to use Ranged Weaponry against them if possible, and if Melee combat is necessary, to use Pole-arms if possible. Instead of Burning Phoenix Corpses, The Luminites are to Decapitate the Body, and Bury the Head where the Phoenix was slain. The Body of the Phoenix is to be skinned, the Meat and Hide are to be cut into many pieces, and must be Buried at least Twenty Feet apart from one another, and at least Twenty Feet from the Corpse. The Phoenix's Bones are to be Shattered and Ground into Powder, the Bone Powder will be Buried along with the Head. All Burials must be at Six and a Half Feet Deep, as the Phoenix's Body Rots, it will be Purified by the Icy Cold, although much slower than Fire would Cleanse it normally.
((Are you sure you want to use 2 IP to tell your race how to deal with giant turkeys?))

((I don't even know If I have 2 IP to spend on it... I'll Edit my Action.))

EDIT: ((Sorry to break the Game's Flow. I've Edited my Post.))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:57:51 pm by Ardent Debater »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2016, 01:05:18 pm »

"The eastern jungles also hold a large amount of Star Trees, yet none of them were touched. Do you not find that at all suspicious?"
"The Star Trees are far less numerous than the prolific Omnitrees, and they are too distant geographically. I don't find it suspicious, it would have actually been more suspicious if the Star Trees had been cut instead of the Omnitrees."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2016, 01:09:37 pm »

"The Star Trees are far less numerous than the prolific Omnitrees, and they are too distant geographically. I don't find it suspicious, it would have actually been more suspicious if the Star Trees had been cut instead of the Omnitrees."
"Too distant geographically? You speak nonsense. The portals were opened in the eastern region, in the heart of the jungle of star trees that Asteron created. Yet none of the star trees were touched. I cannot help but be suspicious that Asteron had a hand in the felling of my omnitrees, like he had attempted before."

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:38 pm »

"Too distant geographically? You speak nonsense. The portals were opened in the eastern region, in the heart of the jungle of star trees that Asteron created. Yet none of the star trees were touched. I cannot help but be suspicious that Asteron had a hand in the felling of my omnitrees, like he had attempted before."

"Perhaps Pherse attempts to further divide the Gods, Or Perhaps the Demon sees the folly in the Omnifruit Trees."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2016, 01:25:09 pm »

"Perhaps Pherse attempts to further divide the Gods, Or Perhaps the Demon sees the folly in the Omnifruit Trees."
"It was indeed Pherse who perpetrated this crime, as I have recently discovered in my investigations, though I find myself curious how you knew this, is it because you were the one that helped him? I know at least one god has been helping Pherse, for his spider-imp creatures could only have been the handiwork of one of gods. And currently Asteron, and now Zelthen, are the most likely culprits for this action"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:34:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2016, 01:31:01 pm »

"It was indeed Pherse who perpetrated this crime, as I have recently discovered in my investigations, though I find myself curious how you knew this, is it because you were the one that helped him? I know at least one god has been helping pherse, for his spider-imp creatures could only have been the handiwork of one of gods. And currently Asteron, and now Zelthen, are the most likely culprits for this action"

"You Accuse Me of Collaborating with a Demon simply because I inferred that the Demonic Monstrosities might be under the command of the only active Demon in the World? I've been Insulted by You before, but implying that I would Join Forces with a Being as Unspeakably Corrupt as Pherse, and Forsake my entire Purpose for the sake of cutting down a few of Your Inferior Fruit Trees?!? That, Is Quite a Statement to Make, Om."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »

"Indeed, seems like I was mistaken. It is suspicious in a way, but I have difficulties grasping the consequences of this act of lumberjack. Those are just trees to me."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2016, 02:00:47 pm »

[Sleeve, Snake of Medicine]

Sleeve flies back to the Lamia camp.
"I need you for something, not a lot of time to explain, so. Volunteers gather here."
Sleeve draws a circle in the sand.
"This will be dangerous, but, you can help people."
A lot of the Lamias go into the circle. Then sleeve descends, growing in size (says she can grow in her character sheet), until she can circle the group with length to spare.
"Get on, girls."
The Lamias get onto Sleeve's back, and then she flies off.

Edit: ((I'm changing the action from teleport to fly.))
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 02:09:32 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2016, 02:46:21 pm »

Only action of Triniteus for this turn :
Triniteus gives 3 Influence Points to Om.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2016, 10:57:31 pm »

Turn 5

Garix is nowhere to be found. Mysterious whispers that seem to belong to another world entirely hint at him being on a strange and incomprehensible... vacation.

A growing dread begins to creep over the world as more and more wards are broken. The mortals begin to fear and worry. Unease is everywhere, in every race, and in every nervous glance. Something evil is coming.

Zelthen lays down commandments before his Luminites. They are to do the following:
Spoiler: Zelthen's Commandments (click to show/hide)
The commandments are then inscribed within an ice monolith in the mathematically exact center of Sancturn. The Shining One then teaches his glorious Luminites the about military strategy and combat methods. The Luminates take to this theocratic military lifestyle almost instantly. They enjoy it, and see it as the purest form of worship. However, some luminites are dissatisfied with the seemingly obvious contradiction of these orders. They have been training, they have studied military strategy and combat methods, all in the name of removing impurities and corruption from the world. Yet a war rages to prevent a powerful demon of corruption from entering this world, and the luminites do not participate. Quiet whispers about the weakness and cowardliness of their people and their god are uttered in hushed tones by those who may soon begin to doubt.

Om, after seeing that his people had quickly fallen prey to a patient and putrid killer, taught them a spell. The spell Detect Orange Slime would allow any Torton who could perform magic to detect orange slimes within ten meters. The spell duration is one day and cast time varies by skill of the caster.

Xenraft, the god of monsters, madness, and mayhem, creates Phoenixes. These large birds are as hungry as they are hot. They are constantly engulfed in chaotic fire and constantly hunt for food. Upon death they explode into a devistating fireball and their corpses burn until they are but ashes. If these ashes are exposed to fire they absorb it and are reborn as a baby phoenix.

Sleeve creates the Dancing Needle. A mysterious tool which is designed to protect the Lamia from harm. It pricks any sea beasts which may wish to harm Lamia within 100 meters of it. Its pricks cause supernatural amounts of pain, despite the small size. Time will only tell if this is enough to dissuade the giant leviathan from a tasty meal.
Furthermore Sleeve takes a diplomat to the Eastern Region of the Western Continent and leaves a diplomat in the unknown territory there. The diplomat wanders through the jungle, but as of yet, has not been approached by those that live there.

Asteros teaches the Alarri true name magic. This magic is easily approachable to a novice, but difficult to master. The use of this kind of magic is largely dependant upon knowledge of the target. The more you know, the more magically powerful the spell.

It was still early and dark. The stars shown brightly in the heavens, and would for at least three hours to come. Yet it was as if the sun was rising. Eerie fires dotted the landscape around the entrance to caverns. The ora had been launching attacks for days, perhaps weeks now, and had been rebutted every time. At first the anorath were as they always were, swift, but feeble before the might of the Ora. Then the Ravens came with their skeletal faces and their red glowing eyes. Their fire and ferocity struck fear into the hearts of even the most fearless warriors. They drove the Ora back. Later strange half-men appeared. Their torsos were that of a tiny person, but their lower body's were of spiders. They too wielded devastating fire. For days these fires burned and they seemed as if they were never to go out. To burn on forever until the world was nothing but a cinder. But then the sun rose. From across the battlefield a denizen of light wearing armor so bright and radiant that it appeared as if the sun had descended upon the battlefield. The demonic fires were extinguished by mere contact with the golden light. Shadows crawled back into their holes. And the earth quaked as the being spoke thus:
I am the angel Ryalliph. I descended upon this world so that I may guide it towards truth, enlightenment, and understanding. I watched in disappointment as the world was filled with corruption. Here me now all those who would commit evil; by my hand, you shall be cleansed.
Behind him the Ora army, those who weren't being treated by the Lamia and could still fight, gathered. At the entrance to the caverns, not more than 100 meters away, the anorath and the ravens and several of their minions had gathered to receive the incoming army. Ryalliph drew forth his lance. He glowed so brightly that a halo of light appeared above his head. Then a flash of light appeared, blinding everyone in the area. It was silent for a moment before a sound like thunder devastated the Ora's eardrums. When they recovered, the opposing army had disappeared, and the glowing light was descending into the caves. After a second of sheer awe, the Ora's let out a battlecry and charged into the depths. Within the hour the Ora army lead by Ryalliph had reached the inner sanctum. However, they could go no further. The demon Pherse stands before the angel and called out:
Evil? Truth? Cleansing? This is your sermon? Your sacrament? You antiquated ideals of good and evil are charming really. Tonight you lay waste to liberators of an unjustly imprisoned innocent. A demon of the desert, who was summoned to this land to create exactly what he reigns over. A demon summoned by a god, much like the ones who empower you now. Yet only one god desired desert. And the rest locked him away. I ask you now gods of this world, does your sense of justice include imprisoning guests you allowed into this world? Because that is the fate of this poor demon. Trapped for doing what he had been asked to do. Where is the righteousness in that?
At this the angel hesitates.
I cannot tell whether this demon speaks the truth, or if he spouts lies. Pherse, your fate is for the gods to decide. Mortals, you have been defeated. Scatter or face my wrath.

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Slaeve (Happy Demon) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Garix (snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Creatures (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mortal Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Heroes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 04:01:08 pm by Roboson »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2016, 11:21:49 pm »

Triniteus places a request to the Gods of the Pantheon.

"Brothers and Sisters. I find myself in need of 3 Influence Points to imbue my region with the powers of the Three Elements I Command. I seek for someone to lend me the Influence Points I am missing for this work.

In exchange, I will give you 4 Influence Points during the next turn."

Triniteus's Request : Give him 3 Influence Points so that he can finally shape his region. He will give you 4 Points in exchange when he will be able to.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2016, 11:59:36 pm »

Zelthen lays down commandments before his Luminites. They are to do the following:
Spoiler: Zelthen's Commandments (click to show/hide)
The commandments are then inscribed within an ice monolith in the mathematically exact center of Sancturn. The Shining One then teaches his glorious Luminites the about military strategy and combat methods. The Luminates take to this theocratic military lifestyle almost instantly. They enjoy it, and see it as the purest form of worship. However, some luminites are dissatisfied with the seemingly obvious contradiction of these orders. They have been training, they have studied military strategy and combat methods, all in the name of removing impurities and corruption from the world. Yet a war rages to prevent a powerful demon of corruption from entering this world, and the luminites do not participate. Quiet whispers about the weakness and cowardliness of their people and their god are uttered in hushed tones by those who may soon begin to doubt.

The Shining One's Voice Echoes to The Luminites, His Creation. As He Speaks, the Earth grows Still, the Darkness seems to stop in it's place, and the Light of Sancturn Glows Brighter. Though His Voice is Soft, it's Essence permeates the very Souls of all Luminites who listen.

"MY PEOPLE, CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT, FOUNDERS OF ORDER, BRINGERS OF PURITY, HEAR ME NOW, THE TIME FOR THE CRUSADE HAS COME! I KNOW THAT MANY OF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR FAITH, AND THAT MANY OF YOU BELIEVE THAT I, YOUR CREATOR, AM WEAK, AND THAT YOU, ARE WEAK. THIS IS FALSEHOOD AND SACRILEGE, THE TIME FOR THE CRUSADE HAS COME.  WE SHALL UNITE, AND CLEANSE ALL IMPURITIES THROUGH OUR HOLY BLADES, THE DARKNESS SHALL BE CAST ASIDE BY THE BLAZE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THE POWER OF CHAOS ITSELF SHALL BE BROKEN BEFORE OUR WILL. THOSE AMONG YOU WHO WISH TO FIGHT, GO FORTH AND CLEANSE THIS WORLD!"

Upon finishing His Speech, Zelthen creates a Portal One-Tenth the size of Sancturn. The Portal leads One-Third of the Luminites that enter to the Southern End of Berail's Continent. There, they shall Cleanse the Land of the Taint of all Anorath, for by Following Pherse, they have been shown to be Corrupt, if the any of the Anorath, immediately swear upon their Eternal Souls to follow Zelthen and Uphold His Commandments with unwavering Faith, they shall be Spared and allowed to Join the Crusade. Any of their Young shall be indoctrinated by Luminite Priests, to be Raised as Crusaders for the Holy Light. The Luminite Priests will spread Zelthen's Word to any who will listen, if any Tortons, or other Races interfere with The Luminite Crusade, they uphold The Darkness and Must be Slain in The Name of The Shining One.

One-Third of the Luminites that enter the Portal will be Transported to the Caverns of Xenraft. Once there, they will Slay all Dremonians they Find, for such is that Race's Corruption, they can never be Truly Pure. By Slaying them, their Souls will become one with their Darkness, and later, when the Darkness is Turned to Light, they shall become one with True Enlightenment. The Luminites will give any Ickanthy the chance to Forsake their Unholy God and Swear upon their Eternal Souls, to have unwavering Faith to The Shining One and His Crusade, any Ickanthy who does this will be allowed to join The Crusade. Their Young shall be Indoctrinated into the Faith of The Shining One by Luminite Priests from the moment of their Birth, any Deformed Eggs of Faithful Ickanthy are to be Burned, their Souls shall reincarnate as Luminites. The Eggs of any Unfaithful Ickanthy are to be Indoctrinated into the Faith of The Shining One, for they still have a Hope of Purity.

Lastly, One-Third of the Luminites that enter the Portal will be Transported to the Lands of The Tortons. The Luminites shall slay all Tortons Loyal to Om and Burn their Settlements. If any Tortons immediately swear upon their Eternal Souls to Follow The Shining One and His Holy Crusade with unwavering Faith, they shall be Spared Death and will be allowed to Join the Crusade. The Young of any Faithful Tortons shall be sent to the City of Sancturn, to be Raised as Crusaders for The Shining One's Faith. The Luminites are to set the Omnifruit Trees on Fire as they pass through Torton Lands, as Fire is the Only Way to Cleanse the Omnifruit Tree's Blight. The Tortons, although Less Corrupt than the Dremonians and Anorath, Worship a Corrupt God whose Teachings, although Righteous in Intent, have strayed from the Truth of The Light, and as such, lead the Tortons to Ruin and ultimately, to Corruption and Decadence. Therefore, It is The Holy Duty of the Luminite Crusaders to Cleanse them of their Impurities and Bring the Holy Truth to the Tortons, so that they might understand the True Path, and Prosper in Eternal Glory.

Only Two-Thirds of The Luminites enter the Portal, the rest remain at Sancturn to Train and Defend The Bastion Of Light. The Luminite Priests at Sancturn are to Double their Luminite Creation Efforts, and the Luminite Warriors are to Forge a Vast Arsenal of Abuernite Weapons and Armor, to Use in The Crusade.

When The Luminites Finish entering The Portal, Zelthen closes The Portal. Having a way to retreat from their Foes might Lessen the Courage of some of The Luminite Crusaders, and that must not be allowed to Occur. The Shining One then watches the Progress of The Crusade. Upon seeing the Dilemma with Pherse and Ryalliph, The Shining One Voices His Opinion.

"I Believe that Pherse should be Slain and that the Influence from His Corpse should be Used to Bind The Greater Demon Further."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:24:30 am by Ardent Debater »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2016, 12:04:58 am »

Evil? Truth? Cleansing? This is your sermon? Your sacrament? You antiquated ideals of good and evil are charming really. Tonight you lay waste to liberators of an unjustly imprisoned innocent. A demon of the desert, who was summoned to this land to create exactly what he reigns over. A demon summoned by a god, much like the ones who empower you now. Yet only one god desired desert. And the rest locked him away. I ask you now gods of this world, does your sense of justice include imprisoning guests you allowed into this world? Because that is the fate of this poor demon. Trapped for doing what he had been asked to do. Where is the righteousness in that?
At this the angel hesitates.
I cannot tell whether this demon speaks the truth, or if he spouts lies. Pherse, your fate is for the gods to decide. Mortals, you have been defeated. Scatter or face my wrath.
Perhaps Pherse, if you had approached us openly about this, I might have been willing to believe and trust you. Perhaps you are even speaking the truth now. But it is almost certainly not the only truth. You yourself were brought into this world to teach the Igons fire magic for example, yet you abandon this duty to play at grand theft lumberjack. No doubt your kindred is the same, and would never limit himself to doing merely his duty. As you have so kindly shown us, demons are not to be trusted. The other demon shall remain imprisoned
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:11:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2016, 12:13:52 am »

snip, xenophobia
Om stares at the actions of Zelthen. As expected, the Coward God could only attack the weak and already defeated, not someone who might actually pose a threat.

Spend 5 points to teach the Tortons how to build basic structures (basic architecture?)
Spend 5 points to teach the Tortons basic metalworking
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:05:24 pm by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20